Why do men tend to lie about their size?

Athrowaway1999

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The topic is what is mentioned in the title. While looking around here and from past experiences, I've noticed that some/a lot of men tend to lie about their size even when it's blatantly obvious they are not that. What's the point of this?

I've been looking around recently trying to find hot accounts and I've run into a lot of these cases. To clarify, I'm 6.6" (around 17cm) myself, I know my size, I've measured it multiple times and came to terms of it, that it's a good above average size. But there are a lot of men here and everywhere else, where they lie being about this size (6.5-7" spectrum specifically), when it is blatantly obvious and visible they are in the 5.5" ball park. We can argue that camera angles, focus, depth etc. can influence our perception, but I curve downwards at the end and still my cock looks 6.6" with the curve too from a birds eye view.

I understand that most men would like to have a bigger penis than they have, but why lie? If it turns out, it can lead to very awkward situations and I think it's just ridiculous when I see an average cock advertise itself as 8 inches. This just blunted our perception of cocks either and I can see that a lot of people can't say the difference between some sizes anymore.

As closure, some personal story. Once I've hooked up with a guy and we talked sizes after the deed, he desperately tried to tell me that I have an 8 incher, because from his past experiences, he learnt this. He said that cocks smaller than mine are in the 6" category, until I measured for him and he was kinda shocked.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's called a foot in the door. I can see this being an issue that much more now than in yrs past because it is the social media age by which a lot of interactions we'll even tolerate are pre filtered by our own preferences.
Men tend to be adaptive problem solvers, and at least here in hetero world what men have observed over the past 40yrs or so is a paradox offered by women: penis size matters less than personality but, big penised men are often offered much by way of overt and enthusiastic sexual attention. So what results is men purporting themselves as bigger to pass the initial filters of selectivity, and hoping to rely on whatever charisma or personality they offer to offset what they physically don't.
When the majority of those who like dicks purport average dicks as ideal, or better yet when it is statistically substantiated that men with average sized penises get more sexual attention and opportunities(or at least as much as big ones) than others is when the lie disappears.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To be fair, the reason why men are so prone to lying about anything about themselves, especially when it comes to garnering sexual opportunities is because most of the metrics we are going to be judged or selected by are largely out of our control. This comes into play especially again in hetero world where paradoxically we are expected to give grace for the exaggerations and omissions offered to us by women, even if most of the metrics we judge by are completely within their control.

CoburnAisling

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Because children are fucking brutal to each other in school, and ruthlessly bully people into permanent genital dysphoria, yo. This is not some silly thing. People literally don't feel comfortable in their own bodies because they get teased until they're suicidal about the length of their flaccid penis. Our society has a sickness when it comes to how boys' bodies are looked at when they are far too young to be able to protect themselves from emotional trauma.

I'm a psychologist, and I have to deal with clients who have this. It's horrific.

Athrowaway1999

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To be fair, the reason why men are so prone to lying about anything about themselves, especially when it comes to garnering sexual opportunities is because most of the metrics we are going to be judged or selected by are largely out of our control. This comes into play especially again in hetero world where paradoxically we are expected to give grace for the exaggerations and omissions offered to us by women, even if most of the metrics we judge by are completely within their control.
Yeah, I had a feeling that this came from a dysmorphia issue, but I would actually think the opposite, that it worsens one's self-esteem, because they lie themselves into a role they can never be in. I agree with you on the point that some persons just select people based on metrics and when some metric is different from their view they immediately sort them out. I don't know how it is with women, because I've never been with one, I'm just sort of interested, but it is really apparent with guys too. Also your perception is right on that social media has made it its worse possibility, because of OF, hornybait and sorts of accounts like that, the stigma has been implanted into people's minds that everything has to be perfect and look in sort of a way, if they are slightly not that, they are unattractive.

Reactions: MamiMilfHunter

Athrowaway1999

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Because children are fucking brutal to each other in school, and ruthlessly bully people into permanent genital dysphoria, yo. This is not some silly thing. People literally don't feel comfortable in their own bodies because they get teased until they're suicidal about the length of their flaccid penis. Our society has a sickness when it comes to how boys' bodies are looked at when they are far too young to be able to protect themselves from emotional trauma.

I'm a psychologist, and I have to deal with clients who have this. It's horrific.
I didn't want to come off as hostile, I apologise if that was the case, I was just curious. Though I didn't know this serious of an issue can be hiding between this, I didn't know that bullying spread onto this field as well.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with you on the point that some persons just select people based on metrics and when some metric is different from their view they immediately sort them out. I don't know how it is with women, because I've never been with one, I'm just sort of interested, but it is really apparent with guys too.
I see it a lot in particular with gay and bisexual men, not so much with straight men, to point that I'd feel comfortable in implying the vast majority of straight men's sexual preference metrics are achievable by 80+% of available women. It is in fact, why, on other threads I've often lamented the social schism between straight and non straight men, because I think a big part of the rift is non straight men getting their social cues(and mating/dating strategies) from straight women as opposed to other men.

Reactions: BIGdickRodney

Chiballana

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A woman's waist to hip ratio Is not within her control, it Is based on genetics

Reactions: lapdog2001

Chiballana

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wouldn't men actively lying about themselves in order to garner sexual opportunities entail deception and thus a breach of consent? It's not even an omission, but actively lying to your face.

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think this "lying" comes from the anonymity of online chatting. Maybe it's because my formative years were before internet and social media. I mean there were jokes about someone being "small". But to be honest, few guys I knew were "huge" by any stretch. And when we were naked together like the gym or changing out of wetsuits the beach on surf trips, no one seemed to care or really look. But online...? The world is full of giant cocks!

Reactions: P.J.9

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A woman's waist to hip ratio Is not within her control, it Is based on genetics
BMI beats out waist/hip ratio amongst the average populace of men. If so many women weren't so entrenched within their apex fallacies they'd realize that most of them are appealing by default as long as weight matches height healthily. Waist to hip hierarchy is for the select few men that can and will demand such.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wouldn't men actively lying about themselves in order to garner sexual opportunities entail deception and thus a breach of consent? It's not even an omission, but actively lying to your face.
Add makeup, shape wear, hair extensions, and various other aesthetic alterations into that with which entails deception and I would fully concur.
Consent goes both ways and my guess is a lot of men whom lie about certain things that women highly value in men(height, income) are seeking the same kind of grace they're prone to offering the 1st time the Spanx comes off, or water hits her face.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm curious again,what is your opinion on when it is an appropriate time for a transwoman to disclose her born sexuality to a cishetero man she is romantically interested in?

Chiballana

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Add makeup, shape wear, hair extensions, and various other aesthetic alterations into that with which entails deception and I would fully concur.
Consent goes both ways and my guess is a lot of men whom lie about certain things that women highly value in men(height, income) are seeking the same kind of grace they're prone to offering the 1st time the Spanx comes off, or water hits her face.
Either it's all deception and deception Is part of the dating game or nothing Is, as you said, consent goes both ways.

Chiballana

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm curious again,what is your opinion on when it is an appropriate time for a transwoman to disclose her born sexuality to a cishetero man she is romantically interested in?
I don't really have an opinion on an appropiate time, I think each person can decide on their own and we're under no obligation to tell. What I resent Is the fact that popular discourse frames trans women as horrible deceivers for not disclosing being trans before sex while men can not omit information but actively lie without facing any social consequences. Do you know how many times I've had a guy tell me he wanted to get to know me to then ghost me after sex or lie about His job? This wasn't even omission of information as in my case but active lying. Truth is, most men actively lie in order to get us into bed. I'm not saying men have an obligation to be truthful in everything they say but I resent this double standard.

Chiballana

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can't compare active lying with cosmetic alterations such as hair extensions and shapewear unless she says that her hair Is natural or those are her actual curves, you're just trying to excuse the active lying most men engage in to get women into bed. No woman I know wears either hair extensions or shapewear so I think you're overestimating its prevalence.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Either it's all deception and deception Is part of the dating game or nothing Is, as you said, consent goes both ways.
It's on you, you introduced the premise of men lying/omitting about things in order to get sex being breach of consent, I simply skied where that slippery slope led to.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What I resent Is the fact that popular discourse frames trans women as horrible deceivers for not disclosing being trans before sex while men can not omit information but actively lie without facing any social consequences.
Women, as a collective will tell men en masse we concentrate too much about our height, income, dick size, etc....implying such things are secondary(at best) in consideration to mate choice. Straight men, en masse make it very clear that they are seeking sex from cis women. There is a much higher likelihood that other personality traits and features will impell a woman to enthusiastically sleep with a man that doesn't meet her particular standards(as per their collective words wherever men are listening and obsessing over such things), then a straight man having sex with a Transwoman because her personality is cool.
We create our own social consequences...girls on average display a biological preference early for boys that are liars(specifically when said lies are offered audaciously to authority figures and to usrup societal norms) that typically isn't quenched until her fertility starts to dry up, straight boys never show a collective romantic interest in Trans girls, not on average. Your resentment should be for ciswomens hypocrisy not the fact that lying men tend to be positively incentivized by the very women they lie to.
You can't compare active lying with cosmetic alterations such as hair extensions and shapewear unless she says that her hair Is natural or those are her actual curves,
as you said earlier, deception is deception, women don't get a pass for it just because theirs is a bit more passive. Purporting is purporting, whether you display it or declare it.
No woman I know wears either hair extensions or shapewear so I think you're overestimating its prevalence.
And I think you are overestimating your scope. Hair extensions and shape wear are amongst some of the most prevalent tools of women in the dating market, and I have seen them ubiquitous amongst just about every woman I know and don't know