Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
A slight refocus on the big circ question that everyone keeps battling about... are there any new fathers among us (expecting or who recently had the baby...)

How did you make the decision regarding circumcision? Was it insurance related (now that many plans are dropping it as an elective/unnecessary procedure?) Was it family related- so that the boy would be "just like daddy?"
Did you research the matter and then have to defend your position with your spouse? Were you planning to do it (or not) and then something convinced you to make the other decision?

Rather than hearing all of the statistics, I think it's always much more interesting to hear the real reasons that affect us in our lives.

Reactions: coffinhack

MC1000

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I chose to leave my son intacted. I have lived life on both sides of the fence, so I know the difference between being cut and uncut. For me it was better being uncut. I have taught about hygene and about gently streching the foreskin. He is doing just fine. If it is something we needs or wants later in life I will fully support his decision.

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
choose to leave him just as he was born....i feel that it is completely unneeded and that we were not going to put a new born baby through such pain for no reason.....on a side not the Ped doctor came in and did his check up and asked if we were going to have it done and we said no...she looked at him while putting his diaper back on and said "today is your lucky day little boy" that told me that she didnt believe in it either!

legacy84

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being uncut and in a long-term relationship I've discussed the issue with my g/f and despite how I feel about the issue (I've had a few instances where being uncut has been awkward with partners in the past and then the general societal feeling of wanting to be "normal.") and we've decided that we wouldn't get our son circumcised. The way that things are changing these days makes the pressure to do so, as was probably prevalent in the past, much less.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Being uncut and in a long-term relationship I've discussed the issue with my g/f and despite how I feel about the issue (I've had a few instances where being uncut has been awkward with partners in the past and then the general societal feeling of wanting to be "normal.") and we've decided that we wouldn't get our son circumcised. The way that things are changing these days makes the pressure to do so, as was probably prevalent in the past, much less.
Kinda curious, but if you are uncut and feel that being cut would have advantages, to the point that you seem to have been advocating it for your son (saying "despite" how you feel about the issue), did you ever consider circumcision for yourself as an adult? If you did, what stopped you?

legacy84

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kinda curious, but if you are uncut and feel that being cut would have advantages, to the point that you seem to have been advocating it for your son (saying "despite" how you feel about the issue), did you ever consider circumcision for yourself as an adult? If you did, what stopped you?

I did actually consider circumcision for a long time. My reasons for wanting to get it done were mostly for the aesthetic reasons and to look more "normal." Then when I had my first sexual experience and the negative reaction I received from the woman with whom I was sharing the experience I was more convinced then ever that I wanted to get it done. Then I met my current g/f and she's convinced me that its not something that (a) I need to do, (b) have the money to do, (c) have the time to spend not being able to be sexually intimate with her and (d) that in the end in reality I'm "normal" because I am intact. Its been a long process and I still think about it sometimes but I won't.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
I did actually consider circumcision for a long time. My reasons for wanting to get it done were mostly for the aesthetic reasons and to look more "normal." Then when I had my first sexual experience and the negative reaction I received from the woman with whom I was sharing the experience I was more convinced then ever that I wanted to get it done. Then I met my current g/f and she's convinced me that its not something that (a) I need to do, (b) have the money to do, (c) have the time to spend not being able to be sexually intimate with her and (d) that in the end in reality I'm "normal" because I am intact. Its been a long process and I still think about it sometimes but I won't.
Yeah, was just wondering. On this particular subject, many people talk about being denied their preference, but it's typically people who are cut and wish they weren't.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I escaped this matter by having daughters.:smile:.
My daughter and son in law were given a great chance at being fair at all sides when she had triplets, 2 boys and a girl. When there are 2 boys the parents can have 1 each.:smile:.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hoss, I've raised both sons and a daughter.
She ruled the house with an iron fist.
Having a daughter is no escape from anything.
I wouldn't have her any other way.

D_William Howard Shaft

Account Disabled
Media

How much. Does it cost to get it done btw?

BigrThnSom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I ever have children they won't be cut. I'm uncut and very thankful of it. My forskin gives me allot of pleasure. Plus the extremely small amount of medical benefit is unlikely to have any effect on them before they are old enough to choose.. So why not let them decide?