Does a gynecologist do anal exams?

As a woman around thirty years of age, who has been in a monogamous relationship for years, with no potential red flags in my family medical history, and generally normal health, it's pretty basic/minimal. Discussing general sexual practices, any health concerns, pelvic exam, palpating the abdomen above where my reproductive organs are, and usually a pap smear.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks, that was what I thought, but I've heard somewhere about this possibility of a gyno doing an anal exam, wasn't sure if it was reliable though.

Could it be considered abuse if a gyno tried that?
My doctor is also my gynecologist. If I have a complaint that would require palpating or seeing up my rear, and I happened to actually be there for a gynecological exam by coincidence, this is the only exception of which I can think. No way should a gynecologist examine my rectum.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most of my gynecological visits have included a breast exam if I have not done one myself. I am asked how often I check, and I answer honestly; I frequently forget. So, they give me a thingy to hang in my shower (not happening) admonish me to test myself the same day of each cycle, and give me a quick check. My doc does NOT do this when I show up for a non-gyno visit. She only does this twice a year, during my gynecological exam.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It would probably depend on the doctor and what their training was and who trained them. I see a lot more rectal stuff happening in my old, old school gynecological surgery books from the 1940s.

It's not unusual while a woman is being repaired after birth to have the doctor insert a finger anally to see if she tore through the vaginal fascia into the rectum. They also might do this while stitching to gain access to areas they might not be able to see otherwise.

While it's not common that it happens on the gynecology table, it happens and it's not considered unusual to those in the gynecological field.

Last edited:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well, couldn't thank you more for such a detailed and technical reply, I had no idea about that stuff. Are you a doutor yourself?

I studied for years before I became an adult my dad's medical books, particularly those on gynecogical surgeries. When I graduated I was heading into pre-med when my life took a different turn. So not only did I study a lot on female anatomy, I had a series of gynecological issues myself, so I know what it's like as a patient with too much knowledge.

I also did volunteer work in the obstetrics ward in the hospital. I've held the leg up of a woman in active labor giving birth many times.

In other words, I know a lot about vaginas and other stuff near the lady bits.

Reactions: BetterFuture

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I studied for years before I became an adult my dad's medical books, particularly those on gynecogical surgeries. When I graduated I was heading into pre-med when my life took a different turn. So not only did I study a lot on female anatomy, I had a series of gynecological issues myself, so I know what it's like as a patient with too much knowledge.

I also did volunteer work in the obstetrics ward in the hospital. I've held the leg up of a woman in active labor giving birth many times.

In other words, I know a lot about vaginas and other stuff near the lady bits.
That's pretty interesting, I've also considering med career but changed my mind, but it's something I admire the most.

Reactions: Tattooed Goddess

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually when I googled about this matter, I read some topics where women told about rectam exame being performed by their gynos, these results were in Portuguese (pages of my country, Brazil), that's why I thought it was common, it was like 3 out of 4 girls telling that they've already had rectal touch during their gynos appointments. Maybe I got unlucky to find untrustful results or gynos behavior in Brazil are different than other countries.

Talking about the ultrassound, I understood what you said, but don't you think the pelvic exam became "unnecessary", considering the ultrassound is capable of covering even a larger area and provide a clearer result?
Doc sticks fingers in and finds that my uterus is the size, shape and location she expects. Costs nothing extra. Doc asks a technician to whip out fancy equipment and spend time administering the test, and then someone spends time interpreting the images. Costs a lot extra. Which do you think my insurance company wants?

An ultrasound is for when there is something to see. Not to see if there is something to see.

Reactions: Tattooed Goddess

You sure focus a lot on embarrassment in your very short time on this site so far o_O

Reactions: rtg

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe some do it differently here but my gynaecologist gave me an inter-vaginal ultrasound herself the other day. Perhaps it was because she has the equipment in her room? The other gynaecologist I went to was as per your statement though.
I didn't mean to imply that they couldn't, but usually, they do not.

Reactions: rtg

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is your experience. Your experience is not everyone else's. You cannot speak For All Mankind. I know men who view it as just another exam unpleasant but certainly not the worst thing. I know men who feel neutral about it. To them, it's neither pleasant nor unpleasant. Likewise most of the women I know are not at all embarrassed about an exam. It's just an exam. Clinical. It's not embarrassing, violating, or anything like that. Intimacy is not required, only expertise.
Thanks for explaning, you're correct.

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Um... No. They do not. Not in my experience.

I believe I'd have a proctologist look at that particular hole if need be.

Thanks, that was what I thought, but I've heard somewhere about this possibility of a gyno doing an anal exam, wasn't sure if it was reliable though.

Could it be considered abuse if a gyno tried that?

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm with TnJ. If there was something wrong with that part of my body, it would not be a gynecologist looking at it. Gyne/gyneco/gyno means relating to women. Colon, gastrointestinal tract, etc are not specific to women.

Following this line, it would not be correct for a gyno to do breasts exams, since we men also have breasts (and even though few people know, we're also in danger of developing breasts cancer)?

I believe gynos do breasts exams everytime, correct me if I am wrong.

But they do it quite often, right? I'm saying it's common, whether anal exams are never done.

No, it isn't quite common for all women. If a woman is under a certain age they typically aren't done with any regularity. If a woman has a family medical history that gives cause for them to be done more often, that's a separate thing.

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, it isn't quite common for all women. If a woman is under a certain age they typically aren't done with any regularity. If a woman has a family medical history that gives cause for them to be done more often, that's a separate thing.
I'm surprised to hear that, could swear it was done everytime. Just out of curiosity, if there's not breast exam everytime you go there, how does it work? Just some questions about the sexual behavior and then vaginal exam?

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a woman around thirty years of age, who has been in a monogamous relationship for years, with no potential red flags in my family medical history, and generally normal health, it's pretty basic/minimal. Discussing general sexual practices, any health concerns, pelvic exam, palpating the abdomen above where my reproductive organs are, and usually a pap smear.
Since English is not my first language, when you say "pap smear" you're refering to the check using speculum or to the one in which the gyno uses his/her fingers to press up the utherus and check any possible issues? Or maybe both of them?

I've googled it but couldn't find a definite answer.

Since English is not my first language, when you say "pap smear" you're refering to the check using speculum or to the one in which the gyno uses his/her fingers to press up the utherus and check any possible issues? Or maybe both of them?

I've googled it but couldn't find a definite answer.

Funny, because the first thing that pops up when I Google pap smear after an image from Wikipedia is: http://www.healthline.com/health/pap-smear

"A Pap smear, also called a Pap test, is a screening procedure for cervical cancer."

"During the routine procedure, cells from your cervix are gently scraped away and then examined for abnormal growth."