When Is The Right Time To Say "i Love You"

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's not something I say often, I must admit I'm not very reciprocal at the time my love says it.

What I do do, is, now and then when I move her car and she is rushing to get out the door I'll leave a little note on the steering wheel. Of if she's reading a book after me, leave a little sticky on a page, a few chapters in. If I make her lunch I'll place a little note there.

Little shit like that.

What is your way to avoid the reciprocal. If any....It's like birthdays. Some have it programmed into their phones these days. Yes. stick my hand up, brain like a sieve. Yet all of a sudden, day before, day later, I remember. My sisters are always on cue............I'm not...yet for some reason they still love me :) :)

For me, I refuse to fall to the will of digital reminders. I'm thinking of you when it's like every other day, you enter my mind. No, not making excuses, I've always been a random person, never have worn a watch, cept when my parents gave me one eons ago.

That's just me, who are you?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
That said, I just wrote this:

When do you say “I love you?”

Say I love you when you mean it

Especially the first time

Softly breathe your passion

Between the knock and the wine

Say I love you when you need it

When it’s harder to see

Scream into a void between you

When it feels it cannot be

Say I love you when you cannot

When anger strangles voice

Touch, kiss, hug in lieu of words

Long long ago made your choice

Say I love you between the moments

That fill and crowd the day

When there is no time to make love

It is all you need to say

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
We didn't start saying it until we lost our daughter.

We'd been living together for years. He knows I've loved him since I was a young warthog. We'd said it a time or two here and there over the years, but we started saying it regularly after her. ❤️

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I learned very early in life that at any moment, you could lose someone. One moment they’re there, and the next gone. I always say ‘I love you’, frequently and with meaning. I love deeply, and I want the people in my life to know how I feel about them. Whether it’s the value their friendship, familial love, or romantic love. My heart is always on my sleeve.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I learned very early in life that at any moment, you could lose someone. One moment they’re there, and the next gone. I always say ‘I love you’, frequently and with meaning. I love deeply, and I want the people in my life to know how I feel about them. Whether it’s the value their friendship, familial love, or romantic love. My heart is always on my sleeve.

I love you. For true.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always say I love you. Always. Every time I talk to my Mum or my daughter I have to say it before we hang up.

Once on the phone I told my Dad I loved him, and he said "I love you, too, Darling." I don't remember ever hearing that. He kept saying "hello, hello," but I couldn't talk anymore. I was so choked up all I could say was "love you, bye."

I tell my husband I love you every morning and every night, and some times during the day.

It's never trite. I mean it each time I say it.

And each time I say it to a person it has a different meaning except that it always means I care deeply for you and want only good to happen to you. It means more than that for different people.