What are your gym showers like?

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
View attachment 645454
Will try to get a version with me showering in it. This is the appropriate level of privacy - zero!

Nice, except that the shower heads are too high. That would make it more difficult to rinse the soap off of the lower part of the body. I prefer hand-held shower heads, but I've never seen one in a gym.

RL_Praha

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nice, except that the shower heads are too high. That would make it more difficult to rinse the soap off of the lower part of the body. I prefer hand-held shower heads, but I've never seen one in a gym.
I've never seen it either, I suppose if the showers are open then everyone would be spraying each other with a detachable head.
I tried a new gym yesterday with some circuit training. It's a small place, but as everyone is exercising together the changing rooms get congested at the end of a session. There were only two shower heads available and a shortage of hooks, so one is obliged to queue up naked with a few other guys while a shower becomes available. The guy I ended up showering with asked if he could use some of my shower gel: I said yes and got a semi! Looking forward to my next visit. :)

AdamHenry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Separate stalls with frosted glass doors. I kinda like it that way. It has a tiled bench in there so I can prop one leg up at a time so I can really scrub my legs, crotch, ass, and balls without some asshole perv staring at me. Some guys shower with the door open. If you wanna get a quick look, check me out in the locker room when I take off my underwear or get dressed afterwards. I don't do the towel dance.

william1

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been a gym goer for many years, went for about 15 years to Nuffield near Bradford and for many years they had no doors on the showers so that afforded some fantastic views while guys were showering ! Then they went and put doors on which ruined everything, but i rather like asian guys and there are loads of them there, not many showing their junk off but often the ones that did were pretty well hung.

But did change to place called Hollings Hall about 12 months ago as Nuffield was just too chaotic and rowdy so much of the time. New place is much quieter, pool is often virtually empty. Not as much hot asian eye candy (although chatting to couple of very hairy hunks at the moment!).

But last night we were in the ladies changing room and whereas the mens has solid panels between the showers the ladies has frosted glass that is rather good for looking through. Had spotted the guy in next cubicle as guy probably similar age to me and then noticed how much he was washing his junk and how much it seemed to be sticking out, looked rather nice so carried on drying myself for longer to enjoy the show ! Back in the changing rooms he was still similar size and I'm pretty sure he was half chubbed up, i let him see that i was looking at his rather nice uncut cock while we chatted rubbish !! See him fairly often so all be interesting to see him next time and see if he had been playing with himself (hopefully for my benefit!) :)

nokia88

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My current gym has individual stalls with curtains which are not always that clean... but i have to use them because i go to the gym before work.
My previous gym had open showers, much better...

playbiplay

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Current gym has partitions with single doors, though nudity is accepted in the locker room so it is pointless for me, but some people are very modest so at least they have the option I guess. These aren't fully separate shower stalls but rather a gang shower room with partitions added like in many public toilets (ie. not proper walls floor to ceiling but thin metallic partitions about 30cm off the floor extending to about 2m high).

My previous gym was an open gang shower. It was a seriously oversubscribed facility and was a family oriented rec centre, so although there was nudity it was crowded and there were people of all types and children often present. There was no way such an environment would have a problem with inappropriate sexual behaviour lol.

Another gym I went to before had this weird partition setup with several clusters of 3 shower heads pointed 45/90/135 degrees off the wall, and each cluster had two partitions at 60 and 120 degrees mounted off the wall under the shower cluster forming three kind of small triangular pie shaped stalls. There was a semi circle shower curtain rod with three curtains installed surrounding each setup. Those curtains were such a pain in the ass! They always sucked in and clinged to you if you tried to use them and they always looked soiled in some way (usually rust from the steel hooks they used or peoples shampoo or soap residue). They were so annoying people would wrap them around the Rod or hang them up out of the way or rip them down. Often staff would remove them completely to launder or repair them and leave them off for days.

I never figured out why they bothered because people were fine being naked in there and the urinals had no partitions at all and we're quite close together so it seemed inconsistent. Also ironically despite having been in many group showers in my life the ONLY time I encountered sexual behaviour was with the partitioned showers. Once when the curtains were gone in the stupid pie showers I noticed a guy in one across from me staring at me and getting hard. When I looked back at him he started stroking himself and got fully hard before turning around to face the wall again (others were entering the shower area)

I an NOT a fan of partitions or separate shower stalls. They are harder to clean and maintain (they are NEVER kept as clean as one big room), and I think it causes an increase in inappropriate sexual activity. People behave themselves

Reactions: orangeC

playbiplay

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Current gym has partitions with single doors, though nudity is accepted in the locker room so it is pointless for me, but some people are very modest so at least they have the option I guess. These aren't fully separate shower stalls but rather a gang shower room with partitions added like in many public toilets (ie. not proper walls floor to ceiling but thin metallic partitions about 30cm off the floor extending to about 2m high).

My previous gym was an open gang shower. It was a seriously oversubscribed facility and was a family oriented rec centre, so although there was nudity it was crowded and there were people of all types and children often present. There was no way such an environment would have a problem with inappropriate sexual behaviour lol.

Another gym I went to before had this weird partition setup with several clusters of 3 shower heads pointed 45/90/135 degrees off the wall, and each cluster had two partitions at 60 and 120 degrees mounted off the wall under the shower cluster forming three kind of small triangular pie shaped stalls. There was a semi circle shower curtain rod with three curtains installed surrounding each setup. Those curtains were such a pain in the ass! They always sucked in and clinged to you if you tried to use them and they always looked soiled in some way (usually rust from the steel hooks they used or peoples shampoo or soap residue). They were so annoying people would wrap them around the Rod or hang them up out of the way or rip them down. Often staff would remove them completely to launder or repair them and leave them off for days.

I never figured out why they bothered because people were fine being naked in there and the urinals had no partitions at all and we're quite close together so it seemed inconsistent. Also ironically despite having been in many group showers in my life the ONLY time I encountered sexual behaviour was with the partitioned showers. Once when the curtains were gone in the stupid pie showers I noticed a guy in one across from me staring at me and getting hard. When I looked back at him he started stroking himself and got fully hard before turning around to face the wall again (others were entering the shower area)

I an NOT a fan of partitions or separate shower stalls. They are harder to clean and maintain (they are NEVER kept as clean as one big room), and I think it causes an increase in inappropriate sexual activity. People behave themselves

DAMMIT POSTED BY ACCIDENT AND CANT EDIT!

Anyways guys generally behave themselves when it is in the open, and these private stalls provides them with opportunities to be more bold when they fool around. It is no secret that you can see four feet under the shower partitions sometimes, and full on sex happens when the stalls have walls right to the ground! I don't care if people see my penis, but the shower stall sex in a PUBLIC locker room is rather offensive.

I never figured out why they bothered because people were fine being naked in there and the urinals had no partitions at all and we're quite close together so it seemed inconsistent. Also ironically despite having been in many group showers in my life the ONLY time I encountered sexual behaviour was with the partitioned showers.

Exact same in my experience. I couldn't agree more with everything you said.

My Y has open showers, but they put in stalls at the University athletic center. At the University athletic center, guys rip the curtains off or leave them open, so they can chat with each other and bond like well adjusted men are supposed to do. The new showers at the athletic center completely suck. As you mentioned they are always dirty because they're harder to keep clean, and they have eliminated all sense of community in the shower room. There is no water pressure, and the showers only stay on for a short time because they're on a timer. Many times, most of them don't work at all. I have lost count of the number of times I have heard guys complaining about the showers there, even though it's a new facility that just opened last September. I have complained to management about them, but they don't want to listen, so there's nothing more I can do. Membership is way down since the changes, and they are for the first time ever having a hard time renting out all of the lockers available. The locker room is practically empty most times that I go in there. It's such a shame. It was a much better environment and they had Bradley tower showers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: williamkony

LoveThickCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have two kind of poles in the middle kind of like the one attached and then 4 stalls with curtains at the back

In my gym, all the shower heads are along the outer walls of one open rectangular shower room. Clean and well lit, lots of hot water and the shower heads are very soothing.. no sting! It's nice as you see more ass or side views depending on where you shower. (I usually go to the very middle as I'm a slight exhibitionist but a voyeur too). Then there is always that ONE guy who is a bit chubbed and is facing away from the water stream.. rinsing his back while washing his front for a LONG time.. showing off his goods! And No I'm not talking about myself.. well maybe a few times when I saw a particularly hot guy showering. Hose stories are for another thread.. sorry.

Regarding this picture, with the center post type shower heads, where you'd be facing another guy as he showers.. this would be hot! Especially if you've got shampoo in your eyes and you reach to turn your water warmer.. and grab the dick of the guy facing you!! Joking of course but Can you imagine!

Thed

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Current gym has open stalls. Has partitions on the sides but has no door/closure.

5inchAussie

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

The open gang showers are the best, though being phased out here.

Thed

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I went to a newly opened Fitness First once. It has enclosed shower stalls, but when you shower and you look down on the floor, you can see the reflection of the other guy showering (waist down) in the next stall. A week later they placed rubber matts on the floor. I guessed someone pointed this out to the management.

In my gym, all the shower heads are along the outer walls of one open rectangular shower room. Clean and well lit, lots of hot water and the shower heads are very soothing.. no sting! It's nice as you see more ass or side views depending on where you shower. (I usually go to the very middle as I'm a slight exhibitionist but a voyeur too). Then there is always that ONE guy who is a bit chubbed and is facing away from the water stream.. rinsing his back while washing his front for a LONG time.. showing off his goods! And No I'm not talking about myself.. well maybe a few times when I saw a particularly hot guy showering. Hose stories are for another thread.. sorry.

Regarding this picture, with the center post type shower heads, where you'd be facing another guy as he showers.. this would be hot! Especially if you've got shampoo in your eyes and you reach to turn your water warmer.. and grab the dick of the guy facing you!! Joking of course but Can you imagine!
where are you from? what gym is this? id like to go there lol

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are 3 branches of mine within about 2 miles of my place. All 3 only have curtained stalls. That bothers the hell out of me, not just because I love checking guys out, but because it's 1) ridiculous and 2) impossible to keep as clean as an open communal shower is.

Plus it cramps my style - some of my hottest hookups have happened after showing off in the showers and subtly telegraphing that I'm perpetually DTF no-strings.