• After

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

alexsopim

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If sexuality is determined by what attracts us, why are there people who need to experiment to know their sexuality? for example straight/gay people who found out they are bisexual only after experimenting. In theory, shouldn't one already know what attracts him/her?

chpoof

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If sexuality is determined by what attracts us, why are there people who need to experiment to know their sexuality? for example straight/gay people who found out they are bisexual only after experimenting. In theory, shouldn't one already know what attracts him/her?
I think the vast majority of people already have an understanding of their own sexuality before having any kind of sexual experience with another person. For example, I knew I was gay/homosexual long before I ever had sex with another man based on my intense sexual attraction to other males. However, for a smaller set of people, experimentation is the means through which they determine the full spectrum of their sexuality.

Reactions: bigboaster

alexsopim

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think the vast majority of people already have an understanding of their own sexuality before having any kind of sexual experience with another person. For example, I knew I was gay/homosexual long before I ever had sex with another man based on my intense sexual attraction to other males. However, for a smaller set of people, experimentation is the means through which they determine the full spectrum of their sexuality.
I suppose this is more true for bisexual or bi-curious people

alexsopim

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Someone might tell you ( i've heard it said) "How do you know you only like men if you've never tried to have sex with women?"

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In theory, shouldn't one already know what attracts him/her?

Yes but in practice we're indoctrinated from youth to be in straight exclusive lifetime relationships. All other sexual expression & activity is immoral even punishable by death in holy books.

So it may take time for an individual to realize their cultural/religious indoctrination was wrong and they're attracted to more than one sex and one person.

Took this heteroboy well into school before realizing he found some guys attractive too and could even crush on them.

I've said it many times in these forums: indoctrination is just a fancy word for brainwashing.

Reactions: alexsopim