Kit Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Kit will wait until age 21 before considering a full-time move to LA > there's lots of opportunities over in the UK and Europe as his impressive resume demonstrates, and his family and friends are also mostly based over there as well
He can still audition for "Hollywood" roles closer to home, either virtually or at the UK offices of the major studios > he doesn't necessarily need to live in LA to land big new parts in movies and series
His next two years will also be quite busy overseas filming Heartstopper for 3-4 months each season > he could also always spend several months in LA in between filming, rather than make a full-time permanent move
Kit himself said that this summer he will go to Los Angeles or rather to America to see what new opportunities arise, it is evident that Kit and Yaz are the ones who have stood out the most in Heartstopper, in terms of opportunities Kit for his enormous talent, charisma and look and Yaz for the inclusion that she represents and for her charisma as well.

I could say that Joe and Will have also attracted attention but in less proportion, I hope Joe is up to the task in seasons 2 and 3 which are in which he will shine more because reading the comics well Nick although he is a central character is left a little aside, especially in book 4 *which I think would be the third season*.

Stop with these essays, my gawd.
Unfortunately Junior, simple-minded one sentence soundbites don't answer complicated questions intelligently > unless that's sadly all certain posters are equipped intellectually to do:(

"Whaaaaaaa????? My brains hurts readin' too much sentences!!"

Stop with these essays, my gawd.
That's what this thread is about, talking about Kit and what we think about him, his possible future plans, and so on... so according to you, we can't do it because????

Kit himself said that this summer he will go to Los Angeles or rather to America to see what new opportunities arise, it is evident that Kit and Yaz are the ones who have stood out the most in Heartstopper, in terms of opportunities Kit for his enormous talent, charisma and look and Yaz for the inclusion that she represents and for her charisma as well.

I could say that Joe and Will have also attracted attention but in less proportion, I hope Joe is up to the task in seasons 2 and 3 which are in which he will shine more because reading the comics well Nick although he is a central character is left a little aside, especially in book 4 *which I think would be the third season*.
I knew it. Kit is very ambitious and I am sure his team is carefully planning his career. I am sure they will push for a straight film where he can be the next young hearthrob. His costar Joe seems new to the industry. I believe this is his first acting credit. Kit is way ahead in the game and has a great team, behind him. I have a feeling bc of Kits popularity show runners will make sure to give Kit a central role in S2.

Reactions: Marc Gay Harden
I think Kit is right where he needs to be in terms of his career.
He's been steadily building his resume in bit roles that allowed him to work with some industry veterans.
HS was the "next step" he needed. It's a lead role that launched him into the spotlight and got him noticed.

Now he's the co-lead in a successful series, playing a beloved character and acting alongside an Oscar winner.

But beyond that, he's garnered a fanbase for life, in my opinion. Devoted fans of HS will now follow him and support him in whatever other projects he does in the future. Unlike other shows, HS carries a deeper social significance, so even years after it's done, I think it'll be remembered for being one of the first TV shows to really showcase queer joy without centering it around trauma. This show will continue to inspire LGBTQ+ media and.generations for years to come. It has that timeless quality.

There's no guarantee Kit will make it in Hollywood or crack the A-list someday (it's a brutal industry), but he's already experienced success some actors can only dream of. If HS ends up being his magnum opus as an actor, that's still a pretty amazing accomplishment.

Let’s not make this about acting ability when you have mediocre straight actors like Channing Tatum, Mark Wahlberg, Vin Diezel, Zac Efron, etc who still get cast in leading roles. Let’s not legitimize what HW does to openly gay actors regardless of talent.
Right, Hollywood is not some meritocracy where only the talented actors excel or get cast. That's a fantasy. Plenty of bias exists in every possible avenue and the almighty dollar is biggest decider in most decisions

I'm wondering if they will film seasons 2 & 3 back to back, as Kit, in particular, will soon look older that Nick Nelson.

I'm wondering if they will film seasons 2 & 3 back to back, as Kit, in particular, will soon look older that Nick Nelson.
I was wondering that myself, and the best information I could easily find was Kit saying late-May that he hopes to shoot S2 "within the next couple of months".
There was a 12-month wait from the start of shooting S1 and its release so we may not get S2 until next Summer (maybe Spring if they have a shorter wait time between wrapping and release).
Filming back-to-back will at least mean a shorter wait for S3.

Aargh I want more episodes now! I don't want to read the comics because I love the cast too much for the comic to compare. I at least want major plot points to be a surprise for me so I guess I'm bunkering down and waiting for a S2 trailer many months from now.

Reactions: ZeoChakram
I was wondering that myself, and the best information I could easily find was Kit saying late-May that he hopes to shoot S2 "within the next couple of months".
There was a 12-month wait from the start of shooting S1 and its release so we may not get S2 until next Summer (maybe Spring if they have a shorter wait time between wrapping and release).
Filming back-to-back will at least mean a shorter wait for S3.

Aargh I want more episodes now! I don't want to read the comics because I love the cast too much for the comic to compare. I at least want major plot points to be a surprise for me so I guess I'm bunkering down and waiting for a S2 trailer many months from now.
I understand that the reason for the delay in filming the show (in the first season) was COVID and then also the fact that some roles were not cast, for example the actress who plays Tori was the last to be cast.

I don't think they will film back to back it's unusual for British series they always take a break and then film and besides Alice Osman has also been slowly working on the script of the second season just imagine also working on the third (she's going to go crazy!).

Also, Nick Nelson up to book 4 is 17 years old, Kit is 18 although he does look a little older now but unfortunately it is inevitable to grow up.

I think Kit is right where he needs to be in terms of his career.
He's been steadily building his resume in bit roles that allowed him to work with some industry veterans.
HS was the "next step" he needed. It's a lead role that launched him into the spotlight and got him noticed.

Now he's the co-lead in a successful series, playing a beloved character and acting alongside an Oscar winner.

But beyond that, he's garnered a fanbase for life, in my opinion. Devoted fans of HS will now follow him and support him in whatever other projects he does in the future. Unlike other shows, HS carries a deeper social significance, so even years after it's done, I think it'll be remembered for being one of the first TV shows to really showcase queer joy without centering it around trauma. This show will continue to inspire LGBTQ+ media and.generations for years to come. It has that timeless quality.

There's no guarantee Kit will make it in Hollywood or crack the A-list someday (it's a brutal industry), but he's already experienced success some actors can only dream of. If HS ends up being his magnum opus as an actor, that's still a pretty amazing accomplishment.
I think he's going to do wonderful things in Hollywood, if someone can just look at you and make you feel what they're feeling, that's called range as an actor and Kit has that and more, he'll grow into it.

Reactions: ZeoChakram
I don't know about Hollywood for Kit..He may get bit parts Here and there. Hollywood is NOT the British film industry. British actors are hit or miss. Some British people do great like Benedict and Tom Hiddleston.. But then there's also a lot of Game of thrones stars who tanked. Even Olivia Coleman has remained in mainly England. Even Nikolaj CW bought a house in La After Game of Thrones and tried to get work and it was really hard. And he's done Hollywood movies before.

And while Heart Stopper was big in many countries it was not big in the United States. It never even cracked the top 10 on Netflix here. Many people still don't even know who Kit Connor is.

I'm not saying it can't be done I'm just being realistic and understanding it's going to be really hard for him.

Reactions: yukeee and RyanMars
I don't know about Hollywood for Kit..He may get bit parts Here and there. Hollywood is NOT the British film industry. British actors are hit or miss. Some British people do great like Benedict and Tom Hiddleston.. But then there's also a lot of Game of thrones stars who tanked. Even Olivia Coleman has remained in mainly England. Even Nikolaj CW bought a house in La After Game of Thrones and tried to get work and it was really hard. And he's done Hollywood movies before.

And while Heart Stopper was big in many countries it was not big in the United States. It never even cracked the top 10 on Netflix here. Many people still don't even know who Kit Connor is.

I'm not saying it can't be done I'm just being realistic and understanding it's going to be really hard for him.
Actually HD did - Heartstopper spent 5 days in US Netflix top10. Is not much, but definitely made it.

When it comes to his career being tied to UK productions: is not a big deal - since 2009 at least 1 of the 5 most nominated productions in Oscars and Emmys were British.

Reactions: petercamp88
Status
Not open for further replies.