The pretext for his message

Growing123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I received a text message from someone that I consult with professionally (I am the client and he is the service provider). He knows that I am attracted to men. He is straight and married.

The purpose of his message was apparently to confirm something that we had mutually agreed upon a few days before. When I bumped into him the following day I reminded him that we had already discussed the matter. He said that he had forgotten. This didn't make sense and there was no real reason for him to send his message in any event.

However I was secretly happy that he had messaged me and thought that maybe he had been looking for an excuse or pretext to make contact. Since then I have been fantasizing that he wanted to engage with me. It's wishful thinking maybe but I can't shake the idea that he fully knew what we had agreed upon despite messaging anyway.

Have any of you had a similar experience where you felt that a message from a potential admirer was a ruse or overture to engage your attention? How did it play out in the end?

Growing123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Nope, but I've been wanting to find an excuse to message someone I knew for quite a while.
Why not just message and say hello? They will know then that there may be interest from your side and what is the harm with that? It would be easier if we could be more direct and not have to engineer encounters. I hope that my guy wanted to reach out to me and dreamed up this strategy to engage. I can't be sure though.

I can never message him unexpectedly unfortunately unless it's related to our business arrangement so communication can only be one way. Otherwise I would.

JD_002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Why not just message and say hello? They will know then that there may be interest from your side and what is the harm with that? It would be easier if we could be more direct and not have to engineer encounters. I hope that my guy wanted to reach out to me and dreamed up this strategy to engage. I can't be sure though.

I can never message him unexpectedly unfortunately unless it's related to our business arrangement so communication can only be one way. Otherwise I would.
1. We haven't seen each other in a while (ex coworkers)
2. Already told him months ago I'd like to hang out sometime (I don't know if he forgot)
3. He's very frustrated with work (and I'm not) so he's not in the best of moods
4. While he might have given hints, I'm still not sure about his sexuality or if he has accepted it