What Are Your Deal Breakers?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
What about bobble heads? Like say, Carol, Daryl, and Glen from the Walking Dead? Um, asking for a friend.

Edit. More than one Daryl. And maybe a few Yodas. My friend really like Yoda.

I have two bobble heads. Dan Navarro And Eric Lowen.
Eric has passed. Cold dead hands territory.

Reactions: LaFemme

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

My roomie is big on “oh well, what the hell.”
Unless it’s his stuff.
Use my vitamix and not clean it well? Oh well.
Trash the kitchen in 15 min of me cleaning it? Oh well.
But if I leave a braced window open and go to work, I get yelled at.

Reactions: LaFemme

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Colorado Springs (Colorado, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My roomie is big on “oh well, what the hell.”
Unless it’s his stuff.
Use my vitamix and not clean it well? Oh well.
Trash the kitchen in 15 min of me cleaning it? Oh well.
But if I leave a braced window open and go to work, I get yelled at.
That doesn’t sound like a ideal roomie
I think I’d be turning is to the wicked witch from “Oh Well What The Hell”

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My work hours are not normal nor are my shifts
My roommates are 4 legged and furry.
During the week my bro-in-law will stay at my house he has one of those out of town jobs, I have a house a spare room, better than paying $452 a week at a Hotel. My roommates approve of him... lol. I cook dinner for him, my sister tells me I spoil him cause he expects her to cook like me... lol. She’s a Betty Crocker type.
I’m not. I like cooking for ppl that eat. They have 2 in college & a wedding coming up this next summer. I don’t mind helping.

It works out well cause my roommates are never alone.

Reactions: g0nz0 and LaFemme

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Politics.

I don't fuck across the aisle.

Also. Veal. Eating anything cooked alive/still alive. Foie gras. Dog/cat meat.

Eat or defend the consumption of the above I am out. In a perfect world I would only bed down with other veggie heads.

Wearing fur.

A big no-no.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Politics.

I don't fuck across the aisle.

Also. Veal. Eating anything cooked alive/still alive. Foie gras. Dog/cat meat.

Eat or defend the consumption of the above I am out. In a perfect world I would only bed down with other veggie heads.

Wearing fur.

A big no-no.
Add also “ but carrots die.”

That fur had better be roadkill you had nothing to do with.
(Had a piece of art with quills taken from a porcupine that didn’t make it across a road. Dead a couple hours before I found her. I also know some mountain types that salvaged animal corpses for skin and fur.)

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@Tight_N_Juicy thank you for sharing lovely. Sadly I’ve never been in a relationship where my partner was truly supportive and understanding of me, and who really wanted to bring out the best in me and work through things together... which feeds into my previous post.

You have given me hope that there are much better men out there and your relationship sounds truly beautiful. I’m glad you’ve found each other.

There are ugly parts. Very ugly. Especially this past month, things have been harder than ever. But we're doing the work. Doing it together and on our own time.

If we ever do part ways, no person alive will ever get the amount of acceptance from me that he's earned. There's no way they could. I haven't known them the way I know him as long as I have. So if it's ever over between us, I'm done with relationships period. Casual sex, sure. Commitment? Never again.

Reactions: rtg and LaFemme

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It used to be unfaithfulness and dishonesty (same thing). And then it got to be toilet seats, dirty clothes and drinking out of the milk carton.

But now it's nothing. I don't know how I got into this deal, but I was telling my best friend the other day how sorry I felt for my husband. I said he's been waiting on me hand and foot and so worried. He's at my side day and night, and sometimes at night he'll watch me while I sleep to make sure I'm OK.

I should feel like a princess about it, but I said I feel like I'm taking advantage of the situation. He had to leave on a trip that was postponed because of my accident, and I almost had to kick him out of the house because he didn't want to leave me.

I was telling my BFF the other night how bad I was feeling for him when she told me something he said but made her promise never to tell me! You cannot tell Meg to keep a secret from me. She's absolutely so untrustworthy that the Boy Scouts have a photo of her with a red circle and a line through it.

Anyway, she told me that he once told her years ago that he made a promise to the gods that be that if he was ever given the opportunity to have another soulmate that he would do anything to keep her. He would watch over her and do anything to make her happy. Well, of course I had an uncontrollable ugly cry.

I don't think there was anything in his promise about toilet seats, though.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Add also “ but carrots die.”

That fur had better be roadkill you had nothing to do with.
(Had a piece of art with quills taken from a porcupine that didn’t make it across a road. Dead a couple hours before I found her. I also know some mountain types that salvaged animal corpses for skin and fur.)
Hell, I am related to those people.

I have a collection of animal bits found on various adventures.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There’s stuff that people do that can be overcome. When it comes right down to it, it’s the person that counts. My dealbreakers are things that are going to jeopardize my safety and mental health - everything else is just stuff. I’d like a fully evolved partner. If he’s messy, or smokes, or is a picky eater, or collects Star Wars figurines, likes comic books - that’s just stuff. Communicate with me, and we can overcome that stuff. We can negotiate compromises.

I am so far from perfect myself that I’m going to do stuff that annoys the ever loving shit out of him. We’ll have to communicate and compromise on that. I like my spices alphabetized. My kitchen organized a specific way. I need a couple hours alone everyday. I tend toward hermit-like tendencies. I’m a little nerd-like. I’m a feminist. I don’t fight. Ever. I choose my words carefully. I get hurt way too easily. I get way dark. I am no picnic.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It used to be unfaithfulness and dishonesty (same thing). And then it got to be toilet seats, dirty clothes and drinking out of the milk carton.

But now it's nothing. I don't know how I got into this deal, but I was telling my best friend the other day how sorry I felt for my husband. I said he's been waiting on me hand and foot and so worried. He's at my side day and night, and sometimes at night he'll watch me while I sleep to make sure I'm OK.

I should feel like a princess about it, but I said I feel like I'm taking advantage of the situation. He had to leave on a trip that was postponed because of my accident, and I almost had to kick him out of the house because he didn't want to leave me.

I was telling my BFF the other night how bad I was feeling for him when she told me something he said but made her promise never to tell me! You cannot tell Meg to keep a secret from me. She's absolutely so untrustworthy that the Boy Scouts have a photo of her with a red circle and a line through it.

Anyway, she told me that he once told her years ago that he made a promise to the gods that be that if he was ever given the opportunity to have another soulmate that he would do anything to keep her. He would watch over her and do anything to make her happy. Well, of course I had an uncontrollable ugly cry.

I don't think there was anything in his promise about toilet seats, though.

Hug him for me when he returns.
And invest in a self lowering seat.

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There’s stuff that people do that can be overcome. When it comes right down to it, it’s the person that counts. My dealbreakers are things that are going to jeopardize my safety and mental health - everything else is just stuff. I’d like a fully evolved partner. If he’s messy, or smokes, or is a picky eater, or collects Star Wars figurines, likes comic books - that’s just stuff. Communicate with me, and we can overcome that stuff. We can negotiate compromises.

I am so far from perfect myself that I’m going to do stuff that annoys the ever loving shit out of him. We’ll have to communicate and compromise on that. I like my spices alphabetized. My kitchen organized a specific way. I need a couple hours alone everyday. I tend toward hermit-like tendencies. I’m a little nerd-like. I’m a feminist. I don’t fight. Ever. I choose my words carefully. I get hurt way too easily. I get way dark. I am no picnic.
You sound very wise!!!! A keeper!!! Picnics are over rated! That stuff you do that annoys him is what makes you one and vise versa.
You are cautious, you know what you need for your balance - some people never figure that out!!
I would love my spices alphabetized and my kitchen organized!!!
When you love someone those things that irk us really don’t matter.
I know I’ve been blessed because of you more than once!!!! xo