George Mackay- Actor

Just found out about this guy a week or so ago from stumbling across the femme 2023 trailer. It looks so good but I'm so impatient. Is there no new news on when the film will be out? I don't understand how film festival films work lol. Is there usually a long period until they're released in movie theatres or do they just go straight to digital?

Just found out about this guy a week or so ago from stumbling across the femme 2023 trailer. It looks so good but I'm so impatient. Is there no new news on when the film will be out? I don't understand how film festival films work lol. Is there usually a long period until they're released in movie theatres or do they just go straight to digital?
It depends with the festival. Like for example, if you want your movie to play in Cannes it must've have a French theatrical release for a couple of months before it is allowed to go digital. This will however just be specific to France, the movie can do whatever it wants elsewhere

I don't think Berlin(where Femme premiered) has those rules though. So the release of Femme is solely in the distributor's hands, like when it premieres or when it will be released digitally

It depends with the festival. Like for example, if you want your movie to play in Cannes it must've have a French theatrical release for a couple of months before it is allowed to go digital. This will however just be specific to France, the movie can do whatever it wants elsewhere

I don't think Berlin(where Femme premiered) has those rules though. So the release of Femme is solely in the distributor's hands, like when it premieres or when it will be released digitally
Damn ok, i'm in the UK so i'm hoping it'll be released soon. Looks super interesting.