Workout routine/regimen

For me ,. its been just keeping up with the diet, making sure I'm getting my daily protein/calorie intake in consistently. Heavy weights and low reps and switch it up . Doing a lot of body weight stuff, HIIT to keep the abs ripped up.. lot of compound exercises as well.(deadlifts, pulse squats, Russian twists, different push up variations) I went from like 137 to now 165 mostly lean muscle ., body fat is 14% , so in a damn good groove .. What have you been doing bro?

I do a lot of compound exercises too but I go to the gym and do weights. Half body workout four times a week and i finnish each training with a 10 to 20 hiit sessio to burn all calories and put myself to bed :)

Reactions: Fitstr8

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow. I am in awe of you guys. I've never lifted weights until nine months ago I started out on a MWF TT routine. After about three months I changed to a full body workout every day. When I started I weighed 200 lbs and stand 5'9" tall. I started out every morning with burpees and I don't mind telling it now but I could barely get my fat ass on the floor. And I could barely do 3 burpees. Nine months later I can do two sets of 10 burpees one at the beginning of my workout and one at the end. I use a variety of free weights, deadlights, cable pulls. The mother of all ab workouts is what I start my workout with now for the last 10 weeks. I've gone down to 176 and that varies to 180. This morning I weighed 179. I've also started adding cardio for 5-6 mins a day and usually do an hour workout each morning before work. I just can't seem to be able to lose my belly fat or love handles. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: ur_wifes_bull

Wow. I am in awe of you guys. I've never lifted weights until nine months ago I started out on a MWF TT routine. After about three months I changed to a full body workout every day. When I started I weighed 200 lbs and stand 5'9" tall. I started out every morning with burpees and I don't mind telling it now but I could barely get my fat ass on the floor. And I could barely do 3 burpees. Nine months later I can do two sets of 10 burpees one at the beginning of my workout and one at the end. I use a variety of free weights, deadlights, cable pulls. The mother of all ab workouts is what I start my workout with now for the last 10 weeks. I've gone down to 176 and that varies to 180. This morning I weighed 179. I've also started adding cardio for 5-6 mins a day and usually do an hour workout each morning before work. I just can't seem to be able to lose my belly fat or love handles. Any advice would be appreciated.

Good work man! That’s awesome progress !
Abs are tough and not all guys will ever get them no matter how hard they train
It depends on diet, body comp , genes etc
Now there are some things you can control and others you can’t
I say stay on path you ar , cardio, a balanced diet to the best you can and keep pushing
Not having abs doesn’t mean you aren’t fit !

Reactions: Gj816

roundmidnight01

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Right now I do a lower body, chest/back, shoulders and arms twice a week. So a total of 6 workouts a week. I like training each muscle group twice a week because twice a week is optimal to achieve maximum results in a given amount of time. Each muscle group is based around heavy compound movements. Chest - flat bench press, back - weighted pull ups/barbell row/deadlift, shoulders - military press, legs - front and back squat/deadlift. Then perform volume hypertrophy work since my CNS is fried from heavy compound lifts.

I'm looking to change up my routine to one like you describe here. Do you do the same workouts on each body part day every week? Or do you do a heavy compound day and a volume hypertrophy day? Do you mind posting the sets and reps you do? Very curious.