Today's mood

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A-Very-Happy-Thursday.gif

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
just sayin
for coffee lovers,but not for me
hate,the aftertaste,and 3 extra pissess minimum

Morning coffee benefits
Your morning coffee is good for you - if you drink it at the right time.

According to the International Coffee Organization (ICO), the world pours about 1.4 billion cups of coffee per day. There are many health benefits to caffeine, such as a boost in metabolism and an increase in physical performance/muscle strength, but how exactly does your morning coffee impact your brain? Most importantly, are there certain times of the day where your latte-caffeine boost is better for your health? Similar to how morphine binds to endorphin receptors, the caffeine in your morning coffee binds to your brain's adenosine receptors, preventing the biochemical from making you tired.

Caffeine also builds your adrenaline supply which increases your heart rate and allows blood to pump faster. At the same time, caffeine prevents dopamine from being reabsorbed into your system, which allows it to linger in the brain for a longer amount of time, causing you to feel it's positive effects (such as happiness) for a longer amount of time.

The effects of caffeine come in waves over the course of about 6 hours. Consuming caffeine when cortisol levels are high decreases the health benefits. To coincide with the natural peaks of cortisol levels (which happens three times a day) the best times to drink coffee or ingest caffeine are between 10 in the morning and 12 noon, and then again between 2 in the afternoon and 5 in the evening.

Reactions: Nexolaris

Something is wrong with me. After buying something I have immediate regret buying it and in my head I start to think about returning it. I start naming off all the ways about the thing I don't like and how it was a bad purchase.
I start to reason within myself why its a good thing you are returning it because you don't really like this or that about it or hell just the thing in general.

Sometimes its completely logical but most of the time its just me picking this thing apart bit by bit. Finding one thing and sticking to it until I convince myself that I need to get rid of it or return it.

Im not sure what all of that is called but I do it with 98% of the things I buy.