Brennan Donnelly

So Brennan moved out of his college dorm and home in the last few weeks. His mom just posted a picture of him with an almost empty freshman dorm room and at the bus stop after getting home. She also revealed he got a 3.925 GPA his first year, which is excellent, especially when considering it was his first semester away from home and he (successfully) pledged a fraternity. He is
handsome as ever:

B4F81C20-43C1-4813-8FED-94826431E33C.jpeg

6D56C57E-107C-41B6-9245-2F32EC321992.jpeg

Reactions: BrookesBit_07
His mom also posted this pic of him right after move in to compare. If you look closely, you can tell he was rocking some boxer-briefs that day!

BA0E50CA-0F92-4F9D-99DB-E9F529892E77.jpeg

Reactions: BOI CURATOR
So Brennan moved out of his college dorm and home in the last few weeks. His mom just posted a picture of him with an almost empty freshman dorm room and at the bus stop after getting home. She also revealed he got a 3.925 GPA his first year, which is excellent, especially when considering it was his first semester away from home and he (successfully) pledged a fraternity. He is
handsome as ever:

View attachment 69548771

View attachment 69548781
What I don't understand is he gets outstanding grades and is in very great physical shape but was turned down by the Naval Academy. I don't understand that, there must have been something major to happen that they aren't telling us.

The Naval Academy acceptance rate is around 8-9 percent so it is very competitive. I remember reading quite a few YouTube comments at the time wishing him well but saying realistically his chances were slim

The Naval Academy acceptance rate is around 8-9 percent so it is very competitive. I remember reading quite a few YouTube comments at the time wishing him well but saying realistically his chances were slim
Yeah. And as I understand it, there's also an element (not sure how large an element, but factors in) of "who you know" (and who can write recommendation letters and "vouch" for you) and one's father (i.e. they went there, "mover and shaker" in the community, prestigious profession, circle of influence, etc.).

Yeah. And as I understand it, there's also an element (not sure how large an element, but factors in) of "who you know" (and who can write recommendation letters and "vouch" for you) and one's father (i.e. they went there, "mover and shaker" in the community, prestigious profession, circle of influence, etc.).
Actually, not true. ALL candidates must be nominated first by their local members of Congress and are interviewed extensively. Prestige and "connections" are limited to a small few (who must still be qualified). Also, the academy recruits candidates who will contribute to their athletic teams and other activities, so bringing value to the class or cohort adds a lot a value to the process. Recommendations are only allowed from two teachers (math/science), a coach, and sometimes a member of clergy. Outside letters are not invited or allowed as part of the admissions evaluation. Most academy admits have significant contributions to their schools and communities, i.e. state championships, student goverment leadership, significant community service projects, or other individual achievements. Thus grades & test scores alone are not enough to get selected.

Just an fyi for those interested.

Reactions: BrookesBit_07
Actually, not true. ALL candidates must be nominated first by their local members of Congress and are interviewed extensively. Prestige and "connections" are limited to a small few (who must still be qualified). Also, the academy recruits candidates who will contribute to their athletic teams and other activities, so bringing value to the class or cohort adds a lot a value to the process. Recommendations are only allowed from two teachers (math/science), a coach, and sometimes a member of clergy. Outside letters are not invited or allowed as part of the admissions evaluation. Most academy admits have significant contributions to their schools and communities, i.e. state championships, student goverment leadership, significant community service projects, or other individual achievements. Thus grades & test scores alone are not enough to get selected.

Just an fyi for those interested.
can't fill up the whole class with 3 Percenters