George Mackay- Actor

if he has ever appeared in an American production then he is a SAG member. No SAG member is allowed to promote a film unless they are give a waiver. Even if he wasn't a SAG member it would be very bad for optics for him to go to the premiere/film promotion while a strike is happening
SAG members cannot promote struck work. Work made under an Equity contract is not struck work under the SAG strike.

okay. It's still bad optics him going to a red carpet when a strike is happening.

If it's not SAG then it's not bad optics. The rest of the world's film and TV industries don't revolve around Hollywood no matter how loudly certain Americans claim they do.

If it's not SAG then it's not bad optics. The rest of the world's film and TV industries don't revolve around Hollywood no matter how loudly certain Americans claim they do.

I don't know what SAG says about this, but I would think it might actually help their negotiating to allow this. If non-struck studios are allowed to thrive while struck studios hurt, it might motivate the struck studios to get back to the negotiating table.

For what it's worth... SAG has approved a few select A24 films to move forward, because unlike other studios A24 has agreed to adhere to a lot of the terms SAG is asking for. I don't know if this is an A24 film or not but if it is... then it's possible the strike won't affect it's release or promotion.