Kit Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I didn't intend to create a whole debate about Tom vs. Kit and their acting capabilities. I sure do like Tom a lot as well. I just meant to say that I think Kit is the type of actor to really shine in dramatic, emotional, nuanced movies that don't require lots of action, cgi, etc.

I just can't really imagine Kit as some badass in an superhero- or actionmovie I think.. But i would love to be proven wrong! Can't wait what kind of movies are in the works.
LOL > and there was likely no shortage of people who would have laughed at the idea of Tom Holland playing "Spiderman" during his teen years on stage as "Billy Elliot", or Nicolas Hoult as the shy geeky teen in "About A Boy" being cast in future as "Beast", or Will Poulter as the dumb, but sweet nerd "Kenny" in "We're The Millers" being cast one day as "Adam Warlock" in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy 3 > the most powerful character in the entire MCU!:)

Reactions: Torog
I think he's been waiting for his career to take off and Netflix definitely gave HS and to Kit the chance to do it.... Kit, Joe, Yaz and Will have been the ones that have sounded the most (I don't include Sebastian because he already had an established career before HS even more than Kit) but yes, I think both Kit and his team are looking for security and I think either Marvel or maybe DC (although watch out they cancel your movie!) could be great options because of everything said above, financial security, work for several years etc. HS won't go on forever, the longest they (Netflix) can extend it to is a fourth season and it will be over.

I think he's been waiting for his career to take off and Netflix definitely gave HS and to Kit the chance to do it.... Kit, Joe, Yaz and Will have been the ones that have sounded the most (I don't include Sebastian because he already had an established career before HS even more than Kit) but yes, I think both Kit and his team are looking for security and I think either Marvel or maybe DC (although watch out they cancel your movie!) could be great options because of everything said above, financial security, work for several years etc. HS won't go on forever, the longest they (Netflix) can extend it to is a fourth season and it will be over.
And talented actors like Nick will be happy from an "adult" role career broadening perspective to move on from Heartstopper after it's likely 3-4 year run > obviously grateful for such a fantastic opportunity, but also no doubt anxious artistically to play a broader range of complex characters as he continues to mature and grow as an actor!

It will be a fascination for me to watch his future roles, whatever they may be. I for one plan on keeping an eye on him. I simply love his acting. It feels strange for me to even type that. I've never been fond of celebrities. And it's unusual for me to follow television shows too. To be so invested in someone like this is so foreign to me. I'll be so happy to see him in HS and in new roles afterward. What a great kid!

When Hunger Magazine released its magazine with Kit Connor on the cover, it included signed Polaroids of Kit in select copies. Here are some of those photos.
Whoever gotten the polaroid with his pits out is so lucky

It will be a fascination for me to watch his future roles, whatever they may be. I for one plan on keeping an eye on him. I simply love his acting. It feels strange for me to even type that. I've never been fond of celebrities. And it's unusual for me to follow television shows too. To be so invested in someone like this is so foreign to me. I'll be so happy to see him in HS and in new roles afterward. What a great kid!
I feel the same as you I have a fascination with him as an actor, as a performer he is incredible and I am sure his career will be brilliant not only in the next seasons of HS but outside of that world, I hope Hollywood is kind to him, sometimes I see him too kind for that underworld and although many things have changed others are still the same.

Reactions: Smaccoms
Have to be honest, i am a bit conflicted. While i would love to see Kit in a MCU film, for the obvipous reasons of thinking he deserves all the success and opportuny. I think Kit is honestly just too talented to play a 'superhero'. His ability to portay emotions and conflict and all the little nuances and facial expressions he is capable of are just too advanced for supernatural stuff and extreme cgi... He is really way above a Tom Holland for example in terms of pure acting talent.
For most serious "actors", an MCU franchise role is just a means to a much bigger career end > because the associated financial security, global audience fanbase and box-office clout gives the actor a much greater range of roles down the road, in addition to having the power to actually get movies made, especially smaller indie flicks where they can really showcase their acting talent!

I feel the same as you I have a fascination with him as an actor, as a performer he is incredible and I am sure his career will be brilliant not only in the next seasons of HS but outside of that world, I hope Hollywood is kind to him, sometimes I see him too kind for that underworld and although many things have changed others are still the same.
It would be tragic to see this guy's future go awry. He's so young still. There are many valuable experiences he hasn't had the time to have yet. I suppose a lot of it will depend on whom he gets to work with next on future projects. And the different environments those experiences will put him in.

It would be tragic to see this guy's future go awry. He's so young still. There are many valuable experiences he hasn't had the time to have yet. I suppose a lot of it will depend on whom he gets to work with next on future projects. And the different environments those experiences will put him in.
Kit has already been in this business for 10 years now, working with some major stars in big-budget projects > this bodes very well for him making the successful transition in future to more adult roles, especially having now signed with WME > the biggest global talent agency which definitely knows how to successfully develop and manage the careers of both younger up-and-coming stars like Kit and well-established major ones too!

Kit has already been in this business for 10 years now, working with some major stars in big-budget projects > this bodes very well for him making the successful transition in future to more adult roles, especially having now signed with WME > the biggest global talent agency which definitely knows how to successfully develop and manage the careers of both younger up-and-coming stars like Kit and well-established major ones too!
If he uses the "darkness" in him (which we all have) to understand Hollywood but never let it eat him whole, he'll do fine

If he uses the "darkness" in him (which we all have) to understand Hollywood but never let it eat him whole, he'll do fine
He will also have a talented team at WME to help guide and develop his career, in addition to what appears to be a very strong and supportive family and group of friends, both within and outside showbiz!:)

Hollywood does eat some of it's brightest stars, but many others actually end of doing just fine!:)
{More recent successful young Brit actor examples would include Tom Holland, Nicholas Hoult, Will Poulter)

He will also have a talented team at WME to help guide and develop his career, in addition to what appears to be a very strong and supportive family and group of friends, both within and outside showbiz!:)

Hollywood does eat some of it's brightest stars, but many others actually end of doing just fine!:)
{More recent successful young Brit actor examples would include Tom Holland, Nicholas Hoult, Will Poulter)
a few days ago I was watching a documentary about the golden age of Hollywood. I must say that nothing has changed, many things are still the same and many stars started young and ended badly like Garland or Monroe, of course, they were other times and both examples are not better in terms of family support, I hope that Kit achieves everything he has in mind and more in the healthiest way possible...

I don't think Kit will take too many risqué photos, he knows what audience he is playing to.

Status
Not open for further replies.