Is it OK to want a bi sister?

TriplePoint PolyBi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So my heart loves being bi and I enjoy the company of bi men and women. I just joined a local bi organization and signed up to help the group during Pride month and welcome bi newcomers at their booth one weekend.

I've been reading the comments of straight and mostly straight women here and, I get it, bi guys aren't always the most faithful and (here at LPSG at least) seem to be willing hook up outside their straight relationships to hook up with other guys. I can see how that can be perceived as cheating or going outside the exclusive relationship (if there is one), and how that is not met with support by the women (here at least), which, in turn, encourages the men to get their MM action on the side without telling their women-mates, thus perpetuating the anti bi-male cycle.

So, yeah, if I was ever lucky enough to convince my wife to go for some MMF fun (she won't) and if the other bi guy went outside our group without telling us, I'd feel cheated, too.

So not only am I going against my generation (boomer's) anti-bi male stigma, the looseness of current male bi members places another barrier that it seems I have to overcome as a bi male.

So my rather oddball question is this: I've never had a sister. I just had brothers who beat me up when I was a kid. In the past when I've admitted I was bi to a woman who was bi-curious, there seemed to be an instant bond between us. Obviously I don't want to mislead them and love them in a way that implies that I'd want to ever hook up with them, but can I be there to tell them I love them as a sister? Love them, support them, go to bat for them, stand behind them, back them up through thick and thin, just never go to bed with them like one wouldn't do with a real sister? And have her tease me as a bi guy to go out and enjoy my own bi-ness and who loves me as a male bi?

Or is it too much to ask that I'd want a bi sister?

(Bi brothers are similar, but I'd love them more if they LOVE their women, more so if they love bi women , and who knows, maybe one day the bi women will actually want to love us back . . . .)

Thanks!

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Pan woman here, married to a bi guy.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a platonic loving relationship with another human that supports your bi nature. However, they don't have to be bi to do so, they just need to be supportive. Ya know?

TriplePoint PolyBi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Pan woman here, married to a bi guy.
Wow, that sounds awesome. I'm so happy for you.
There's nothing wrong with wanting a platonic loving relationship with another human that supports your bi nature. However, they don't have to be bi to do so, they just need to be supportive. Ya know?
Thanks, Mittimer! You're right, they don't have to be bi, my thought was there'd be more in common to share if they were.

Hey, question for you as a pan person. My heart loves being bi, my eye is attracted to butts of both genders. Boobs, not so much. My first love was a classmate in college who had gargantuan boobs that all the guys were enamored of but a tiny ass that I adored more. Long story short, my eye loves the sight of tight trim guy ass from behind as much as women's flared rumps, so when I saw the trans guys here at LPSG with the small asses and labia/clitoris in a trim manly body it dawned on me that they were the two-genders-in-one-package that my heart craves to love.

Platonically, of course.

Is that 'pan' or 'bi?'

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Is that 'pan' or 'bi?'
First
Trans women are women
Trans men are men

Also
Bi - you are attracted to two sex/genders

Pan - you are attracted to people regardless of their sex/gender.

It's up to you to determine your own sexuality, not anyone else.