Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
If we ever got past your dislike for my posting style, you would probably realize we agree about a lot of things.

If you ever stopped saying ridiculous things and trying to come off as some intellectual something-or-other I wouldn't be so quick to roll my eyes at your posts.

I don't agree with a lot of what you say. I'm not a fucking idiot. Just because you're older than me and have a penis doesn't mean I can't understand what you're talking about.

Bloody hell man...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Absolutely, I agree, though the "justice system" would make you lose some sleep, unjustly. I believe women are victimized by the justice system often for defending themselves from rape.
I'm black. The failings of the justice system are simply a part of my life. It doesn't concern me. In Florida, a stand your ground state, shortly after Zimmerman was aquitted for standing his ground, police told me I was in the wrong, and could be arrested for knocking around a woman who, with her husband's help, had trapped me in a room. If her husband hadn't been there, or she hadn't have been there, I would have set my assailant on fire because fire was all I had besides my hands and feet to defend myself. As it stood, I surmised (correctly) that if I stuck to striking the woman, the man might not hit me. At one point, when I prepared to hit her much harder, he told me that he would intervene. I gotta learn not to telegraph my strikes as much. Here in VA, after I was menaced by a huge white man with both a hatchet and a pistol, police told me that no charges would be pressed regarding the utility knife I displayed in my own defense because that other guy didn't want to press charges. They said I couldn't go around telling people I would "fucking cut" them. Even if I was afraid for life and limb. They also told me that guy wasn't scary.

There isn't a justice system here for me. It's only for white people. I'm only 1/8 white, so not white enough to be served by it. I don't have to break any laws to be murdered by pigs. So, you see, the judicial process is not something I worry about. They're either gonna get me, or they aren't, and it's more likely a pig guns me down than I see a courtroom. That's true whether I toe the line or not. So, what you as a white dude don't get without being told is, I don't care. Let them come. If I see or experience rape, I'm the executioner. There will be no trial, because there wasn't going to be a trial anyway. No quarter shall be given to rapists on my watch.

If you ever stopped saying ridiculous things and trying to come off as some intellectual something-or-other I wouldn't be so quick to roll my eyes at your posts.

I don't agree with a lot of what you say. I'm not a fucking idiot. Just because you're older than me and have a penis doesn't mean I can't understand what you're talking about.

Bloody hell man...

I am probably more intellectual than many men (and women). Its a reaction formation (compensation) to being relatively low T!

Maybe my mind isn't as clouded by hormones as many men. I'm exactly like I seem in my posts. There is no effort to "seem" intellectual for the purpose of posting. In real life, sometimes I pretend not to be intellectual to "get along" with knuckle draggers.

Of course, intellectuals can and do come to completely different intellectual conclusions and can live within entirely different intellectual paradigms. The fact I'm intellectual doesn't prove I'm right or wrong.

So far, I fail to see any ridiculous statements that I have made. I've attempted refutations of your criticisms, but you seem to miss the point. You seldom state your reason for disagreement.

So, what you as a white dude don't get without being told is, I don't care. Let them come. If I see or experience rape, I'm the executioner. There will be no trial, because there wasn't going to be a trial anyway. No quarter shall be given to rapists on my watch.

Huh? Why do you think I was not getting something?

I agree completely, though I would only add that white women appear to be victimized for physically defending themselves against rape as well, but, no doubt, at a lower rate.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Huh? Why do you think I was not getting something?

I agree completely, though I would only add that white women appear to be victimized for physically defending themselves against rape as well, but, no doubt, at a lower rate.
Because you aren't actually getting it. Still. Why should I fear punitive consequences for any exegent circumstances? Just being alive is exegent circumstances for me. Maybe as a white woman your post would be relevant for me, but as a black woman? Why would I fear consequences for action, when I already know I can be subjected to those consequences for any reason, or no reason? Maybe a white woman would have to think to herself that if she acted in defense of herself or others she might face unjust charges. I don't know what white women think and experience. I am free from that as a worry because I don't have to do anything at all to face unjust dealings from authority figures. My life is meaningless to the American justice system, so what I do with it is entirely up to me. Therefore, I find your cautionary admonition irrelevant. There is further freedom, as you may know, and others may not, in that I do not fear death. I've been dead. Several times. It was nice. I would do it again. In fact, some day I'll have to. Once discomfort with mortality is eliminated, what should I fear? Your responses to me demonstrate a failure to understand this perspective.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
I am probably more intellectual than many men (and women). Its a reaction formation (compensation) to being relatively low T!

Maybe my mind isn't as clouded by hormones as many men. I'm exactly like I seem in my posts. There is no effort to "seem" intellectual for the purpose of posting. In real life, sometimes I pretend not to be intellectual to "get along" with knuckle draggers.

Of course, intellectuals can and do come to completely different intellectual conclusions and can live within entirely different intellectual paradigms. The fact I'm intellectual doesn't prove I'm right or wrong.

So far, I fail to see any ridiculous statements that I have made. I've attempted refutations of your criticisms, but you seem to miss the point. You seldom state your reason for disagreement.
My gut tells me no

Absolutely, I agree, though the "justice system" would make you lose some sleep, unjustly. I believe women are victimized by the justice system often for defending themselves from rape.

The above is what I said. I made absolutely no recommendation against using violence against a rapist. I simply predicted the justice system would make you lose some sleep. I thought you knew me better than that.

Therefore, I find your cautionary admonition irrelevant.

What I said was not meant to be cautionary. It was meant to be predictive and read literally without assumptions, it was predictive! I knew you would agree with it as your posts prove.

I never imagined you would think I would caution you against defensive violence. You have already demonstrated some caution about pure vengeance, but that is different, as you probably agree. I suspect you'd be prudent about vengeful violence after the fact, but I don't condemn that either.

Is everyone attacking me for the fun of it today? At my age, I am no longer sensitive.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What I said was not meant to be cautionary. It was meant to be predictive and read literally without assumptions, it was predictive! I knew you would agree with it as your posts prove.

I never imagined you would think I would caution you against defensive violence. You have already demonstrated some caution about pure vengeance, but that is different, as you probably agree. I suspect you'd be prudent about vengeful violence after the fact, but I don't condemn that either.

Is everyone attacking me for the fun of it today? At my age, I am no longer sensitive.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I never attacked you. I vehemently disagreed. I get you now, though. Let me change it all to, for the reasons I have already stated, I would never lose a wink of sleep over the "justice system". They will do what they will do. If I was to worry at all, I'd have to worry all the time simply because I'm me.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
My gut tells me no
Shorts answer....while I may not be sharpest crayon in the box....circumstances in my life has lead me to run in circles of extremely intelligent and intelectual people

Professors of sciences...biologist...medical Dr....and teachers of doctors...I even know a Nobel prize winner

We have had discussions and disagreements....

Yet never do any of these people ever mentioned...."just how intellectual" they are

Or how much mentally superior they are to "the knuckle dragged"

I am very suspect of people who try to convince others just how smart they are

Reactions: 693987 and MisterB

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shorts answer....while I may not be sharpest crayon in the box....circumstances in my life has lead me to run in circles of extremely intelligent and intelectual people

Professors of sciences...biologist...medical Dr....and teachers of doctors...I even know a Nobel prize winner

Yet never do any of these people ever mentioned...."just how intellectual" they are

To be fair, it seems okay to say that someone is wrong when they say that you're not intellectual when you know that you are.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

For all I know he is a smart cookie, it's his condescending approach that leaves me with an irritated gut when conversing with him. I'm sure I'm not everyone's cup of tea either.. but yeah.

It's a regular thing too.

Or how much mentally superior they are to "the knuckle draggers"

You seem to have missed entirely that Tight and Juicy accused me of "putting on" an intellectual façade. I was responding to that by trying to make an objective assessment of myself. I did not try to convince anyone I was highly intelligent. Whether one is intellectual or not is independent of intelligence to a degree though intelligence would be helpful.

In fact, I self-diagnosed my intellectualism as a psychological symptom not as an indication of high intelligence.

Thus, I am being myself in this forum, not thinking I am surrounded by knuckle draggers, though there have been a few.

So, no, I was not trying to convince others "just how smart I am," as any fair reading of what I said would confirm. I am just communicating the way I usually do.

Yes, and there are knuckle draggers in this world who resent any show of intellectualism. As I said, I tend to hide my intellectualism, such as it is, around such people.

For all I know he is a smart cookie, it's his condescending approach that leaves me with an irritated gut when conversing with him. I'm sure I'm not everyone's cup of tea either.. but yeah.

It's a regular thing too.

I've noted that people have various meanings in mind when they use the term "condescending."

When someone disagrees with me, in addition to critiquing what they said, I try to briefly lay bare as much of the basis behind what I think as I have time to explain. Apparently, some people take this as "condescending" or "mansplaining" because I might mention some things they already know. If that's what is happening I'm not sure how to avoid it. I look at it as trying to identify the basis for our disagreement.

Laying bare my premises should make it easy for the person disagreeing to nail my error. Believe it or not, I'm actually interested in the substance of these issues, not one upping or putting down others.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never attacked you. I vehemently disagreed. I get you now, though. Let me change it all to, for the reasons I have already stated, I would never lose a wink of sleep over the "justice system". They will do what they will do. If I was to worry at all, I'd have to worry all the time simply because I'm me.

For some reason, we communicate with only temporary problems!

Really, though? You wouldn't lose any sleep when under prosecution and threatened with jail or even execution? There's no shame in a bit of worry when the wolf is at your door and not just round about .

I think I told you about a time I was under such threat. Yeah, I lost some sleep especially when sitting in that jail cell for over 24 hours waiting to be dragged in front of a judge chained to a dozen thugs! I'll have to admit however that my "White Privilege" may have played a role in the minimum consequences I suffered.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For some reason, we communicate with only temporary problems!

Really, though? You wouldn't lose any sleep when under prosecution and threatened with jail or even execution? There's no shame in a bit of worry when the wolf is at your door and not just round about .

I think I told you about a time I was under such threat. Yeah, I lost some sleep especially when sitting in that jail cell for over 24 hours waiting to be dragged in front of a judge chained to a dozen thugs! I'll have to admit however that my "White Privilege" may have played a role in the minimum consequences I suffered.
Did you not see what I posted? I have just recently been threatened by a huge man with a hatchet and pistol! And they wanted to arrest me for supposedly brandishing a utility knife I never actually unfolded. I was surprised by that, but not afraid. And do you know why I never unfolded the knife? I had no intention of using itas anything other than a distraction. If that man approached me again, I would have set him on fire. I have been dead. Several times. After that, what is supposed to have a lasting fright for me? No. Not a wink of sleep.

Why would I fear consequences for action, when I already know I can be subjected to those consequences for any reason, or no reason?

Women need to, if possible, defend themselves with as much or more violence than necessary, because once rape starts, murder might be the final chapter. White women might be more likely be found innocent by way of self-defense by the justice system, but I have read accounts of white women being found guilty for exercising self-defense for the typical knuckle dragging reasons. I agree that percentages would be very different, but the principle is the same. So, I don't think white women would be wise to think differently about defending themselves violently, if necessary.