Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
This is a question for straight guys (but hey, anyone who can offer some insight would be great).

When going to the gym with a buddy, to play basketball, or work out together... when your finished, how do you decide if your going to shower or not. Like do you mention to your buddy that your showering, or do you just get undressed once your back to the lockeroom then head to the showers?? Do you shower next to your friend if your chit chatting??

batnballs67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think there are lots of variables like whether you carpooled, have something to do directly afterward, etc. My preference is to shower at the gym or pool, and that fits my schedule of usually exercising in the morning. If my buddy and I are going our separate ways after the workout, I just bring clothes and shower whether or not he is doing the same. If we came in the same car, I'd let him know I planned to shower there before we got there. If we were going to grab a drink afterward, I'd tell him ahead of time that I planned on showering before going for the drink.

If we end up showering together, I usually give him some space, but it will be close enough that we can easily chat without involving too many extra people in the conversation. If it's a small space, it's also no big deal to be side by side.

D

deleted814719

As men, we've all got dicks, right? My thought is, "if you've seen one dick, you've seen them all". To me, it is just like there are short and tall people, people with large or small hands, people with different colored eyes, skin tones, etc. But the point is that we're all humans. So, no, I have no problem being nude in front of other men nor showering at the gym.

I'm not hung - just average equipment. I'm not envious of guys with giant cocks, uncircumcised dicks, etc. I've had decades of pleasure with my cock - both self-serviced and with my wife.

Kade94

Expert Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I usually shower after any workout or sports. I hate to feel sticky and sweaty, so I use the showers at the gym or sport complex. If I'm with my friends, they already know. And yes, I have showered with friends before and we usually chat in the showers. I don't see a problem with that.

D

deleted8734261

Normally, as a hockey player, we all shower after practice and games.
There is one friend I have (fellow goalie) and we go play sometimes so work on technique, only two there and we usually shower afterwards. It’s just kind of understood. We use separate showers but we see each other naked all the time so there’s really no asking about showering. It’s weirder if you don’t shower after as a hockey player. I do look forward to those showers though and so does he....nothing has happened yet though.

rbi99

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What the fuck. A shower is a freaking shower, damn right I use it after a workout if I feel the need to. Life is way too complicated on its own to worry about whether I get naked and shower in public.

8inchPole

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I wasn’t working from home, I would meet up with my friend/ coworker before work and we wouldn’t have time to drive home and shower. We tried to avoid any awkward, naked interactions. But after enough time went by, we began to care less about it. Eventually we were comfortable naked around each other.

MarriedGuyinKY

Expert Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I use the showers at the gym because I usually go on a lunch break. Many friends from work use the same gym.

My usual: if chatting with a friend, I just go about my business, strip down and then head to the shower. No invitation but if he uses the same room (we have two open shower rooms), we chat and I don’t try to act different.

After all, it’s only a shower!

hotheadguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As an older guy I can't relate to this discussion and wonder why the younger generation have such hang-ups about being seen naked by other guys, or about seeing them naked.

In my day communal nudity was very commonplace and totally normal. Open showers at school change rooms and at most colleges, even most non-school gyms. I went to a well-known and respected east coast college and grad school where if you wanted to swim in the pool at the men's gym, it was naked or not at all. So some guys were well endowed, others less so, some skinny, some flabby, and a few had physiques we might have envied. But it was all so very normal, and no "towel dancing".. Friends saw one another naked, and so did roommates.They didn't flaunt their nudity, but didn't go to great lengths to hide it. I don't believe that there was much staring. But I think we accepted that while we are all different, ultimately we are all equipped in much the same way. No big deal.

I never served in the army, but know that nudity amongst one's peer group in the showers was also totally normal.

So why have today's men become so ashamed of what nature has endowed us with?

Theo0152

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I always shower after game or workout with a friend or my sons..all is natural and just shower and chat like any other time. One gym is an open shower room another is more private but drying off and walking around is always fine. I see many younger men 20's or so keep a towel on even when pulling up their underwear...Just how we were brought up I guess.

Hungstraight

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess it depends on the people.

Speaking for myself and my own experiences, I’ve never had a problem getting naked and taking a shower with my gym buddies. Most of the guys I’ve worked out with have been either mates from sports teams, close friends etc., which maybe makes the nudity thing easier.

NGage0269

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I work out at the local Y, and either do so alone or in one of their classes. I almost always take a shower after working out. They have stalls, and I usually grab one on the end, and leave the curtain half open. I do that for a couple reasons; 1) I'm a huge voyeur/exhibitionist, so I don't mind see or being seen and 2) there are times I want to be under the water and times I want to be out from under it. The shower stalls aren't that big, so I have to sometimes be practically halfway out of the shower to be out from under the water.

As a side note, more than once I've had guys take a particular interest in watching me shower. I don't mind that, and if it seems like they're enjoying it -- sometimes we both enjoy it from our own individual stalls by jerking off while watching the other.

Leedsmarriedjerkbro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
With mates at the gym the unspoken rule is normally if it’s swimming or sauna or anything we shower after.
Gym if we are going elsewhere after we shower there. If we are going straight home (most the time) we shower at home.
Rugby is different and we just all shower every practice and game. Get fined if you don’t shower after a game

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I was at the gym with a buddy I'd get undressed as soon as I was in the locker room and go for a shower, it's up to my buddy if he does the same but if he's shared my car I don't want some sweaty guy in my car buddy or not.
If I've been playing rugby we all shower together after the game anyway before hitting the club bar.

RareD

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
At my gym, I almost always shower when done for multiple reasons. Usually I workout alone these days but when I was taking mostly group exercise classes, everyone gets done at the same time and hits the shower, including family members or friends I had made through the gym. It's a shower - I know some people have an aversion but to others it is just the act of cooling off and cleaning up. The gym has one shower room, and it is a family friendly place. No cruising. I definitely talk to people in the shower, but then I talk a lot anyway.