Can You Count How Many Times...

I have read the whole thread and I am so so sorry what all you ladies have experienced. I had no idea there could be so many apparently messed up men. I sincerely hope that I have not and never will offend any woman in this way. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Thank you sweetie. Despite your "other shortcomings", you are a true gentleman and will forever be my knight in shining armor. :kissing_heart:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It’s peculiar that one of the posters jumped on @AlteredEgo ’s post about “standing too close, staring too long, or making more than one attempt at a disinterested woman” as an example of how women are overreacting. He missed the whole part where she said these are relatively minor incidents, but are considered intimidating tactics. Not one woman is going to the cops about rape, but we’re going to file a complaint to HR about some guy who is standing too close. Right. That’s friggin’ Tuesday for a woman. We don’t like it. But it happens all the time. That’s the point. Back the fuck up.

That poster read this entire thread and that’s what he picked up on. Pretty sad that’s the message he got. We’re just waiting to yell assault because you stared at us too long. If you wouldn’t do it to a guy, don’t do it to a woman.

Just because that one turd of a thread in AaSM keeps getting posts...

I don't walk around afraid or thinking I am going to be a victim at any time. I do walk around with an attitude of common sense with a dash of caution, because I don't want taken advantage of. I do walk around knowing a significant amount of women have been molested and/or sexually assaulted, who never reported it. Within the last week I was just offering advice and support to a young woman who got molested at her work place. She did choose to report it, but who knows if she will end up still having a job or being believed at all. The system as it were treats those who have been sexually assaulted like garbage. Her own family, like to many families doesn't believe her. Blame how she was dressed. Tell her it's no big deal, get over it, etc.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@DiomedesXVI .. I can't reply to the #me too thread you posted in. You can't reply here. But I have to call out the fact that you said "that's not how any of this works".

Actually, it is. I don't agree with Sagittarius on much of anything. He hits the nail on the fucking head, Over and Over again in that thread.

Read this thread, in it's entirety. Tell me we're wrong for being cautious around men as a general rule after so many of us have had these experiences.

No. I'm not an ant. But I've had many men not realize what they were doing. How they were making me feel. Then get angry At Me for it.

No. I'm not an ant. But I've had many men not realize what they were doing. How they were making me feel. Then get angry At Me for it.
@DiomedesXVI ... I think THIS is the nugget that you missed. A lot of men don't realize what they're doing is wrong (their dad did it to their mom/their friends do it to their gals), or its something that builds. It's ok to verbally abuse, which leads to physical abuse, which leads to sexual assault, etc.

PLUS Your response is right in line with TNJs experience... dude hurts gal... she calls him out... he gets mad because he "didn't mean it"... and somehow HIS actions and negative feelings are HER fault. All because she dated to establish some boundaries. In my sweetest southern drawl... Do what now????

I'm not picking a fight. I don't have a problem with men. I love men. But men who are unwilling to understand the unintended consequences of their actions make me insane. I think Sagittarius is one of the guys who's farther along in understanding the unconscious biases women face, and when he acts as an ally, he faces the same "but I didnt mean it" anger we get.

Hope you are more receptive to this message than TNJs.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
#notallmen

But enough of them to make being cautious around men a viable survival technique.

What the problems is that men don't understand the worst case scenario reality women have to be aware of with every interaction. And I mean every, there are no 100% safe men. Hell, statistically the men closest to you are the most dangerous.

Women have to balance being nice enough to not be perceived as a stuck up bitch, with being reserved enough to not be accused of leading a man on. If you slip up, and heaven forbid something bad happens, you will be blamed..

"Something happens" is not I got rejected, someone I don't find attractive approached me, he ridiculed me"

"Something bad happened" is verbal assault. Rape. Your career blacklisted Physical assault. Murder.

Womens, literal lives are in danger at the whim of male aggressors.

I ain't gonna let that happen. The first sign of a scumbag gets me on the defensive. I will not be a good damn statistic.

My phone screen looks like a spaghetti dinner combo. New phone shopping tomorrow. More typos than usual is a very much can't see the text through the cracks affair

I think Sagittarius is one of the guys who's farther along in understanding the unconscious biases women face, and when he acts as an ally, he faces the same "but I didnt mean it" anger we get.

Interestingly enough, my hubby is a Saggittarius. :)

Reactions: rtg

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Geez I had to stop the AaSM #metoo thread after AYC’s statement that it should be so simple for women to report things to the police....

But on the question of the OP, no I can’t count. And it makes me sick.