Youth Hostel Experiences

Adsolem

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Perhaps wrong thread but here it goes: advise on youth hostals with opens showers in Manchester and Bristol?

bro94

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I like how casual you guys are about nudity. Maybe most guys are like that but I'm still a bit shy to be explicitly naked in front of others. Part of me finds it exciting but I don't have the courage to do things like you did. I actually talked to some guys during one stay in a hostel about what they think about nudity in the communal shower there. One found it quite strange but another guy was completely cool with it. The guy from Korea said it is normal for guys to shower together in his country but he understood why I might feel shy when we showered together. It was an interesting chat and during that stay he was completely cool about changing in the room, sleeping naked, etc.
When I first started staying into hostels I was also pretty shy, but quickly lost modesty after a couple of stays (at the tine I was still sleeping in shorts and changing in the bathroom/shower stalls)... then noticed how relaxed dudes were. A game changer was a hostel I stayed in Prague... the guys there going in/out of the bathroom/showers only wearing briefs or even just with towels wraped around the waist (and all bathrooms were outside the room). This was also the first stay I ended up sleeping naked. After that, I completely lost modesty.

oook

Loved Member
Media
The first time I went to a youth hostel (Brighton, UK) I walked into the bathroom and there was a guy at the sink completely naked soaping himself up - I was shocked and a bit embarrassed to have walked in on him. He looked up and said the showers weren't working so this was the only way to get clean. We had a chat and he was so cool about being naked. I guess he must have been from somewhere that speaks German - most of them really don't give a dam who sees them naked in changing rooms, saunas and even public parks - and not just the men. He started to change my ideas about nudity and body shame - I started seeing my body for what it was - perfectly OK and fit for purpose :)
I just had another stay in an hostel. This time I was sleeping in my underwear and most guys in my dorm did the same. And just like the other guys, I also changed my underwear in the dorm, without worrying about being naked. All the other guys were completely fine with it. I guess now for me some nudity is not really a big deal.

cleclecle

Sexy Member
Media
European district (Brussels Capital, Belgium)
Sexuality
No Response
Have been to two hostels in Canada , same sex floors and rooms , 4 guys in one room . In the room i was mostly naked , and sleep, nude , i would jerk off every night never cared if they were ok with it I'm sure they were looking
What are the names of these hostels?

bro94

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I just had another stay in an hostel. This time I was sleeping in my underwear and most guys in my dorm did the same. And just like the other guys, I also changed my underwear in the dorm, without worrying about being naked. All the other guys were completely fine with it. I guess now for me some nudity is not really a big deal.
Cool... and guess no one judged you for being exposed for a sec or two. So did you just go for it or waited for other guys to change first to check the room vibe? Any guys sleeping nude?

oook

Loved Member
Media
Cool... and guess no one judged you for being exposed for a sec or two. So did you just go for it or waited for other guys to change first to check the room vibe? Any guys sleeping nude?
Ya, everyone was cool.I was in a six person dorm and five beds were occupied. All guys slept in their underwear only and that’s quite surprising because the was quite cold and I had to wear a T-shirt. And it seemed like wearing only boxers was the norm. I didn’t sleep naked but let my dick poke out of my boxers. A guy saw that and looked twice but didn’t say anything. In the morning there were two guys changing underwear in front of me without even hiding anything, so I thought it was ok for me to do the same too. We were still having a conversation while I was changing, but they were cool with that! It was only for a few seconds though.

Maybe next time I’ll try out something even more. Looks like in this all-male room nudity wasn’t an issue.

bro94

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ya, everyone was cool.I was in a six person dorm and five beds were occupied. All guys slept in their underwear only and that’s quite surprising because the was quite cold and I had to wear a T-shirt. And it seemed like wearing only boxers was the norm. I didn’t sleep naked but let my dick poke out of my boxers. A guy saw that and looked twice but didn’t say anything. In the morning there were two guys changing underwear in front of me without even hiding anything, so I thought it was ok for me to do the same too. We were still having a conversation while I was changing, but they were cool with that! It was only for a few seconds though.

Maybe next time I’ll try out something even more. Looks like in this all-male room nudity wasn’t an issue.
Boxers are usually the norm and yeah, if all-male no one will care if they see you naked for a sec or two. As long as you're casual and don't keep flaunting your cock around, then it's fine. Only twice I actually walked fully nude in the room since there were en-suite bathrooms (once in Nice and another time in Vienna... in both also had other roommates who slept nude, but that's another story).
The other times I was either changing or undressing to go to bed or getting out of bed (a casual chat whine naked also happened on these situations a couple of times)

Lad14

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Perhaps wrong thread but here it goes: advise on youth hostals with opens showers in Manchester and Bristol?
None in Manchester, used to be Hatters on Newton street with communal showers with no doors but it closed down during covid and never reopened :( not sure about Bristol!

bro94

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Is it more common for guys to sleep in boxers/shorts or fully nude in shared dorms? Believe it or not I have a mate who wears pyjamas (he's 29) - like wtf lol
Boxers or shorts in my experience… some do fully nude and some sleep fully clothed (think it’s weird, but ok).
I stayed in a hostel in the past weekend… 4 bed male dorm. First night had two dorm mates - one slept fully clothed and the other one slept in boxers and a t-shirt. Second night another dude arrived and he slept shirtless and in his shorts. All of them left in the third night and I had a new roommate who slept only in his boxers… super chill dude. Told him I slept naked and he didn’t care… just told me he tried once and it was not really his thing.

oh la la

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I stay at YHA in a male dorm 3 years ago with 2 korean guys in the room
The shower was in the room I got in and out the bathroom naked and stay naked in the room in front of them after shower
I wanked all the time in my bed and they probably notice it
one evening I met a brazilian who came to collect his luggage before taking a night bus
I suggested that he come to the room to shower
he undressed in front of me and took his shower he left the door a little open
I undressed too and I asked him if I could watch and I joined him

cleclecle

Sexy Member
Media
European district (Brussels Capital, Belgium)
Sexuality
No Response
Boxers or shorts in my experience… some do fully nude and some sleep fully clothed (think it’s weird, but ok).
I stayed in a hostel in the past weekend… 4 bed male dorm. First night had two dorm mates - one slept fully clothed and the other one slept in boxers and a t-shirt. Second night another dude arrived and he slept shirtless and in his shorts. All of them left in the third night and I had a new roommate who slept only in his boxers… super chill dude. Told him I slept naked and he didn’t care… just told me he tried once and it was not really his thing.
Which hostel?

oook

Loved Member
Media
Just checked into a hostel in Frankfurt and met this young hot guy from the US. So after I entered the room, I tried to open the bathroom door but it was locked so I realised someone was inside. He was only wearing a towel when he opened the door, but was super casual about me looking at his hairy body. And we were chatting while he was half naked and then slowing putting on clothes. He is quite good looking and that view just made my face and ears turn red a little. He was so super nice and took a picture with me. This is the best roommate I’ve ever had. But unfortunately he’s now out for dinner and we’re both checking out tomorrow.

Alejito

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
To chime in with what has been said about being “casual”. I agree 100%. If you just happen to be naked when you wake up or are going to bed (“because you’re not shy”) then nobody will care most of the time. It helps if you’re friendly and talk to your dorm mates as well. The key is to think of it like a straight guy. Don’t make it sexual at all.

Sometimes straight guys at party hostels get drunk and will go to sleep naked and nobody ever thinks twice about it. I travel a lot and have made so many friends along the way. If you can enjoy being nude like a nudist and not making it sexual or getting aroused, you’ll be fine. Just think of it how guys used to approach nudity. Think of it as being no big deal and don’t be excessive or weird about it!

And of course, if someone gets offended, (you should be able to judge pretty well if someone will be offended before even doing anything like this in the first place) then apologize and stop doing obviously!

bro94

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
To chime in with what has been said about being “casual”. I agree 100%. If you just happen to be naked when you wake up or are going to bed (“because you’re not shy”) then nobody will care most of the time. It helps if you’re friendly and talk to your dorm mates as well. The key is to think of it like a straight guy. Don’t make it sexual at all.

Sometimes straight guys at party hostels get drunk and will go to sleep naked and nobody ever thinks twice about it. I travel a lot and have made so many friends along the way. If you can enjoy being nude like a nudist and not making it sexual or getting aroused, you’ll be fine. Just think of it how guys used to approach nudity. Think of it as being no big deal and don’t be excessive or weird about it!

And of course, if someone gets offended, (you should be able to judge pretty well if someone will be offended before even doing anything like this in the first place) then apologize and stop doing obviously!
That’s my experience so far. The key is to be as casual as possible and not make a big deal of it, not overdo it and not make it sexual.
Also agree with party hostels… specially during summer. A lot of guys get drunk and no one gives a s*** if someone’s sleeping naked or not. Once in Nice during peak summer I shared the dorm with some brits who always arrived drunk and two of them slept naked ( saw them waking up and searching for their underwear and getting dressed quickly. Another guy from Norway who I befriended during the trip also slept naked and he seemed to have no problem in going in the buff to the ensuite bathroom.