Kit Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kit will transition easily into HW following this series. Kudos to him for how he has carried himself strategically fame wise and it speaks volumes as well by the large fan base he has. He can definitely be next Tom Holland. He is thinking long term and I see it. He is carrying himself like a star already.
More importantly, he's carrying himself like a decent human being who's a major sincere ally and supporter of the LBGTQ community!

Ppl need to realize the cast are just co-workers. Just like any job, there is no need to be friends with your co-workers or spend time with them in your personal life. It’s actually best to separate work relationships and keep it professional. Also ppl have different personalities.
I read a quote from a famous actor a few weeks ago that stated something to the effect of "making a movie is like getting married with a build-in/guaranteed divorce at the end." The actor was basically stating that many times, people become like families on-set during the filming of a movie (or show), but then basically go their separate ways after. That is often true, but I also think that many times long lasting friendships can come from these shows/movies. This is one reason why you will see some directors have favorite actors to work with, I would imagine. Many times people that work in the industry say that it's really hard to make friends outside of the industry as you never know if those outside of the industry really like you or just want to be close to you because of who you are. Kit even made a comment similar to this in an article I read awhile back. T

For Heartstopper (which isn't true for many tv shows) , from the interviews I've read, as most of the cast was brand new or relatively new to the industry, they just made the most of every day on set. They were ecstatic to be in a Netflix tv show, being in a show that has such a positive vibe, in a show that really will (and HAS) helped many people (which doesn't happen often), I can see how many would gravitate towards each other in order to keep that positivity in their life even after they were done shooting season 1. And now more then ever, with becoming famous almost overnight, the group has said they rely on each other for support when needed, and that's definitely as many are still rather young, being 18-20-ish.

Regardless, going off topic for a sec, I honestly couldn't be happier with the show and the cast. The show is such a positive beacon of light in these dark times... the cast is such a delight even outside of the show- when they're having fun at pride or when Joe and Kit are teasing each other in a lighthearted manner online. They all just put a smile on my face, and for that, I am grateful for all of them, and wish them nothing but continued success.

PS: Here's hoping the show and Kit win a few awards over the coming months; they both deserve it! I think next season, as Joe will have the meatier material at that time, from what I read, I hope that he continues to shine in season 2 and, for what I'm sure will be amazing work, will be awarded for his crafstmanship at that time.

Kit will transition easily into HW following this series. Kudos to him for how he has carried himself strategically fame wise and it speaks volumes as well by the large fan base he has. He can definitely be next Tom Holland. He is thinking long term and I see it. He is carrying himself like a star already.
Yeah, that could be part of the reason he's not labeling himself right? Openly queer actors still have a long way to go in Hollywood sadly. :(

I read a quote from a famous actor a few weeks ago that stated something to the effect of "making a movie is like getting married with a build-in/guaranteed divorce at the end." The actor was basically stating that many times, people become like families on-set during the filming of a movie (or show), but then basically go their separate ways after. That is often true, but I also think that many times long lasting friendships can come from these shows/movies. This is one reason why you will see some directors have favorite actors to work with, I would imagine. Many times people that work in the industry say that it's really hard to make friends outside of the industry as you never know if those outside of the industry really like you or just want to be close to you because of who you are. Kit even made a comment similar to this in an article I read awhile back. T

For Heartstopper (which isn't true for many tv shows) , from the interviews I've read, as most of the cast was brand new or relatively new to the industry, they just made the most of every day on set. They were ecstatic to be in a Netflix tv show, being in a show that has such a positive vibe, in a show that really will (and HAS) helped many people (which doesn't happen often), I can see how many would gravitate towards each other in order to keep that positivity in their life even after they were done shooting season 1. And now more then ever, with becoming famous almost overnight, the group has said they rely on each other for support when needed, and that's definitely as many are still rather young, being 18-20-ish.

Regardless, going off topic for a sec, I honestly couldn't be happier with the show and the cast. The show is such a positive beacon of light in these dark times... the cast is such a delight even outside of the show- when they're having fun at pride or when Joe and Kit are teasing each other in a lighthearted manner online. They all just put a smile on my face, and for that, I am grateful for all of them, and wish them nothing but continued success.

PS: Here's hoping the show and Kit win a few awards over the coming months; they both deserve it! I think next season, as Joe will have the meatier material at that time, from what I read, I hope that he continues to shine in season 2 and, for what I'm sure will be amazing work, will be awarded for his crafstmanship at that time.
Great comments! I really hope they remain such wonderful friends as their careers ultimately will take them all in different directions down the road, both during the run of this series and afterwards!
From an historical perspective, when you toss so many young, first-time actors together in a series, they're all typically just so grateful, excited and happy to be together in a series > so much supportive friendship and camaraderie often brings everyone together

Hopefully, this cast can avoid what sometimes has happened in other smash-hit series where certain cast members predictably become more "famous" and professional egos and career building priorities start to creep in both on-screen and off > with sudden global fame not always bringing the cast together as it did when everyone was just thrilled to have an acting job on a highly anticipated series

Fingers crossed this cast remains so close in the next few exciting seasons ahead!

Yeah, that could be part of the reason he's not labeling himself right? Openly queer actors still have a long way to go in Hollywood sadly. :(
Yes. Colton Haynes recently talked about this in his new memoir about what happened to him after he came out. Openly queer actors have a hard time getting good leading roles.

Yes. Colton Haynes recently talked about this in his new memoir about what happened to him after he came out. Openly queer actors have a hard time getting good leading roles.
they have an even harder time if they're bad actors like colton

Great comments! I really hope they remain such wonderful friends as their careers ultimately will take them all in different directions down the road, both during the run of this series and afterwards!
From an historical perspective, when you toss so many young, first-time actors together in a series, they're all typically just so grateful, excited and happy to be together in a series > so much supportive friendship and camaraderie often brings everyone together

Hopefully, this cast can avoid what sometimes has happened in other smash-hit series where certain cast members predictably become more "famous" and professional egos and career building priorities start to creep in both on-screen and off > with sudden global fame not always bringing the cast together as it did when everyone was just thrilled to have an acting job on a highly anticipated series

Fingers crossed this cast remains so close in the next few exciting seasons ahead!
Time will tell but as we all know some will inevitably become more famous than others. I think Kit will have more opportunities going by his looks and Star appeal. The boy has it factor and sex appeal. He is already on his way to becoming a teen heathrob. He just needs to land more straight roles and it’s a done deal. Look at what happened to Timothee Chalamet. CMBYN was just the start.

Time will tell but as we all know some will inevitably become more famous than others. I think Kit will have more opportunities going by his looks and Star appeal. The boy has it factor and sex appeal. He is already on his way to becoming a teen heathrob. He just needs to land more straight roles and it’s a done deal. Look at what happened to Timothee Chalamet. CMBYN was just the start.
Timothee is the latest example of playing "gay" at a young age and NOT having it supposedly derail or limit your future career opportunities!
Nicolas Hoult was another example when he played "gay" back in 2009 at age 20 alongside Colin Firth in "A Single Man"

Kit Connor has already co-starred in flicks with big names before landing Heartstopper > "Rocket Man" was just one of the impressive movies and tv shows on his already impressive resume! He's most likely to be the major break-out star moving forward > BUT > it still comes down to making solid career choices, but just landing roles in other flicks and shows!:) One thing is for certain from a career development and growth perspective > his next role will be playing a less sweet, good-natured, heart-of-gold character!:)

It's tough enough for great straight actors to land good leading roles and keep building busy career resumes!:) Always has been and always will be for the vast majority of working actors! The less viewers know about an actor's sexuality, politics, dating & romantic "private life" > the better able they typically are at getting auditions and landing a wide diversity of character roles! And yes, this certainly applies even more so to actors who publicly declare their sexuality as gay for several box-office and bottom-line business reasons which have nothing to do with whether studios, producers, directors, etc may all strongly support their brave career decision to come out from a personal lifestyle choice perspective

Reactions: deleted1246408
they have an even harder time if they're bad actors like colton
LOL > yup > this reality often gets lost in the discussion!:) Acting is a highly competitive business with no shortage oh highly talented actors > and sometimes the career challenges of certain openly gay actors comes down more to bottom-line talent than just anti-gay casting discrimination

Timothee is the latest example of playing "gay" at a young age and NOT having it supposedly derail or limit your future career opportunities!
Nicolas Hoult was another example when he played "gay" back in 2009 at age 20 alongside Colin Firth in "A Single Man"

Kit Connor has already co-starred in flicks with big names before landing Heartstopper > "Rocket Man" was just one of the impressive movies and tv shows on his already impressive resume! He's most likely to be the major break-out star moving forward > BUT > it still comes down to making solid career choices, but just landing roles in other flicks and shows!:) One thing is for certain from a career development and growth perspective > his next role will be playing a less sweet, good-natured, heart-of-gold character!:)
I am curious to see if he will move to LA to pursue HW.

Reactions: petercamp88
I am curious to see if he will move to LA to pursue HW.
Personally, I think Kit will wait until age 21 before considering a full-time move to LA > there's lots of opportunities over in the UK and Europe as his impressive resume demonstrates, and his family and friends are also mostly based over there as well
He can still audition for "Hollywood" roles closer to home, either virtually or at the UK offices of the major studios > he doesn't necessarily need to live in LA to land big new parts in movies and series
His next two years will also be quite busy overseas filming Heartstopper for 3-4 months each season > he could also always spend several months in LA in between filming, rather than make a full-time permanent move

Reactions: RyanMars
LOL > yup > this reality often gets lost in the discussion!:) Acting is a highly competitive business with no shortage oh highly talented actors > and sometimes the career challenges of certain openly gay actors comes down more to bottom-line talent than just anti-gay casting discrimination
yup.
while there is a huge issue with lgbt actors not landing roles as easily as straight actors, it's also needed to take into consideration some of those lgbt actors might just not be good actors.
actors like jim parsons, neil patrick harris, sir ian mckellen, matt boomer. all well known gay actors who have good careers. matt did have issues with his career because of his coming out, iirc he was advised to stay in the closet and his show got cancelled once the public found out he was in a relationship with a men(at least those are the rumors). but they're well known gay actors who still get roles. colton is a cw level actor, he's not gonna land roles that easily. nothing to do with his sexuality, just his acting abilities, or lack of them

yup.
while there is a huge issue with lgbt actors not landing roles as easily as straight actors, it's also needed to take into consideration some of those lgbt actors might just not be good actors.
actors like jim parsons, neil patrick harris, sir ian mckellen, matt boomer. all well known gay actors who have good careers. matt did have issues with his career because of his coming out, iirc he was advised to stay in the closet and his show got cancelled once the public found out he was in a relationship with a men(at least those are the rumors). but they're well known gay actors who still get roles. colton is a cw level actor, he's not gonna land roles that easily. nothing to do with his sexuality, just his acting abilities, or lack of them
Let’s not make this about acting ability when you have mediocre straight actors like Channing Tatum, Mark Wahlberg, Vin Diezel, Zac Efron, etc who still get cast in leading roles. Let’s not legitimize what HW does to openly gay actors regardless of talent.

Let’s not make this about acting ability when you have mediocre straight actors like Channing Tatum, Mark Wahlberg, Vin Diezel, Zac Efron, etc who still get cast in leading roles. Let’s not legitimize what HW does to openly gay actors regardless of talent.
Leave Channing and Zac out of it lol :)

Let's also be real about the FACT that box-office popularity largely dictates which straight actors get cast in leading roles > Hollywood has rarely been about the most talented actors getting the best roles! There are certainly tons of more talented actors than the mediocre ones you quoted, but Hollywood has always been a bottom-line, profit-driven business > not about the most talented actors being given leading roles on their role-playing expertise alone!
And guess who dictates those bottom-line box-office numbers? Yup > the ticket-buying PUBLIC who too often reward such mediocre talent and sub-par flicks with their hard-earned $$$$

When their box-office popularity wanes and their movies cease to make solid profits, they'll be replaced by a new crop of younger, newer box-office audience favorites, once again too often regardless of talent!:( This fact is easily confirmed if you study the history of Hollywood over the past 100+ years now!:(

Reactions: oioi97
Status
Not open for further replies.