Tendonitis issue

maxxblue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Everyone:

I screwed up the outside of my right elbow last May. Hit too many golf balls in too short a period of time. Obviously, the swing not being the best contributed. Anyway, I've iced it, lasered it, wrapped it, braced it and not used it any more than possible since then. Still feels as bad as the day I injured it. Years ago, when I had the same problem, I received a cortisone shot, which did no good. Last time this happened, long rest period solved it. But never this long. Any advice? This is really getting to be a problem. Thanks in advance.

igotthebigone

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My doctor told me to try acupuncture for my tennis elbow,now I'm looking for the right person to do it,I'll let you know how it turns out, I've tried shots and physical therapy already,it didn't help

Sparagun

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My doctor told me to try acupuncture for my tennis elbow,now I'm looking for the right person to do it,I'll let you know how it turns out, I've tried shots and physical therapy already,it didn't help
I got this from lifting weights years ago.. my best advice is take about 6 weeks off from over using it.. i trained lightly for 6 weeks... load up on omega 3 fish oil and massage the elbow to the point where its quoite painful to touch.. this heats up the joint and allows for the lain to ease afterwards

Sparagun

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got this from lifting weights years ago.. my best advice is take about 6 weeks off from over using it.. i trained lightly for 6 weeks... load up on omega 3 fish oil and massage the elbow to the point where its quoite painful to touch.. this heats up the joint and allows for the lain to ease afterwards
As in take fish oil everyday for now on

igotthebigone

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll try it,thanks

thick_

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Everyone:

I screwed up the outside of my right elbow last May. Hit too many golf balls in too short a period of time. Obviously, the swing not being the best contributed. Anyway, I've iced it, lasered it, wrapped it, braced it and not used it any more than possible since then. Still feels as bad as the day I injured it. Years ago, when I had the same problem, I received a cortisone shot, which did no good. Last time this happened, long rest period solved it. But never this long. Any advice? This is really getting to be a problem. Thanks in advance.

I’m into weightlifting and injured my bicep where it connects in my forearm. But the pain radiated down my arm from what felt like my elbow. Anyway my sports medicine dr had me do a treatment called astym (look it up) it took a while to work as I waited over a year to get better. When my other arm had the same issue i did wait healed much faster.

Fish oil will help, try manganese...it’s the trace mineral that rebuild tendons and ligaments. Get off inflammatory foods as well

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Everyone:

How do you laser it? I am not familiar.

BryanHD

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it got better with rest last time, rest would most likely work this time. The more wear tear you inflict on your joints, the longer they can take to heel. Plus age can be a factor in healing time. If swollen, icing and NSAIDs could help alleviate the pain.

Investing in some elbow support might not be a bad idea if these injuries persist. Elbow sleeves or a tennis elbow strap depending on where the pain is could help prevent future pain or injuries by keeping the joint and soft tissue connectors nice and warm during exercise.

Anytime you are not using it, sitting around, driving to work... cold (ice) pack. If you need to use it, support such as and elbow brace. Mild anti inflammatory tablets (short course) can help also. Not that I'm a fan of any drug, mild or otherwise, but non steroidal over a short time would help.

The only way to heal it correctly is to rest it, not strain it. Have it checked out to make sure it's tendonitis also.

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had this happen to me. You will have to rest it out until it heals and then wear a compression sleeve. Unfortunately the older you get the longer it takes you to heal and if this is an injury in the same spot then you have probably aggravated it even more. It's never 100% even after it heals. I still have pain in the elbow that I injured but now I know my limits for that arm and how to work around the pain without injuring myself. I was also quite shocked at the amount of time it took to heal but after researching I found out that it was normal.

maxxblue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How do you laser it? I am not familiar.
I bought a Tinni Tool. It emits a laser beam that penetrates the skin. Completely painless. Apparently, use of laser therapy is big overseas, but not here. I have some buddies who swear by it, but it just doesn't seem to do the job for me.

steel33

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Rest is your best option but is very hard to do correctly. I had golfers elbow (inside elvow) from overuse.. Both lifting and general use. Took 2 months plus off weights but still no good. Ended up getting a cortisone shot to reset it.
Expect up to a year to heal with any treatment option you use and as stated, as you age it takes longer for the body to repair.
I'm wrapping now as often as i can on both arms.
Man it sucks.