We are building a New Erotic Stories Section from scratch. Any feature requests?

blutrane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have time to read through 13 pages, so my apologies if this has already been beaten to death. Rather than needing to get people to categorize their writing, have two mandatory questions during upload: "which genders are present sexually in your story?" and "Which genitalia are present sexually in your story?"

Then allow users to filter within those two categories simultaneously, completely eliminating the need to have a bazillion confusing categories for all the different combinations.

And then categories that are actually just tags you can further filter with, and we authors just tag our stories.

I am constantly confused as to why the current erotica sites don't already have this. It's so obviously the way to give readers the most control over which stories are presented to them, and it's the most socially just option for trans and gender non-conforming people.
This is even better let's go.

WhyGee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This may be unrealistic, but I would be interested in a separate voting system that is based on quality of writing and story, not just how sexy/hot the story is. While it’s not that hard for me to know in the first paragraph if the writing is very good or not, what if there were a way for the better writers to somehow filter to the top? Who knows. Maybe you could even eventually have your own contest and awards?

Stromjir

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hi everyone!

Just a quick update! We are deep in development. It feels like the site is half-built. I can't wait to get your feedback on it. As we get closer to launch we will be looking for some beta testers. Stay tuned :)
That's exciting! Thanks for the update!

As for the beta testers - I'm happy to volunteer if you're taking names! I've submitted stories on Nifty, AO3, and Literotica. Would be happy to contribute here as well. :)

Reactions: LPSG Support

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's exciting! Thanks for the update!

As for the beta testers - I'm happy to volunteer if you're taking names! I've submitted stories on Nifty, AO3, and Literotica. Would be happy to contribute here as well. :)
Amazing! You are going to be one of them!

Reactions: Stromjir

selinascats

1st Like
Media
Hi Everyone!

We are in the process of building a New Erotic Stories Section. We need your help to make this amazing :)

Are there any features you'd like us to include?
Any design or layout suggestions?
Any ideas you have please let us know :)
A Wattpad inspired layout might be good? Just so it's easy to navigate and somehow go back from where you last stopped. Other site looks a bit plain and you kindly get easily lost in the type-written format. LOL. Thank you guys!

Reactions: LPSG Support

CoburnAisling

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Amazing! You are going to be one of them!
If you need another, I'm in. I have around 10-15 stories ready to go that I just haven't posted here because the character limits on posts make putting anything long-form up awkward. My current project is at 18,000 words.

I stopped using Literotica because their week-long review system made me crazy, and stopped using Nifty because there wasn't a rating system to help filter out the not-great stuff (and boy does Nifty have a lot of it).

Scooter806

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this! This is amazing.

The only two-story sites I visit are Lush Stories and Literotica.
Lush Stories is ok but it is annoying how I can't highlight the text. Small pet peeve of mine.
Lit is the gold standard but it needs an update. The search parameters and niches could be a bit better.
Gender and sexuality search options are outdated.
Feedback loop could be better. It would be nice to be able to post a comment on a story and get a reply from the author.

I'll think of more and let you know.
You can highlight text in Lush if you use Reader Mode

Media
Older stories circa 2007 need to be edited or deleted. With changes in software at LPSG, strange things have happened to the text of the stories making them almost unreadable. How discouraging for those that took the time to create and contribute over the years.

checkin

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This may have been mentioned before, but I can't see myself reading through 14 pages. I would like to see the authors other stories listed on the first page of every new story they create. Not sure if that's possible, but it would be nice. Since most of my readers would probably enjoy seeing/reading my prior work.

I'm also of the opinion, that keeping strictly gay and straight stories separated, may be advantageous, but I sometimes include portions to my stories that aren't simply pure straight, since the characters may evolve, or grow during the story to include a portion of their life when they, let's say, crossed over for a period of their life, or to enhance the feel or boundaries they may have encountered during their life's travels/experiences. Limiting a story to simply gay/straight, may cause issues with the authors interpretation

checkin

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This may have been mentioned before, but I can't see myself reading through 14 pages of this thread. I would like to see the authors other stories listed on the first page of every new story they created. Not sure if that's possible, but it would be nice. Since most of my readers would probably enjoy seeing/reading my prior work.

I'm also of the opinion, that keeping strictly gay and straight stories separated, may be advantageous, but I sometimes include portions to my stories that aren't simply pure straight, since the characters may evolve, or grow during the story to include a portion of their life when they, let's say, crossed over for a period of their life, or to enhance the feel or boundaries they may have encountered during their life's travels/experiences. Limiting a story to simply gay/straight, may cause issues with the authors interpretation of the character during the course of the story.

I've found that I corner myself if I commit a character to a specific straight/gay, when in all likelihood, I may change my mind since their circumstances during the course of the story changed. I don't have a set course for my stories when I start them. They kind of grow into their own entity. I would also add a caution to the story chapter heading if a character would venture outside of their straight side so as not to offend, or surprise a reader. Sorry, this is so long winded. I don't feel pure straight/gay can work very well within LPSG.