Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've noticed that posts on Facebook about the InSight Mars lander have been attracting comments that scoff at the idea that there is any such lander. I don't know whether the people who write these comments believe that there has never been any exploration of extraterrestrial space at all or if it is just the Mars mission that they believe to be a hoax. Do they think that the Earth is flat, or are they selective in which space-exploration projects they believe to be bogus? I saw one comment on the first photo from Mars that said, "They want you to think that Mars is an uninhabited planet." I don't know if this person believed that no craft has landed on Mars or if he believed that there really is a Mars lander but the photos are being selected to exclude views of Martians.

Any enlightenment from Mars-landing deniers on this site?

T

T_Lurch

I'm not a denier myself; I think the idea that the moon landing was fabricated and that there's life on Mars is extremely unlikely. We have evidence of the moon landing and souvenirs.

The Martian atmosphere is carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and argon. Add to that the fact that there's no water to be found there makes the prospect of life highly unlikely. The only thing I could think of that could survive in such an environment are anaerobic microorganisms. Of course, I'm not a scientist or xenobiologist, so who knows?

If they want to settle the debate once and for all, why not stream live video from the Martian rovers? Then people could see on the internet feed whether there's actually sentient life running around, or just a lot of iron oxide dust blowing around.

Reactions: Calboner

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
75 years ago the War Of The Worlds radio broadcast started a panic when people believed we were being invaded by creatures from Mars. Now they don't believe facts. Earth people, weird on any planet :)

The only thing I'll say is that I hope the rush into space by so many governments now, private entities as well...does not end badly and wrecks it for future exploration and generations. I just have an uneasy feeling about it being like nascar........racing around the track at full throttle then all of a sudden..................

I think we'll find other ways to explore the Universe in years to come.

The Chickens can have Mars :)

Last edited:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
All Deniers are idiots. From Climate Change Deniers to Flat Earthers to Covid Deniers ate up with stupid and self importance.

Their only influence in society should be as a cautionary tale.
Now wait a minute...I deny idiots sex...

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lordy!... Spacecraft from several countries are exploring the universe, the known planets and asteroids, and planning to bring back to Earth soil and rock samples from them very soon. How much longer are these idiotic "Science Deniers" going to have a voice on social media when they are exposed as the frauds that they are?

A/B

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do these two have to do with each other?
I took the connection to be pretty obvious: people who believe that the Earth is flat also believe that all space exploration is a hoax. People who believe that only some space missions are hoaxes do not believe that the Earth is flat.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy
T

T_Lurch

Lordy!... Spacecraft from several countries are exploring the universe, the known planets and asteroids, and planning to bring back to Earth soil and rock samples from them very soon. How much longer are these idiotic "Science Deniers" going to have a voice on social media when they are exposed as the frauds that they are?

A/B
They could always arrange for the soil and rock samples, collected en masse, to be delivered on the doorsteps of the deniers. Preferably with a front end loader.

Of course, then they'd probably just claim it's from Arizona, given Martian soil's similarity in appearance.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
They could always arrange for the soil and rock samples, collected en masse, to be delivered on the doorsteps of the deniers. Preferably with a front end loader.

Of course, then they'd probably just claim it's from Arizona, given Martian soil's similarity in appearance.
Well, my experiences in Arizona have been otherworldly and had a strong vibe of “many locals are from another planet.”

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think it’s sunlight.

We actually get more sun here in NM, and we stay at the highest exposure to solar radiation year round (11)

That's not an argument against too much sun making people stupid, this is the land of Breaking Bad and The Hills Have Eyes for good reason... Meth heads and radiation

T

T_Lurch

We actually get more sun here in NM, and we stay at the highest exposure to solar radiation year round (11)

That's not an argument against too much sun making people stupid, this is the land of Breaking Bad and The Hills Have Eyes for good reason... Meth heads and radiation
I think I read somewhere that the highest incidence of meth usage was in the South and around Arizona/the Southwest.

Ahhh, meth. You know, when I see a spindly, disheveled 103 pound guy with rotten teeth, picking at imaginary chiggers under his skin and spasmodically jerking and looking in every direction I think to myself: where can I score me some of that stuff?