Why am I made to feel guilty for showing off pictures and videos of my dick?

CharlieJames123

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I grew up being told by people that I was girthy, and that I had big balls etc. It was all fun and games when they were joking about it, friends, partners etc, but when I actually want to show it off, it seems a lot of people can be quite judgmental. Which is why, I assume most of us don't declare it to friends and family if we are using sites like these.

I obviously didn't tell anyone, but my ex found out and it is now a talking point. A negative one, but why is this?

Why do you think it's looked down on or frowned upon? How is it really any different to photographers showing off their stuff online, or models taking selfies on Instagram, or YouTubers vlogging, or musicians sharing music?

I'm open to discussion because I enjoy a chat! inbox always open too!

I grew up being told by people that I was girthy, and that I had big balls etc. It was all fun and games when they were joking about it, friends, partners etc, but when I actually want to show it off, it seems a lot of people can be quite judgmental. Which is why, I assume most of us don't declare it to friends and family if we are using sites like these.

I obviously didn't tell anyone, but my ex found out and it is now a talking point. A negative one, but why is this?

Why do you think it's looked down on or frowned upon? How is it really any different to photographers showing off their stuff online, or models taking selfies on Instagram, or YouTubers vlogging, or musicians sharing music?

I'm open to discussion because I enjoy a chat! inbox always open too!
There are many things in sex that are still stigmatized and masturbation and enjoying sexuality are very demonized... I don't see anything wrong with it :(

Maybe people think it’s creepy. Maybe they aren’t the right audience.

I love tits. I love my wife’s tits and loved exes tits. But if someone just walked up to me and flashed me, it would be a turnoff.

It is NOTHING like a musician sharing music, or even like a model showing selfies because those are the expected mediums.

It wreaks of insecurity as well.

Maybe people think it’s creepy. Maybe they aren’t the right audience.

I love tits. I love my wife’s tits and loved exes tits. But if someone just walked up to me and flashed me, it would be a turnoff.

It is NOTHING like a musician sharing music, or even like a model showing selfies because those are the expected mediums.

It wreaks of insecurity as well.
I wouldn't view nudity as creepy in a place where it is encouraged or natural.

Why do you think it wreaks of insecurity? I actually see a lot of confidence when looking at some posts in places like this?

It's obviously not the same thing as music as far as skills and art is concerned, but the idea itself of sharing something of your own that you want others to enjoy is definitely similar.

Oh I get it. You’re asking about people being bothered by you showing off here?

The insecurity stems from a need for validation, perceived or real, and comes off as desperate. Especially with something like a dick where we basically do nothing to earn it.

I wouldn't view nudity as creepy in a place where it is encouraged or natural.

Why do you think it wreaks of insecurity? I actually see a lot of confidence when looking at some posts in places like this?

It's obviously not the same thing as music as far as skills and art is concerned, but the idea itself of sharing something of your own that you want others to enjoy is definitely similar

Is it really selfless though?

The art and music thing is really messy dude. I think that’s a huge stretch. Half the people in the world have dicks. So you aren’t offering anyone anything.

Posting your photos is like tweeting what you had for breakfast.

Oh I get it. You’re asking about people being bothered by you showing off here?

The insecurity stems from a need for validation, perceived or real, and comes off as desperate. Especially with something like a dick where we basically do nothing to earn it.
I just don’t agree that posting nude photos is always about insecurity or seeking validation. The idea that sharing explicit content is automatically a sign of desperation seems like a stretch.

I don’t see why it’s considered any less valid than sharing any other type of media that is your own. If nudity is for validation and suggests desperation, then everything else must be too surely? But the rest isn't stigmatised. A photo of the sunset doesn't imply desperation, for example.

Nudity is just another form of self-expression that society tends to judge more harshly.

Reactions: dreamer20
Is it really selfless though?

The art and music thing is really messy dude. I think that’s a huge stretch. Half the people in the world have dicks. So you aren’t offering anyone anything.

Posting your photos is like tweeting what you had for breakfast.

The fact that half the population has a dick doesn’t make it any less valid to share, just like posting a sunset photo isn’t less valid simply because millions of people have already seen a sunset.

I’m not saying it is desperate. I’m talking about perception.

If you cannot see how it is so different from a created song, I’m not sure any explanation will do.

People don’t often take a photo of every sunset and claim it to be art unless it is some big project. And sunset photos are kind of mocked anyway because they are so common.

I’m not saying it is desperate. I’m talking about perception.

If you cannot see how it is so different from a created song, I’m not sure any explanation will do.
I do see how it's obviously different. It's an extreme example. There's no comparison at all if we're discussing talent, the work involved, or what music can mean to people. But the idea of posting something for others to see, or enjoy, can be comparable. I'm just asking about the stigma that surrounds posting nudes, or OnlyFans, or nudity in general really - and why it's there. Obviously I don't agree that it's creepy, or desperate.

Reactions: dreamer20
That talent is what separates it.

A lot of people feel as though sex is a very personal act. That probably sits at the core of why they don’t like it. Sharing a very private thing like that with others is not their thing.

And that’s okay. Just as it’s okay for you to be a part of a group that likes to do it.

when I actually want to show it off, it seems a lot of people can be quite judgmental. I didn't tell anyone, but my ex found out and it is now a talking point. A negative one, but why is this?
Why do you think it's looked down on or frowned upon?
No one can make you feel guilty without your consent. Yet I understand prudes and haters do spew negative comments at you, hoping to make you to regret posting nudes. Don't mind those negative persons. They are vastly outnumbered by the multitude of persons here clamoring to see an attractive person, such as yourself, nude. And I don't view the rare risk taking exhibitionist, in my locality, as being "creepy". I actually look forward to seeing their exhibitions :yum

• Love
Reactions: CharlieJames123