What are your gym showers like?

HairyMuscle

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are 3 branches of mine within about 2 miles of my place. All 3 only have curtained stalls. That bothers the hell out of me, not just because I love checking guys out, but because it's 1) ridiculous and 2) impossible to keep as clean as an open communal shower is.

Plus it cramps my style - some of my hottest hookups have happened after showing off in the showers and subtly telegraphing that I'm perpetually DTF no-strings.

Would love to hear about some of those hookups... lucky guys!

Reactions: hotbtminla

AdamHenry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Never gave this stuff too much thought. I will say this: If you wonder why the showers are being changed the way they are, just read the comments on these shower threads and you'll find your answer.

A few years ago my gym remodelled and put in separate shower stalls with curtains. I miss the open shower room!

I threatened to terminate my membership at my Y if they did away with the open shower when they remodelled the locker room a few years ago. I guess they listened because it's still there.

diginit

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
@AdamHenry - true. My gym went with the stalls. Over the last 20 years - my impression is that gym class (and showering) is less common in school than it was in my day. Younger guys seem to be more shy. But then we have the internet, which means we're all kinky, heh.

Reactions: AdamHenry

In mine is like this photo. Because here in Brazil, men have a tremendous fear of being seen naked by gays.

los-larios--tigres-do-brasil_sofia-miranda-33.jpg

Reactions: Boxersor

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In mine is like this photo. Because here in Brazil, men have a tremendous fear of being seen naked by gays.

ironically, by having those big doors to keep people from looking in, it also allows for two guys to play together in complete privacy. Law of unintended consequences !

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At my gym there's a hall with shower stalls on each side. 3-sided walls floor to ceiling with a shower curtain on the hall side. During peak times, people are supposed to walk wet to the room outside the hall to dry off and then back to their lockers.

Reactions: aldawg and Boxersor

colm84

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I threatened to terminate my membership at my Y if they did away with the open shower when they remodelled the locker room a few years ago. I guess they listened because it's still there.
How did you have that conversation without coming across as a pervert?

Reactions: AdamHenry

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

That's a good question you asked him. I would have been afraid to make such a suggestion but if I had, I would have pointed out that with more space it would be easier to direct the water spray where it is needed and also easier to keep the shower room clean and fresh. My shower at home is very roomy and the shower head is hand-held on a hose. So, I can rinse my "private parts" without getting excessive water on my back which would dry my skin and cause itching. That's why I've stopped showering at the gym.

ironically, by having those big doors to keep people from looking in, it also allows for two guys to play together in complete privacy. Law of unintended consequences !

Yes I agree. But I believe that few guys play together there, because if they got caught they would be reported to the gym administration.

Sexromasex

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Why they have such a fear? They could lost their soul? Their manhood? I am serious, I've always thought of Brasil as a very open country when it comes to sex.

An online survey was sent out to all Y members before renovations started. However, I have had this conversation in person at my university athletic centre with the administration when they yanked out the remaining 3 Bradley shower poles in favour of private stalls. When they told me that they wouldn't put back in the Bradleys, I told them they could keep their membership. I'm at the age where I couldn't care less what others think of me.

Why they have such a fear? They could lost their soul? Their manhood? I am serious, I've always thought of Brasil as a very open country when it comes to sex.

Well, apparently they think they will be less heterosexual if a gay sees their penis. haha.

Brazil is an open country in relation to sex, it is a promiscuous country, but there are some fairly conservative regions here. There is still great prejudice with homosexuals.

Marcbow

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My gym showers a row of 5 shower heads no stalls are curtains just everything in the open.

But where I play football the showers are three walls with shower heads again no stalls are curtains. It can get very crowded after a game

Reactions: effedi7 and colm84

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As I get older I prefer to shower at home. Foot fungus is not something I want to take home with me.

I haven't had foot fungus since I was a kid. It cannot survive except in a damp environment. Once I stopped wearing shoes in the house and started wearing non-leather athletic shoes elsewhere except when I absolutely had to dress formally, I never again had trouble with foot fungus, even when using gym showers. One reason people wear sandals and flip flops in the tropics where the humidity is usually high is to prevent foot fungus.