LPSG Voices

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
What's your message board voice? And what voice do you hear when you are reading a post from a particular member?

Message boards/chat rooms can lack some of the visceral nature of conversation. While messaging/posting has improved greatly - inflection, emphasis, a lot of it has been accounted for (see all the cute icons atop the "reply to message" box when you do :biggrin1: ), but there's still something... missing. Timing comes to mind first, as posting messages and chatting IM style have their own parameters. And what the voices say in my head while reading posts is directly affected by 20th century publishing style, twisted with my own attempts at making my desiccated wit appear more wittier in my posts :rolleyes:

Apologies if this is a redundant thread... didn't see any directly related titles when searching.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
When I write a post I think of myself as having a Frank Zappa speaking voice, very deep and smooth, and sometimes I imagine my board voice singing :p

And every member I read has a Morgan Freeman voice, and all the ladies have a Jack Black sort of voice :p

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
When I write a post I think of myself as having a Frank Zappa speaking voice, very deep and smooth, and sometimes I imagine my board voice singing :p

And every member I read has a Morgan Freeman voice, and all the ladies have a Jack Black sort of voice :p

Interesting choices, mephistopheles.

I think that I have a different voice for everyone. Just things based on what I have read and general feelings I get from them.

For example:

Rob_E would have a softer speaking voice, lots of concern for others with a richer tone to it.
Zora has a husky voice that tends to get higher in tone when she is telling stronzo off.
Stronzo has a calm voice, that isn't quite one particular accent based on his multiple linguistic abilities. He squeals when he yells.
Novice_btm sounds like a woman.:tongue: :biggrin1: ( The well known woman who played chandler's mom on Friends, Kathleen Turner I think?)
Pecker strikes me as a grandfather who chuckles as he writes.
Naughty has a voice that is muscial and a bit higher than the other women here. IT would be quiet at times, but when she talks about what she loves or is being playful, it is completely different.

And so on and so on...

When I talk, I sound like Tom Welling.:tongue:

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I, on the other hand, sound like Abba Eban.

Quote Kissenger

"I have never encountered anyone who matched his command of the English language. Sentences poured forth in mellifluous constructions complicated enough to test the listener’s intelligence and simultaneously leave him transfixed by the speaker’s virtuosity."

Right Pecks - whatever makes you happy in Peckerland. :smile:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I've talked to a few on the phone, and even met one. Ever imagine what one of our members sound like?

Lex sounds just as you'd expect - smooth, deep resonant voice and a lyrical laugh.

But I conjecture about others. In my imagination:

Gillette and Think_Kink both say "eh" and "aboot".
SpoiledPrincess is ladeda...
Kotchanski is West End...
Pecker sounds like a NASCAR dad.
Cigarbabe says "Ayuh" instead of "yes" and so does eddie.
Uncut sounds like George C. Scott.

Anybody else wonder what people sound like?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Dr Dilznick probably has a rich new york tinted bass
Alter Ego has the voice of an ancient Siren who lured soldiers onto the rocks
Cigar Babe is probably a husky alto
NJQT is probably very precise clipped soprano
Invisible man is probably a twangy tenor
Monstro is an equally twangy baritone
Orca is probably a quirky west ender
Rawbone is probably a wonderfully modulated baritone
Mindseye a soft drawling baritone

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've talked to a few on the phone, and even met one. Ever imagine what one of our members sound like?

Lex sounds just as you'd expect - smooth, deep resonant voice and a lyrical laugh.

But I conjecture about others. In my imagination:

Gillette and Think_Kink both say "eh" and "aboot".
SpoiledPrincess is ladeda...
Kotchanski is West End...
Pecker sounds like a NASCAR dad.
Cigarbabe says "Ayuh" instead of "yes" and so does eddie.
Uncut sounds like George C. Scott.

Anybody else wonder what people sound like?

Did I sound like what you thought I would sound like?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, you have this lovely clear contralto that sounds like bells ringing in the distance: clear, yet well-modulated. Very sexy voice. Mmmmm...

I expected your voice to be petite and a lot higher than it is.

Why thank you, darlin' I think your voice is quite sexy as well... I had a girlfriend once describe it as a mellow saxophone! LOL!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always thought that Lex would sound like Samuel Jackson for some reason! Maybe his style of writing gave me this image.

Not at all.. You would not know his race or ethnicity by his voice, but it is a lovely one. I think you would have a sexy french baritone ...