Amy Winehouse has Emphysema at 24?

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I wouldn't say out loud that your opinion is based on "facts" from tabloids and sensational media. There's no such thing as "non"-senstational media.

Yeah because her own words through interviews, Bio, family statements and quotes are all tabloids and sensational media. Your superpower to assume that everyone that doesn't agree with you is making stuff up or cannot possibly have any facts is astounding.

For someone that likes to attack people for being judgemental, you are pretty....well, judgemental.

Ironymeter.jpg

You're setting off my irony meter something fierce BTW.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Now see if I say that I'm villified lol.

BTW the bad lady line cracked me up.

Well, that's what I see...

Holding opinions has become difficult in a case like this when the individual involved has potential, has been enjoyed by many, and people want more of her.

But if you do not love one's self enough to honor the people who have made you famous, all you can say is...?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah because her own words through interviews,Bio, family statements and quotes are all tabloids and sensational media.

I forgot, the media is more concerned with telling the truth than selling magazines. How could criticize the genuity of such an honorable entity?

Your superpower to assume that everyone that doesn't agree with you is making stuff up or cannot possibly have any facts is astounding.

Your ability to not acknowledge compliments is only surpassed by your ability to make it sound as if anyone who's disagreeing with you must be outrageously off balance.

You're setting off my irony meter something fierce BTW.

That's your sexy meter. The irony meter is in the shop, remember??

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
But if you do not love one's self enough to honor the people who have made you famous, all you can say is...?

Personally, I think that's a little backward, but I do think a big part of the problem is lack of self-love.
(My hesitation is just that, before you love yourself to honor anyone else, you have to love yourself for its own sake ... that's got to be primordial. Love can't really be summoned as a duty.)
That's why I think we have to have compassion for these people.
Because, without that, they'll never start to love themselves.
Not sure I'm saying this clearly.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yes statements on her own blog, live video interviews are fabricated by the evil media empire :rolleyes:

I'm really not trying to be argumentative, but

A)those blogs are usually written by a member of their squad transposing "I" for "her"
B)Artists lie. Milli Vanilli didn't sing their own songs, and Akon and Vanilla Ice have both fabricated pasts for the sake of appearing more interesting than they really are.

If anything, I'm challenging you to seek more reliable sources for your opinion. You're good at taking information and anaylzing it, but your sources are some of the most unreliable I've ever heard of. A blog? An interview? An entertainment magazine? You're either terribly naive or you give entertainers too much credit for sincerity.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I don't understand all the hating on creative people. They are not like everyone else, they live their lives (and are judged) differently than those who are not so creative.

The urge to create and express, in the hands of an artist (and, yes, I believe that AW is an artist) has the power to transform our ways of perception. This is true whether the artist is a painter or musician or architect or even a writer.

Anyone who does not understand the power of creativity for its own sake, or who calls out creative types for being different either is incapable of creativity him/herself or is being pretty disingenuous.

I don't look at it as "hating on creative" people. I love and respect all forms of artists, one of my favorite things is to go to a concert, theatre, small clubs etc and being moved by music, acting, singing etc.

I just have a huge issue with people that throw away their talent needlessly, talent that most people wish for. Plus I'll admit I'm jaded regarding the special treatment celeb status gets you regarding the "get out of jail free card".

Ask yourself this.

If you are arrested for DUI and drug possession, will your company hold your job for 6 months while you are in jail? No.

If you are involved in a shooting and go to jail with a year, will your company hold your job for you? No.

Athletes and other celebs do not live in the same world the rest of us do. Part of that is the reason so many of them end up in some form of trouble, they know there is a good chance they got off with community service or a minimal sentence. Just because you can sing, catch a ball, run fast, play guitar or act, shouldn't keep you from facing real consequences when you screw up.

If nothing else they should be held to a higher standard because their fans are the ones paying for their high priced lawyers.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I'm really not trying to be argumentative, but

A)those blogs are usually written by a member of their squad transposing "I" for "her"
B)Artists lie. Milli Vanilli didn't sing their own songs, and Akon and Vanilla Ice have both fabricated pasts for the sake of appearing more interesting than they really are.

If anything, I'm challenging you to seek more reliable sources for your opinion. You're good at taking information and anaylzing it, but your sources are some of the most unreliable I've ever heard of. A blog? An interview? An entertainment magazine? You're either terribly naive or you give entertainers too much credit for sincerity.

Well you are being nothing but argumentative.

I am going by the information that is out there. I said over and over and over again that if proven otherwise I would recant.

You are very good at picking your spots to try and be right, you're failing.

I go by all the information I have to make/form an opinion about pretty much anything. Of course not everything out there is going to be accurate, you are critizing for making assumptions and drawing conclusions based on material that exists, we have no way of knowing what is accurate and what isn't.

However, you are making assumptions that her actions could be validated because her life could be a trainwreck.

So what's the larger assumption? One that's based on some form of existing information that hasn't been proven false, or making one that's just based on a "gut" feeling for the sake of trying to be right?

Seems a little hypocritical to me.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
we have no way of knowing what is accurate and what isn't.

That's why my post was more neutral, it contained very little opinions or "facts" about her personal life which I can't possibly speak of intelligently. Ahem.

However, you are making assumptions that her actions could be validated because her life could be a trainwreck.

I didn't make any assumptions, I made a suggestion. BIG difference. A fool knows he may be wrong, a bigger fool doesn't think he'll ever be.

I'm just now learning that you operate in truthiness so my responses need to be better calculated since you live in a world where worlds of information are extracted from minimal data. Data that's not even really data.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
That's why my post was more neutral, it contained very little opinions or "facts" about her personal life which I can't possibly speak of intelligently. Ahem.

I didn't make any assumptions, I made a suggestion. BIG difference. A fool knows he may be wrong, a bigger fool doesn't think he'll ever be.

I'm just now learning that you operate in truthiness so my responses need to be better calculated since you live in a world where worlds of information are extracted from minimal data. Data that's not even really data.

You're a joke. Everything you put together is drivel at an attempt to be humorous and making yourself look smart by belittling others.

This has been pointed out over and over by others as well in other threads. Now I'm just finding it laughable and entertaining.

Last edited:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Personally, I think that's a little backward, but I do think a big part of the problem is lack of self-love.
(My hesitation is just that, before you love yourself to honor anyone else, you have to love yourself for its own sake ... that's got to be primordial. Love can't really be summoned as a duty.)
That's why I think we have to have compassion for these people.
Because, without that, they'll never start to love themselves.
Not sure I'm saying this clearly.

Jumping the track a little bit, but my mother in law was smart, good looking and funny and didn't take care of herself. Her children doted on her stories, despite her drinking, liked her for her opinions, and she tried her damndest to help when things were rotten.

She cared. Her children cared. Didn't she love them enough to understand enough to take care of herself?

Enough to realize outside of herself. There are times when I do not believe it is about hitting bottom, but learning to care beyond your perspective.

I speak from my own experience.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're a joke. Everything you put together is drivel at an attempt to be humorous and making yourself look smart by belittling others.

This has been pointed out over and over by others as well in other threads. Now I'm just finding it laughable and entertaining.

*Wartac gets 10 points for deflection*

Seriously, I'm not being 100* dead-serious about it because you're not the type of person who smells his own shit. I've complimented you and continually suggested that you've brought up some great points. You won't be happy til I kiss both ass cheeks and proclaim that everything you've said is 100% plausible. It isn't, so I won't, I'll just keep having fun being tongue and cheek, and continue to watch your quest for absolute truth. Here's a hint. It doesn't exist.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't understand all the hating on creative people. They are not like everyone else, they live their lives (and are judged) differently than those who are not so creative.

This explains why I have never been able to hold a 9-5 job.

The urge to create and express, in the hands of an artist (and, yes, I believe that AW is an artist) has the power to transform our ways of perception. This is true whether the artist is a photographer, painter or musician or architect or even a writer.

Fixed that for ya.

Anyone who does not understand the power of creativity for its own sake, or who calls out creative types for being different either is incapable of creativity him/herself or is being pretty disingenuous.

This hearkens back to the link between creativity, substance abuse, and mental illness, which I find very compelling but completely unrelated to this thread.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's tragic that she has emphysema so young. However, she isn't the only one to suffer a disease like this at such an early age. At risk of sounding like a complete uberbitch, did y'all expect her to be impervious to the side effects of all these drugs just because she is a celebrity? :confused: I don't wish her or anyone else ill will but I can't say I'm surprised.

=================================================

This hearkens back to the link between creativity, substance abuse, and mental illness, which I find very compelling but completely unrelated to this thread.
It is interesting that there often appears to be a link. However, I must admit I have always resented the implication that because I am creative I must be crazy or on drugs. Hmm, maybe I will start a thread on that.