would you consider it rude for a man to ask your weight?

gagreflexless

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've recently started to talk to someone more seriously, and a few days ago he asked me how much I weighed. I've never had this happen to me outside of the internet before and I've become insanely uncomfortable and left wondering what he was trying to imply buy asking that. I did tell him, and he didn't elaborate on the subject. could I just be feeling inadequate for no reason now? id really love some input as to why someone would askyou That. could he think I'm maybe fat or just sincerely curious? so confused :c and if anyone has ever asked you something along those lines, tell me what context the conversation was in! thanks in advance for hopefully helping ease my mind! I already felt he was way out of my league and this was most indefinitely the icing on the cake.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That's pretty rude. Unless he's trying to decide how big a dosage of roofie to give you without killing you.....and well, that's a whole different problem.

Outside of your doctor, I don't know why anyone else would need to know. Especially someone you have just started seeing.

I think his rudeness puts you way out of his league!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*blink* dyke 101 - never ask a woman's weight. ya really don't need to know.

unless ya are a sky diving instructor. they have a bit more leeway with these kinda things.

are you tall? i'm a tall girl and i get the height check from folks. sometimes weight has been asked as a follow up question. the vibe is "wow, you are tall. how much do you weight?"

sometimes it feels like a mini-medical. followed by temp, BP and the first day of my last period.

Last edited:

gagreflexless

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
*blink* dyke 101 - never ask a woman's weight. ya really don't need to know.

unless ya are a sky diving instructor. they have a bit more leeway with these kinda things.

are you tall? i'm a tall girl and i get the height check from folks. sometimes weight has been asked as a follow up question. the vibe is "wow, you are tall. how much to do you weight?"

sometimes it feels like a mini-medical. followed by temp, BP and the first day of my last period.

I am not tall, and this is the first time I've ever been asked this in real life. really shocked but also glad the ladies arebacking up my thought something is wrong lol

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
not sure if something is wrong. just off?

kinda.. i accept the social conviction that you don't ask. :smile:

i mean.. asking ya weight isn't a big deal to me... is certainly less intimate than dating past, family, ambitions and such. ya basic "hello, you should be fascinated with be because ________" conversation.

weight isn't really something ya hide *not without the aid of several layers of elasticated undergarments.* it's not like folks don't have a general idea from looking at a person, boy or girl.

what's bad.. uber bad.. is how much self worth/value some folks attach to that stupid number. i mean it's how hard gravity is pulling on ya body mass. :frown: says nothing about ya capacity for all of the higher orders of human nature. or, if ya recycle. or, if ya work for charities. of if someone has wonderful peepers. or, if they fit you like missing pieces come home. and says absolutely fuck all about how hot/smexy/let me eat your panties a person is.

that sucks.

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh yeah! If safety is involved, weight can be questioned. Shows what kind of people I hang with! :tongue:

I don't know that I'd bring it up. Depends on how you feel. If you are really curious, ask. Then educate him on how rude something like that is perceived to be. Gently, then ask him for his tax returns for the past five years. :laugh:

gagreflexless

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Oh yeah! If safety is involved, weight can be questioned. Shows what kind of people I hang with! :tongue:

I don't know that I'd bring it up. Depends on how you feel. If you are really curious, ask. Then educate him on how rude something like that is perceived to be. Gently, then ask him for his tax returns for the past five years. :laugh:

lol! if I actually muster up the courage ill ask and reportback how it went :p

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My weight has been asked twice on dates. The first time, we were going rock wall climbing, and he wasn't sure I was heavy/strong enough to belay him. (I wasn't, and on his fourth or fifth climb, I went flying! ) The second time, my date was in a very fancy-pants motorized wheelchair, and he wanted to take me for a ride without fucking up his hydraulics.

But no. Unless we are talking about fitness, and I bring up a previous weight, no one but doctors and my grandma ever ask me my weight, because asking is way rude.

I don't like to bring up old shit, and I don't like when anyone else does either. I would say if you didn't confront him in the moment, let it slide.

Off-topic thoughts...

You aren't out of anyone's league. People are just people. I'm pretty, but I'm pretty like a girl next door, not like a movie star. I have been fst, and kinda skinny, and fleshy, and really ripped. I'm really bright, funny too, but other people are sharper and my humor isn't for everyone. And flaws! Like anyone, I'm peppered with flaws, some big, and some little. Still, I have fucked and/or dated lots of dudes. Millionaires and misfits. Guys lots of other women found funny looking, and guys no one can stop looking at because they are so universally hot. And the truth? Not a single one of them out of my league. I held their interest, they continued to see me. I found each of them special, but more to the point, they thought the same of me.

Think highly of yourself, and expect others to think highly of you too. Disregard dissenting opinions, unless they come with constructive criticism about something YOU want to change. Don't put people on pedestals. Reverence should be for something that is truly transcendent, not other people. That's my advice. (One of my flaws is giving out unsolicited advice. Not planning on fixing it though.)

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I definitely think its inappropriate and depending on how he is it might be rude. I would think all guys would know not to ask that question but maybe he's just socially awkward or maybe he was just really nervous and said something stupid?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not even my husband has asked me how much I weigh! And I've never been asked on a date before.

But I was asked just recently, and I didn't resent it. Of course, I didn't tell. Last September we were demoing a kitchen, and I went to grab a 20 lb sledge hammer. The sub stopped me and asked how much I weighed. I told him enough to swing this and hit something. He didn't prod.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've recently started to talk to someone more seriously, and a few days ago he asked me how much I weighed. I've never had this happen to me outside of the internet before and I've become insanely uncomfortable and left wondering what he was trying to imply buy asking that. I did tell him, and he didn't elaborate on the subject. could I just be feeling inadequate for no reason now? id really love some input as to why someone would askyou That. could he think I'm maybe fat or just sincerely curious? so confused :c and if anyone has ever asked you something along those lines, tell me what context the conversation was in! thanks in advance for hopefully helping ease my mind! I already felt he was way out of my league and this was most indefinitely the icing on the cake.

I would feel insecure about that question asked by anyone not just men only if I was not happy with myself..not only my appearance but my whole self in a soft phase..when we are young we can be full of insecurities. As we age we embrace ourselves fully, relax and enjoy.

Plus I am to blunt and I would be asking why he/she/they were asking that? Than I would know in the spot..why than and make my conclusions based in facts.

Plus there are young inexperienced men who get nervous dating a girl..and might ask silly questions..I would not crucify anyone one for a thing like that.