Finn Wolfhard *new And Improved*

May cannot come soon enough! I am so excited for the return of Stranger Things! Although, I am a little concerned about it being divided in half. Does anyone know the reason why the other half will not premiere until the summer? Did they have to film re-shoots or something? I only ask because I know that Multiverse of Madness was delayed because of re-shoots and I was wondering if maybe Stranger Things is suffering a similar ordeal.

The official excuse is they need more time to finish it up.
Personally I believe that Netflix will slowly move to this type of releasing schedule and I won't be surprised if in a few years go weakly with the big shows. Keep people talking about them weekly, talking on social media about each episode etc. Dinsey plus is doing it and seems it's working great for them.
Nobody talks about Netflix shows a week after it drops

Personally I believe that Netflix will slowly move to this type of releasing schedule and I won't be surprised if in a few years go weakly with the big shows. Keep people talking about them weekly, talking on social media about each episode etc. Dinsey plus is doing it and seems it's working great for them.
I'm afraid of that too. Especially because I keep a busy schedule so I prefer to set aside the weekends to binge watch all of the episodes at once instead of the week-to-week releases. Of course, I could always simply wait until the last episode has been released before I set aside the time to watch them all, but then I would have to spend weeks dodging the Internet and whatnot to avoid any spoilers.

I'm afraid of that too. Especially because I keep a busy schedule so I prefer to set aside the weekends to binge watch all of the episodes at once instead of the week-to-week releases. Of course, I could always simply wait until the last episode has been released before I set aside the time to watch them all, but then I would have to spend weeks dodging the Internet and whatnot to avoid any spoilers.
I'd prefer something in between the two. 2-3 episodes/week would be ideal for me.

While this might be the case in the future, I don't think it's the reason for Stranger Things doing this. There are more sensible ways to trial a staggered release than a 1 month gap, which does make me think that something like the VFX needs to be worked on for the final episodes.

Reactions: patrickpenis
I think the main reason Netflix is doing these split-seasons for many Netflix Originals is because people are juggling streaming services. People will subscribe for a month to watch a season and unsubscribe. This is a way for Netflix to "double dip"... I sure miss the days where everything good streaming was on Netflix.

I think the main reason Netflix is doing these split-seasons for many Netflix Originals is because people are juggling streaming services. People will subscribe for a month to watch a season and unsubscribe. This is a way for Netflix to "double dip"... I sure miss the days where everything good streaming was on Netflix.
That would not make sense because then those same people would only subscribe after all the episodes were released a month later. I honestly think it has to do with final touches. Now that the kids look so much older than the characters they're playing, I imagine more makeup and CGI had to used to keep the characters looking as close to what they did in 2019 since only a few months has passed for the characters, whereas a few years has passed for the actors.

Tell that to Squid Game and Ozark lol

Reactions: gelleg88
Netflix has split the final season of Ozark into two halves and staggered the release of it also, seven episodes dropped a few weeks ago and the final seven come out sometime later in the year.

What we're seeing right now is probably the result of COVID. For a lot of these shows, even if they finished filming everything with restrictions, they still had hurdles to overcome in post production, getting actors to come in for ADR, SFX, etc. I don't think Netflix is rushing to change a release schedule that works for them

Reactions: Zi19
That would not make sense because then those same people would only subscribe after all the episodes were released a month later. I honestly think it has to do with final touches. Now that the kids look so much older than the characters they're playing, I imagine more makeup and CGI had to used to keep the characters looking as close to what they did in 2019 since only a few months has passed for the characters, whereas a few years has passed for the actors.
That's silly. It makes perfect sense! Heck, the latest Spiderman movie has made over $770-Million from people buying individual tickets to see it in a theater - during a Pandemic! You think people won't pay the cost of a single movie ticket to have Netflix for a month and get 4-5 episodes of an extremely popular show loved by all generations?

Netflix has split the final season of Ozark into two halves and staggered the release of it also, seven episodes dropped a few weeks ago and the final seven come out sometime later in the year.
Tell that to Squid Game and Ozark lol
Exactly. :emoji_beers:

Reactions: Kurotama97
That's silly. It makes perfect sense! Heck, the latest Spiderman movie has made over $770-Million from people buying individual tickets to see it in a theater - during a Pandemic! You think people won't pay the cost of a single movie ticket to have Netflix for a month and get 4-5 episodes of an extremely popular show loved by all generations?

Exactly. :emoji_beers:
People didn't pay to watch half the Spider-Man movie and then pay again to see the other half. You said:"Netflix is doing these split-seasons for many Netflix Originals is because people are juggling streaming services. People will subscribe for a month to watch a season and unsubscribe. This is a way for Netflix to 'double dip'." And I said that doesn't make sense because if you're trying to save money, instead of paying to watch the service when only the first half of the episodes premiere, you would simply wait until all the episodes are available and subscribe that month to only pay once and then unsubscribe after you've watched all the episodes. The most logical explanation is that these shows need more time for finishing touches because thanks to our uninvited house guest whom has definitely overstayed her welcome, Ms. Rona, a lot of movies and TV programs have been delayed for reshoots and whatnot. As someone already mentioned, even big-time movies like the Doctor Strange sequel, which was supposed to premiere last year, was delayed to May because of last minute reshoots.

People didn't pay to watch half the Spider-Man movie and then pay again to see the other half.
But they did pay to see half of the Avengers and then paid to see the other half! Anyway, the reason is Stranger Things is a huge success even if the only good season was the first one. Netflix knows this and they want to extend this success a little longer.

The most logical explanation is that these shows need more time for finishing touches because thanks to our uninvited house guest whom has definitely overstayed her welcome, Ms. Rona, a lot of movies and TV programs have been delayed for reshoots and whatnot. As someone already mentioned, even big-time movies like the Doctor Strange sequel, which was supposed to premiere last year, was delayed to May because of last minute reshoots.
If that was the reason they would release the entire season later on this year, probably next to Halloween since every season of ST was released on HALLOWEEN or next to it. You said yourself: big movies and tv shows were delayed. Then why are they delaying only half of a season?! No honey. They want to extend this show.

Reactions: patrickpenis
But they did pay to see half of the Avengers and then paid to see the other half! Anyway, the reason is Stranger Things is a huge success even if the only good season was the first one. Netflix knows this and they want to extend this success a little longer.

If that was the reason they would release the entire season later on this year, probably next to Halloween since every season of ST was released on HALLOWEEN or next to it. You said yourself: big movies and tv shows were delayed. Then why are they delaying only half of a season?! No honey. They want to extend this show.
The Avengers Part 1 is a complete movie, just like Stranger Things Season 1 is a complete season. Stop playing with me. And Stranger Things 4 has already been delayed multiple times even before the pandemic because the actors were having scheduling conflicts after being booked for other projects and the fans were complaining. Netflix is probably trying to appease the content-hungry masses by feeding them an appetizer to shut them up in the meantime before feeding them the main course that is still not finished cooking. Now, I've said what I had to say and I'm done arguing. Agree. Disagree. I don't give a donkey dick.

Who's arguing? Maybe you're arguing with the voices in your head but I was just having a simple and nice conversation. At that what I thought!
avatars-jSFkly31ymmfVvtJ-QK5tGg-t240x240.jpg

People didn't pay to watch half the Spider-Man movie and then pay again to see the other half. You said:"Netflix is doing these split-seasons for many Netflix Originals is because people are juggling streaming services. People will subscribe for a month to watch a season and unsubscribe. This is a way for Netflix to 'double dip'." And I said that doesn't make sense because if you're trying to save money, instead of paying to watch the service when only the first half of the episodes premiere, you would simply wait until all the episodes are available and subscribe that month to only pay once and then unsubscribe after you've watched all the episodes. The most logical explanation is that these shows need more time for finishing touches because thanks to our uninvited house guest whom has definitely overstayed her welcome, Ms. Rona, a lot of movies and TV programs have been delayed for reshoots and whatnot. As someone already mentioned, even big-time movies like the Doctor Strange sequel, which was supposed to premiere last year, was delayed to May because of last minute reshoots.
Again, for the price of a single movie ticket, a person can subscribe to Netlfix for a month. And watch 4-5 episodes of a show they enjoy and have been waiting for. A show their friends and family are also finally watching after waiting with anticipation. Don't be Silly and equate half a film with several 42+minute complete episodes of a series. Maybe, Possibly some more time is required for CGI.. But don't deny the logic that a split season means Netflix subscribers stick around or re-subscribe to see it all to the end.