47 minutes

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It takes a lot to get me out of hibernation, and my wife's posting of 47 minutes seems to have struck a chord with a few brave males who have wandered into the Ask a Woman section as I'm doing now.

I'm not fighting any fights for her. She's a big girl and more than capable of taking care of herself. I'll readily admit she can whip my ass in two moves, so I'll try to tread lightly.

If you don't live with her (none of you do, right?) then you don't know that 47 is her favorite number, and I hear 47 minutes on a daily basis. How long till dinner? 47 minutes. How much longer till you're ready? 47 minutes. I'm serious - daily.

Seems that on a visit to her grandfather many years ago, he gave her a used deck of cards for lack of any other playthings. The deck had 47 cards. So that's the genesis of the number.

It's been our joke around here how I would smother her with passion for 47 minutes. Then I'll take a nap. And yes, it surprised me when she posted, but it's rare when she doesn't not surprise me.

The funny part is where I read about someone calling her snarky and sarcastic. She can be silly, angry, and highly illogical (OK, women's logic) but snarky and sarcastic? Not how I would describe her. OK, sarcastic to me when I've gotten myself in trouble and try to dig my way out.

She is bossy and will not put up with anything less than perfect in her business. Ask the 30 or so men that work for her (could be 47, I don't exactly).

Oh, and she did not ask me to write this. In fact, I'll probably be in the doghouse when she reads it.

But I will say this: there are gentlemen here who are asking questions that are getting very nice and meaningful responses from women. And then there are other questions which seems to bring out the silliness in the girls. Check out the differences. Pretty enlightening.

So, I guess I have to ask a question, huh?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes. You have to ask a question.

My answer is 42. That's my standard numerical answer. Ms Ellie has me beat by 5. *sigh*. I will defend myself by saying that 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, but her's has the benefit of a truly personal story. Damn you, Ms Ellie! You is beautiful, smart and important! How can I possibly meet your high standard?

Fortunately, Capt. E, I love your lovely spouse. And I thank you for your supportive post. I believe there are wonderful women on this site and I am grateful for men such as yourself who understand which questions deserve the thoughtful responses those which may not.

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:lmao: I see why you two are married. This was done so intelligently. And 4 is my golden number and it is even personal to me. I'm the fourth daughter of a fourth daughter. :sniffles:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
LaFemme, let the record show I made the Hitchhiker joke first.

OMG! Now I get it! Duh! Inflation! :redface:

But seriously, I do answer 42 to everything! It wasn't a joke! It's true!

"Hey, Femmy! Know what we should do tomorrow?"

Femmy says, "42!"

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmm, 47 is my favorite number but it's never been my lucky number. Don't think I have a lucky number, but of course, I always lost at Bingo.