Underwear in gym sauna?

briefsfan

Experimental Member
Media
I started going to a well known national gym about a year ago. There is a sauna and hot tub in the men's locker room.

I'm in my 40s, and my whole life, when going to the gym, you were expected to shower after. And if you sat in the sauna you would take a towel and go nude in the hot tub.

What I've found though is literally I am the only person that does that. In over a year, I don't think I have seen another guy shower before going in the sauna, nor come in with a towel only.

50% of the guys wear their sweaty boxer briefs, with no shower. The others come in their work out gear, including often shoes.

It blows my mind they don't know basic hygiene or are too scared of their dick and balls to do it. It's smelly. Many of them even go dress in their regular clothes after being in the sauna, with soaking wet underwear.

Age range is probably 25 to 30 years old average. There are periodic older guys, but see situation.

Is this now normal?

Btw the gym doesnt provide towels, which may cause some of the problem. But it's not hard to bring a towel.

briefsfan

Experimental Member
Media
Even when I went to a military gym guys were rarely nude in the sauna. Usually they wore compression shorts. When I went to the local LA Fitness, I never saw anyone nude in the sauna.
I get not nude in the sauna, but at least take a shower before, right?

Reactions: Rocket9

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
This FEAR of nudity among men now is disastrous for the male psyche.
Sauans should be used naked, or at the most a towel wrapped around you, but then you have to untuck it and let it loosely hang on your thighs. The norm in my experience is that one thigh is uncovered and the corner of the towel covers your junk so you have an excuse to touch it when recovering, but really as a signal that you're interested.
Of course, in my 20's I went to this uni sauna that was astoundingly active. Circle jerks almost daily, I kid you not. I wore my Bub jockstrap in there most of the time but with a towel to sit on.

cockydude2018

Superior Member
Media
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This FEAR of nudity among men now is disastrous for the male psyche.
Sauans should be used naked, or at the most a towel wrapped around you, but then you have to untuck it and let it loosely hang on your thighs. The norm in my experience is that one thigh is uncovered and the corner of the towel covers your junk so you have an excuse to touch it when recovering, but really as a signal that you're interested.
Of course, in my 20's I went to this uni sauna that was astoundingly active. Circle jerks almost daily, I kid you not. I wore my Bub jockstrap in there most of the time but with a towel to sit on.
Randy school boys!

londonredhead

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sauna should always be nude. My Finnish friends told me that. Underwear is disgusting. Young guys seem to have a fear of their cock size. I've reminded a few we all have a cock, some look big but never grow, some look small but grow huge. Just be confident with what you have.

JohnGw

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Abertawe (City and County of Swansea, Wales)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sauna should always be nude. My Finnish friends told me that. Underwear is disgusting. Young guys seem to have a fear of their cock size. I've reminded a few we all have a cock, some look big but never grow, some look small but grow huge. Just be confident with what you have.
A comment I have heard used by somebody with a small cock is "It's big enough to fill a pram."
This should be taught to any youth with inhibitions about their cock size.

BigMacattack

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I thought nude was the way to go in a sauna but my gym has signage all over the place saying" Cover up and be considerate of others." I still sit on a towel and cover my junk with my hands if I am joined by others.

cockyjosh

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A few weeks ago I was in the steam room with another guy that had his full set of clothes on and shoes. Long sleeve shirt, jeans, socks, and his work boots. All I could think about was how dirty that area is going to be once he leaves. And her I was naked with my skimpy towel covering up. I’ve only seen one guy completely nude at my sauna, but most were usually naked with a towel to cover up. Now the majority are in swim trunks or some type of clothing.

My first time in a steam room was internationally and I laid out completely naked. When I started going in the US, I felt like everyone was so scared to be in there. No one is really even naked in the locker room while changing.

Reactions: coffinhack

JohnGw

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Abertawe (City and County of Swansea, Wales)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A comment I have heard used by somebody with a small cock is "It's big enough to fill a pram."
This should be taught to any youth with inhibitions about their cock size.
In textile saunas I sit on my towel, naked of course, and have a long enough end to the towel to flip it modestly over myself if somebody enters.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
T
A few weeks ago I was in the steam room with another guy that had his full set of clothes on and shoes. Long sleeve shirt, jeans, socks, and his work boots. All I could think about was how dirty that area is going to be once he leaves. And her I was naked with my skimpy towel covering up. I’ve only seen one guy completely nude at my sauna, but most were usually naked with a towel to cover up. Now the majority are in swim trunks or some type of clothing.

My first time in a steam room was internationally and I laid out completely naked. When I started going in the US, I felt like everyone was so scared to be in there. No one is really even naked in the locker room while changing.
Thoughtless of that guy to wear his work clothes in the sauna. It's always tricky to say something to a dude who does that.

Steevh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There does appear to be a change in nudity attitudes of late. The gym I go in the mens changing everyone seems so afraid to be naked. I don’t mean flaunt it around, but just simply changing after the gym, there are towels wrapped around and a big struggle to get dressed under that.