We ended things and now I feel broken

ThrowAway121223

Experimental Member
Media
I'm sorry for the long post in advance, but I could really use some advice right because I just don't feel good at all. I can't remember the last time I've felt this way.

I'm (24M) bisexual and have never dated a guy until a couple of months ago. Honestly, this was the year (Late January) that I first began experimenting with guys too. All my life, I hadn't done with thing a guy but I took a chance and decided to let this be the year. All my life I also said I wouldn't do it because of internalized homophobia and because I saw myself with a wife and kids when all is said and done.

But this guy in particular changed my mind and opened it to the possibility of what could be. We're the same age and everything (Before, I'd said I'd never mess around with a guy my age because that runs the risk of us knowing the same people, they're kinda immature, etc. but regardless, I took a chance with him.). He had never dated a guy before either, so we were venturing down this road for the first time, together.

--

We lasted about 3 months. I tried fighting for it to make things work, but there was always something. I didn't like the way he talked to me sometimes, I felt like I never got affirmation or reassuring words (His response was "What kinda gushy stuff do you want me to say"), I felt like he didn't support me at other times, the list goes on, and I won't bore you guys with the details.

All in all, we just don't work. Our schedules no longer align, we keep having disagreements, and more. We had called it quits last week, but then got on the phone and seemingly resolved things, but I can tell it's just not there anymore. It's just not going to work. We haven't officially called it off but I know it's only a matter of time.

I'm very hurt. Despite my initial beliefs about dating guys, I gave it a chance and now look at me. Despite my initial beliefs about entertaining a guy my age, I gave it a chance and now look at me. Everything just blew up in my face. I'm damn near broken right now. I go through moments of being ok with how things turned out, telling myself that "it was for the best" and that "I'll make it through" but for the most part, I'm upset.

--

These days I have no appetite, on-and-off crying, I'm getting headaches, I don't feel like doing anything. I'm just not myself anymore because of how bad this caught me off guard and how bad I feel. Work and my occasional hobbies keeps me distracted but once those are done, I'm stuck in my head thinking of him and how things went downhill.

It's to the point I'm considering therapy. I really wanted it to work with him but it just didn't.

And what's worse is that I know he's just fine without me. He has a very promising future, many groups of friends, and more. I have nothing and no one. I'm not close to my family and my friends are surface-level; I can't talk to them about deep things like this. None of them even know about him or the fact that I'm bisexual. I'm alone. That's what's brought me here.

I have people that are romantically interested in me but I don't want them. Literally, last week on the day when he and I stopped talking, an old girlfriend hit me up wanting to rekindle things but I'm not interested at all. I wanted him. They say in order to get over someone, you have to get under someone else. That's worked in the past, but not this time. I'm not remotely interested in dating anyone else, doing anything casual with my old fwb's, etc. etc. I've met up with one of them and it just didn't do anything for me. It felt like I was just trying to fill the void.

--

I'm just lost on where to go and what to do. I know I need to focus on myself, start working out consistently, eating right, etc. and I've been doing that the past few days but I know that's not enough. I know I need to focus on my mental status but I just don't know how to do that. I constantly check my phone to see if he's reached out, but every time, it's nothing. I try to reframe my negative thinking and feelings but it's no good. I need help on what to do next. A part of me is even thinking, if I look better and work on myself then I can talk to him in the future and try making things work, but I know that's not the right mindset to have.

To be brutally honest and I'm sorry if this comes off some sort of way, but he wasn't all that in the looks department; Maybe a 6.5 at best. I know I could do far better in that area given how I look and who I've attracted in the past. But thanks to him, I also learned that it's not always about the looks, it's also about the person and how they make me feel. And we don't really have much in common. When he's talking about work or these organizations that he's in, I'm like "Oh ok, that's nice", followed by some questions because I literally have no concept of what he's talking about. And he's supposed to be moving away for Med-School in 2025 (Unless he decides to stay local), so I'm sure that would've caused a rift between us. I guess it's better these things happened three months in as opposed to a year+ in.

But despite all of this, I liked how he made me feel when things were good and I liked who I was around him.

He received a part of me that I've never shared with anyone else and I feel as though that's why this hurts so bad. I would've done anything for him.

I'm sorry for the long post. I just need help because I'm in a steep mental decline. I didn't even wanna come home last night. Can anyone please help? Thank you so much.

--
TL;DR: Me and the first guy I've ever dated called things off for good. I'm extremely hurt to the point where I don't wanna do anything. I have headaches, I'm crying on-and-off, and more. I really liked him but we just couldn't make it work. Can I please get some help?

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The prescription for pain is an analgesic.

The prescription for depression is an antidepressant.

The prescription for grief is to grieve. There is no pill. You're feeling it anyway so feel it all. The only way out of it is through it. Let it all out.

I know. It sucks.

sonny84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Kid, welcome to adult feelings and relationships.
The only way to get rid of pain, is to live thru it.

Make a list of things about you, that you would like to develop and evolve in order to not make the same mistakes again. And work on and thru that list.

Make this a teachable moment for yourself and focus on you.

califotoz

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
We're here for you, we know it REALLY hurts, we know you feel like you wont get through it, but we know you will, because we've all been there. Don't beat yourself up. It isnt because you dated a guy your age, or even just a guy. It hurts so much because for the first time in your life you really connected with someone, and disconnecting from them hurts, no matter their age or gender. The next time will also hurt, but not as much, and the 10th time will also still hurt, but you'll learn some coping skills that will make it hurt less. You got this, and we care about you. Hang in there and check in every now and again.

hvdude

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Kid, welcome to adult feelings and relationships.
The only way to get rid of pain, is to live thru it.

Make a list of things about you, that you would like to develop and evolve in order to not make the same mistakes again. And work on and thru that list.

Make this a teachable moment for yourself and focus on you.
When I was your age and a "relationship" ended I always asked myself 2 questions: What did I like about the time I spent with him and what did I learn from the experience (either about myself or another person). Then I moved on; sometimes it was more difficult that other times.

More importantly I want to say "BRAVO" to you for opening yourself up to experience being with another man. Letting down your inhibitions and following your natural instinct can be hard, but you did it with courage and conviction. I don't know you, but I am proud of you.

You rolled the dice with your first same sex relationship and went "all in", maybe too far and too fast. That's understandable! It was all so new and exciting, wasn't it? Exploring a side of you that you had been denying for so long gave you a sense of freedom and personal satisfaction and maybe made you feel like you were being your true, whole self. Okay, so when the next guy comes along you know to be more cautious and take things slower.

Devil's advocate: I don't like it when you say "I felt like I never got affirmation or reassuring words", "I can tell it's just not there anymore. It's just not going to work.", "I really wanted it to work with him but it just didn't." You seem to know the truth in your heart. More to the point, "I gave it a chance and now look at me. Everything just blew up in my face." You're blaming yourself and - sorry to be a bit callous - but you do have to take some of the blame; stop putting this all on him.

This won't be the last time you get hurt. Each time learn from the experience and grow from that. It might seem easy for me to say, but it will get better and you will find a good man for you. If you want to contact me directly, send me a message. One of the major problems in our community is that we don't have mentors to help our young men along as they explore their sexuality and relationships. I would be happy to offer whatever advice you might find helpful. YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND YOU ARE LOVED!

BigDixRule

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sorry for the long post in advance, but I could really use some advice right because I just don't feel good at all. I can't remember the last time I've felt this way.

I'm (24M) bisexual and have never dated a guy until a couple of months ago. Honestly, this was the year (Late January) that I first began experimenting with guys too. All my life, I hadn't done with thing a guy but I took a chance and decided to let this be the year. All my life I also said I wouldn't do it because of internalized homophobia and because I saw myself with a wife and kids when all is said and done.

But this guy in particular changed my mind and opened it to the possibility of what could be. We're the same age and everything (Before, I'd said I'd never mess around with a guy my age because that runs the risk of us knowing the same people, they're kinda immature, etc. but regardless, I took a chance with him.). He had never dated a guy before either, so we were venturing down this road for the first time, together.

--

We lasted about 3 months. I tried fighting for it to make things work, but there was always something. I didn't like the way he talked to me sometimes, I felt like I never got affirmation or reassuring words (His response was "What kinda gushy stuff do you want me to say"), I felt like he didn't support me at other times, the list goes on, and I won't bore you guys with the details.

All in all, we just don't work. Our schedules no longer align, we keep having disagreements, and more. We had called it quits last week, but then got on the phone and seemingly resolved things, but I can tell it's just not there anymore. It's just not going to work. We haven't officially called it off but I know it's only a matter of time.

I'm very hurt. Despite my initial beliefs about dating guys, I gave it a chance and now look at me. Despite my initial beliefs about entertaining a guy my age, I gave it a chance and now look at me. Everything just blew up in my face. I'm damn near broken right now. I go through moments of being ok with how things turned out, telling myself that "it was for the best" and that "I'll make it through" but for the most part, I'm upset.

--

These days I have no appetite, on-and-off crying, I'm getting headaches, I don't feel like doing anything. I'm just not myself anymore because of how bad this caught me off guard and how bad I feel. Work and my occasional hobbies keeps me distracted but once those are done, I'm stuck in my head thinking of him and how things went downhill.

It's to the point I'm considering therapy. I really wanted it to work with him but it just didn't.

And what's worse is that I know he's just fine without me. He has a very promising future, many groups of friends, and more. I have nothing and no one. I'm not close to my family and my friends are surface-level; I can't talk to them about deep things like this. None of them even know about him or the fact that I'm bisexual. I'm alone. That's what's brought me here.

I have people that are romantically interested in me but I don't want them. Literally, last week on the day when he and I stopped talking, an old girlfriend hit me up wanting to rekindle things but I'm not interested at all. I wanted him. They say in order to get over someone, you have to get under someone else. That's worked in the past, but not this time. I'm not remotely interested in dating anyone else, doing anything casual with my old fwb's, etc. etc. I've met up with one of them and it just didn't do anything for me. It felt like I was just trying to fill the void.

--

I'm just lost on where to go and what to do. I know I need to focus on myself, start working out consistently, eating right, etc. and I've been doing that the past few days but I know that's not enough. I know I need to focus on my mental status but I just don't know how to do that. I constantly check my phone to see if he's reached out, but every time, it's nothing. I try to reframe my negative thinking and feelings but it's no good. I need help on what to do next. A part of me is even thinking, if I look better and work on myself then I can talk to him in the future and try making things work, but I know that's not the right mindset to have.

To be brutally honest and I'm sorry if this comes off some sort of way, but he wasn't all that in the looks department; Maybe a 6.5 at best. I know I could do far better in that area given how I look and who I've attracted in the past. But thanks to him, I also learned that it's not always about the looks, it's also about the person and how they make me feel. And we don't really have much in common. When he's talking about work or these organizations that he's in, I'm like "Oh ok, that's nice", followed by some questions because I literally have no concept of what he's talking about. And he's supposed to be moving away for Med-School in 2025 (Unless he decides to stay local), so I'm sure that would've caused a rift between us. I guess it's better these things happened three months in as opposed to a year+ in.

But despite all of this, I liked how he made me feel when things were good and I liked who I was around him.

He received a part of me that I've never shared with anyone else and I feel as though that's why this hurts so bad. I would've done anything for him.

I'm sorry for the long post. I just need help because I'm in a steep mental decline. I didn't even wanna come home last night. Can anyone please help? Thank you so much.

--
TL;DR: Me and the first guy I've ever dated called things off for good. I'm extremely hurt to the point where I don't wanna do anything. I have headaches, I'm crying on-and-off, and more. I really liked him but we just couldn't make it work. Can I please get some help?
I wish I could link you to my story. Maybe I will.

My Story

Please excuse the extra details of what we did, but I think I summed up how I felt about him in that initial post.

I went through the same thing. I realized I was bisexual for a while now and moved to a new place and here I found a guy who meant a lot to me. He spent a lot of time complimenting me and putting me on, then after secrets he let out it just fell apart. While I wasn't sad we parted ways, I do often miss him even though he is a punk. My advice to you sir is first relationships often feel like it was meant to be but they end up not working out. Trust that there will be something better for you in your future and spend your time looking forward to that instead of mourning what you lost. This is advice I can give myself as well. You are young, 24 and have PLENTY of life left to live. Believe you'll find your special someone. ;-)

Reactions: califotoz

My name is Yum Yum gimme some

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

--

--

--

--
THERAPY is a good option. Try it.