Creatine?....

What type are you using? I used the monohydrate. Loved the results just felt like i was bloated as well. Still used it for a year or 2 with BSN syntha-6 and some other supplements

Reactions: deleted1022263
D

deleted1022263

monohydrate is the best I take 5g before and after workout

moveinreverse

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've used creatine twice, I'm going for lean but I've gained muscle without it. I think there's certain products out there that are just cash traps, this being one of them but that's just my opinion, I've met some folks who won't workout without it.

I've switched to fasting and no supplements

Just putting this out there but you'll gain your weight back the moment you start eating heavy carbs again. Fasting doesn't help your metabolism.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've used creatine twice, I'm going for lean but I've gained muscle without it. I think there's certain products out there that are just cash traps, this being one of them but that's just my opinion, I've met some folks who won't workout without it.

I might agree if there weren't real science supporting it. I myself have never tried it and don't intend to because I don't want to spend the $. If I were younger I probably would

Reactions: Snarky_succubus
D

deleted994618

I love it. I've definitely seen results. I have tried many supplements but what works for me and the aesthetic I go for is simply Protein, Casein, Creatine and I like the feeling L'arginine gives me sexually

Everything else the Glutamine the C4, the NO's pre workouts I have not noticed a difference

But Creatine, I recommend to all my friends who actually work hard at the gym and are trying to gain size.

As for the bloating that everyone brings up that might actually have to do with your work out regiment and diet moreso than Creatine but we all know different foods and supplements affect each individual differently.

Reactions: deleted1022263

Dr. Edge

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Interesting you say that. I just started my workout regimen after almost 3 months break (life happened) and include some creatine before the sessions. Haven't seen much gains yet, but definitely feel like I was able to do more in the session than I expected.

So my supps are just fish oil, creatine before workout, protein powder post-workout and cirtruline to assist the blood flow.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Just putting this out there but you'll gain your weight back the moment you start eating heavy carbs again. Fasting doesn't help your metabolism.
There are a whole lot of supplements that's true about... Creatine is one of the most (if not the most) studied and proven supplements out there.
Fasting... has literally nothing to do with restricting carbohydrates. intermittent fasting dictates *when* you eat, not *what* you eat.
Maybe have at least a basic idea of what you're talking about before you "just put it out there".

moveinreverse

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are a whole lot of supplements that's true about... Creatine is one of the most (if not the most) studied and proven supplements out there.
Fasting... has literally nothing to do with restricting carbohydrates. intermittent fasting dictates *when* you eat, not *what* you eat.
Maybe have at least a basic idea of what you're talking about before you "just put it out there".

I'm sorry you were so clearly offended by my opinion, hopefully you'll recover. I think the poster can choose for himself which form between the two of us he'd prefer, weather it be lean or otherwise. Creatine may be big in your bodybuilding world but that doesn't mean it's big outside of your world - because it's pure shit if you want to stay lean. Not everyone's looking to be a bodybuilder, so please, keep your "proven" arguments to yourself and let other people express their experiences and opinions without shoving yours down their throats. Egos like yours are the reason that only a bodybuilder can stand bodybuilders.

I feel all supplements are cash traps unless it's how you make your money. Thereally are few supplements that work, I like BSN, Optimum Nutrition, controlled labs and scivation.

As stated above fasting is about when you eat not what you eat. Intermittent Fasting creates insulin if you do it correctly. If I need to lean out I adjust carbs and fats accordingly.

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sorry you were so clearly offended by my opinion, hopefully you'll recover. I think the poster can choose for himself which form between the two of us he'd prefer, weather it be lean or otherwise. Creatine may be big in your bodybuilding world but that doesn't mean it's big outside of your world - because it's pure shit if you want to stay lean. Not everyone's looking to be a bodybuilder, so please, keep your "proven" arguments to yourself and let other people express their experiences and opinions without shoving yours down their throats. Egos like yours are the reason that only a bodybuilder can stand bodybuilders.
Horseshit.
I train & compete in MMA... And have trained for & played hockey.
Creatine was a useful and valuable tool in my regimen. Definitely would not go without it.
As for being "lean",... My body fat is quite low.... And guess what ,dipshit? I still use creatine.
It's not just used for getting big.
Take your own blowhard advice & keep your idiotic, uninformed opinions to yourself.

Whoa.....I don't think anybody meant to be offensive. We're just talking creatine...

I've been training for years, if I were to start over again I would purchase scivation xtend, creatine-mono, protein. One thing I was always told was to wait until after a workout for creatine, muscle saturation I guess?

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm not offended by your opinion. I find it absurd that you're giving advice about things you obviously don't understand. As for my physique... I'm multi-faceted, buddy. I don't live in a "bodybuilders" world. You'd know that if you knew shit. Bodybuilders are *very* concerned with being lean. It's powerlifters who aren't. Bodybuilding is about aesthetics. A big factor in that is low body fat. I bodybuild... I powerlift... I kickbox... I box... I do jiu-jitsu... I dabble in wrestling and Judo. I also used to be 300 pounds. I keep my body fat where it is so I feel comfortable in my skin until I can have surgery to correct the damage that was done by an irresponsible addict of a parent who taught me that food was love. So... with all due respect, fuck you. You assume you know what I want and what I do but you have no idea. My body functions very well at this body fat percentage :) and I don't give advice based on what I want for my own body. I speak about things that I *know*. I've spent the past 6+ years of my life obsessed with learning about diet and nutrition, supplementation, and allllll kinds of exercise. So, you can get pissy because I corrected your ignorant statement about fasting... and try to redirect the attention to my fat ass all you want. Doesn't change that I stated facts and you're speaking of opinions :)

moveinreverse

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not offended by your opinion. I find it absurd that you're giving advice about things you obviously don't understand. As for my physique... I'm multi-faceted, buddy. I don't live in a "bodybuilders" world. You'd know that if you knew shit. Bodybuilders are *very* concerned with being lean. It's powerlifters who aren't. Bodybuilding is about aesthetics. A big factor in that is low body fat. I bodybuild... I powerlift... I kickbox... I box... I do jiu-jitsu... I dabble in wrestling and Judo. I also used to be 300 pounds. I keep my body fat where it is so I feel comfortable in my skin until I can have surgery to correct the damage that was done by an irresponsible addict of a parent who taught me that food was love. So... with all due respect, fuck you. You assume you know what I want and what I do but you have no idea. My body functions very well at this body fat percentage :) and I don't give advice based on what I want for my own body. I speak about things that I *know*. I've spent the past 6+ years of my life obsessed with learning about diet and nutrition, supplementation, and allllll kinds of exercise. So, you can get pissy because I corrected your ignorant statement about fasting... and try to redirect the attention to my fat ass all you want. Doesn't change that I stated facts and you're speaking of opinions :)

My point made: if it isn't the same as your opinion as a bodybuilder / kick boxer / power ranger / whatever (really, congratulations on your commitment but who gives half a shit), then it's not the right opinion at all. You haven't seen my before, youve just seen my current picture; just because someone isn't built like you doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about, it's another method. Honestly, get over yourself and let people talk about their own experiences... Lol.

P.S.: Sorry to the other posters for the inconvenience, I'm done now.

Last edited:

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
My point made: if it isn't the same as your opinion as a bodybuilder / kick boxer / power ranger / whatever (really, congratulations on your commitment but who gives half a shit), then it's not the right opinion at all. You haven't seen my before, youve just seen my current picture; just because someone isn't built like you doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about, it's another method. Honestly, get over yourself and let people talk about their own experiences... Lol.

P.S.: Sorry to the other posters for the inconvenience, I'm done now.
I haven't seen any of your photos. I don't give a shit what you look like. Again... what I said has nothing to do with opinion or your physique... or even mine. You're the one bringung that up. I didn't say a damn thing about your body. I stated facts. That's really the point. You can talk about whatever you want... and so can I. All I said was that of all of the supplements, creatine was the most researched and scientifically backed. Nothing more than that.
Really, I think your shit response of tongue-in-cheek calling me fat was more about you being buttsore that I corrected you about fasting having nothing to do with carbs. But hey... do what you do :) I never told you not to... I simply suggested that maybe you should know what you're talking about before trying to give advice.