Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've noticed that posts on Facebook about the InSight Mars lander have been attracting comments that scoff at the idea that there is any such lander. I don't know whether the people who write these comments believe that there has never been any exploration of extraterrestrial space at all or if it is just the Mars mission that they believe to be a hoax. Do they think that the Earth is flat, or are they selective in which space-exploration projects they believe to be bogus? I saw one comment on the first photo from Mars that said, "They want you to think that Mars is an uninhabited planet." I don't know if this person believed that no craft has landed on Mars or if he believed that there really is a Mars lander but the photos are being selected to exclude views of Martians.

Any enlightenment from Mars-landing deniers on this site?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
A failure of the public education system. That’s it. That’s all there is to it. The problem begins and ends there. A member of a well educated populace would never come to this conclusion.
With the surge in anti science homeschooling (I know there are families that do have strong science in their homeschooling core, but I fear they are the exception), I think this will get worse.

I asked on another forum if denial mentality could be connected to mental illness (and I should also have added mental deficiency) due to its reliance on magical thinking.

T

T_Lurch

Normally, I've always believed questioning things is a very good thing, generally the sign of an inquisitive mind willing to explore and learn.

But when one questions things that are established fact with irrefutable proof, that's just foolishness. Or the sign of mental illness.

One can only hope that as Scarletbegonia postulated, this neo-Luddite movement doesn't gain much traction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
All Deniers are idiots. From Climate Change Deniers to Flat Earthers to Covid Deniers ate up with stupid and self importance.

Their only influence in society should be as a cautionary tale.
Now wait a minute...I deny idiots sex...

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lordy!... Spacecraft from several countries are exploring the universe, the known planets and asteroids, and planning to bring back to Earth soil and rock samples from them very soon. How much longer are these idiotic "Science Deniers" going to have a voice on social media when they are exposed as the frauds that they are?

A/B

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think it’s sunlight.

We actually get more sun here in NM, and we stay at the highest exposure to solar radiation year round (11)

That's not an argument against too much sun making people stupid, this is the land of Breaking Bad and The Hills Have Eyes for good reason... Meth heads and radiation

T

T_Lurch

We actually get more sun here in NM, and we stay at the highest exposure to solar radiation year round (11)

That's not an argument against too much sun making people stupid, this is the land of Breaking Bad and The Hills Have Eyes for good reason... Meth heads and radiation
I think I read somewhere that the highest incidence of meth usage was in the South and around Arizona/the Southwest.

Ahhh, meth. You know, when I see a spindly, disheveled 103 pound guy with rotten teeth, picking at imaginary chiggers under his skin and spasmodically jerking and looking in every direction I think to myself: where can I score me some of that stuff?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think I read somewhere that the highest incidence of meth usage was in the South and around Arizona/the Southwest.

Ahhh, meth. You know, when I see a spindly, disheveled 103 pound guy with rotten teeth, picking at imaginary chiggers under his skin and spasmodically jerking and looking in every direction I think to myself: where can I score me some of that stuff?

I think it's at least partially due to the fact that we're the least populated (I think) state in the SW.. but yeah. Edit: googled it and yup.. NM is the least populated state in SW

Every state has their fuckers. Tis why I still believe "Florida man" should actually be known as "America man"

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Deniers of what women repeatedly say about size on this website? Yeah. They are pretty stupid.
Just like the denier who claims to have a micropenis when his own posted pics show an average willy. ;)

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The moon landing was faked, so why not Mars? *

th

2e48d2cfa4e1ab6e2722dda018ca34ac.jpg

People-in-the-Moon-Landing-Hoax.jpg

* We really need a sarcasm Emoji in case they think I'm on their side ;).

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember vividly the first steps upon the moon, the voyage, transmissions. NASA invented the first compact video recorder, among other things. Much of which was through our dishes here in Australia to be transmitted back to the US, then to the world, also through those temporary set up NASA, one which we visited not far from here on a school excursion during the flight. Australia was once one of the leading space agencies in the world...then we changed government, and much of our technology was sold off to other nation such as India and others.

It wasn't long after that the camera became a world wide sensation, to allow us to capture and view in our own homes film we documented on the day.....which led us to the cams that are the on the everyday devices we use now.

Was just the other day the International Space Station was hit by space debris, luckily it struck the arm, and not the areas of life support, I believe if we are not careful with the amount we are launching into orbit, it has the potential to trap us here on Earth.

To this day I don't believe we will explore the Universe via physical means. Just recently the plan is to create miniature machines powered via laser to do the exploring for us.

I think some time ago I mentioned this here, using lasers to power craft.......but to be honest my thinking is using the power of lasers for more is on the horizon. I'll just have to at some point get around to writing the ideas in my mind for a good sci fi read. For lasers to work they need an uninterrupted stream. It will not happen if it is constantly interrupted by debris in orbit. It would mean constant calibrations of which at this point in time, not capable of keeping up as we can only track debris of a certain dimension.

We are a little speck in the middle of a vast space, at any time, as it has in the past, be wiped out. We are fast approaching a place were we will be able to explore vast reaches without the need to physically 'be there'.

Just recently also, the discovery of Dark Energy, the only energy which has the ability to escape Black Holes, the energy which basically holds the Universe together. Maybe, once we understand it's properties, the ability to harness it................we may find we can go anywhere.

Do you know about this Web site?

"ARSE: Australian Research and Space Exploration."

STWW

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Asexual
Any enlightenment from Mars-landing deniers on this site?

A failure of the public education system. That’s it. That’s all there is to it. The problem begins and ends there. A member of a well educated populace would never come to this conclusion.