Alessandro Bedetti, Italian actor

Lmao! I literally started watching that Roman show because someone sent me a pic of this twink and told me he gets railed on the show. Imagine my surprise when he went “cya later alligator.” Although I guess that was technically a crocodile. 🤣

Literally me when I watched that scene:
1724792972934.gif

Well let’s at least hope that the exposure helps his career. It sure did wonders for Pedro Pascal. 😂

Lmao! I literally started watching that Roman show because someone sent me a pic of this twink and told me he gets railed on the show. Imagine my surprise when he went “cya later alligator.” Although I guess that was technically a crocodile. 🤣

Literally me when I watched that scene:
View attachment 142459281

Well let’s at least hope that the exposure helps his career. It sure did wonders for Pedro Pascal. 😂
His death does not have the same dramatic weight or impact as the death of Oberyn Martell, Pedro character. For the simple reason that Alessandro's character is very unimportant and underused. When he is caught having sex with another person, let's say that the scriptwriters could have developed the plot better, but they have used an easy resource. I think he was a wasted character, in the sense that he could have given more play to the plot, such as obtaining information through his beauty by having sex.

Regarding the death of his character, the first time I saw the scene I thought that the crocodile had torn his entire head off his body, but no, first it crushes his head with its mouth, like a watermelon, and then it tears it off his body.

Both of their characters died in a similar manner, mainly getting their heads crushed like a ripe melon, lol.
oh you meant GoT? Idk why I didn't make the connection. I mean it was clearly a joke and I read it too seriously so I wouldn't connect "crocodile eating head" to career success. My bad! :joy:

Reactions: letmewatch
His death does not have the same dramatic weight or impact as the death of Oberyn Martell, Pedro character. For the simple reason that Alessandro's character is very unimportant and underused. When he is caught having sex with another person, let's say that the scriptwriters could have developed the plot better, but they have used an easy resource. I think he was a wasted character, in the sense that he could have given more play to the plot, such as obtaining information through his beauty by having sex.
I totally agree with you. Huge missed opportunity to give more exposure - and win more fans and audience - from those of us who instantly liked Alessandro and the role he played.

I totally agree with you. Huge missed opportunity to give more exposure - and win more fans and audience - from those of us who instantly liked Alessandro and the role he played.
It was a pretty interesting role, it had its other point of intrigue, because it seemed like he was a simple sex toy, but no, he wasn't just "mouth and ass", as they say in the dialogues, but in the end it turns out that the boy was not very smart and makes the simple mistake in the dungeon of shouting that he is willing to tell all of Domitian's secrets, when it is obvious that he is being watched by Domitian's guards. In the end it turns out that he was just mouth and ass

It was a pretty interesting role, it had its other point of intrigue, because it seemed like he was a simple sex toy, but no, he wasn't just "mouth and ass", as they say in the dialogues, but in the end it turns out that the boy was not very smart and makes the simple mistake in the dungeon of shouting that he is willing to tell all of Domitian's secrets, when it is obvious that he is being watched by Domitian's guards. In the end it turns out that he was just mouth and ass
I agree with others that it was a poor use of his character. I also understand that the entire show focuses on the 'barberity' of Rome. The writers took a lot of liberties on this show, and most of them were to further ratings with gore rather than come close to the actuality of Roman life for any class

Although there were stories written of slaves treated this way, the writers didn't give it the necessary emotional weight to explain Domitian's jealousy. Based on the character they presented, he wouldn't have connected to him enough to care if he was fucked by another slave. So it left it all feeling pointless and empty, and reminiscent of the 'kill your gays' trope since he was the only apparently male-only attracted character 🙄

I agree with others that it was a poor use of his character. I also understand that the entire show focuses on the 'barberity' of Rome. The writers took a lot of liberties on this show, and most of them were to further ratings with gore rather than come close to the actuality of Roman life for any class

Although there were stories written of slaves treated this way, the writers didn't give it the necessary emotional weight to explain Domitian's jealousy. Based on the character they presented, he wouldn't have connected to him enough to care if he was fucked by another slave. So it left it all feeling pointless and empty, and reminiscent of the 'kill your gays' trope since he was the only apparently male-only attracted character 🙄
It's curious, but I think the most complete and graphic sex scene between the relatively "important" or secondary characters is the one Alessandro has with two guys, and it's a gay scene. The other scenes are short or extras. It's true that there is a lesbian scene of a woman licking another woman's nipple. And curiously Alessandro is the only character who repeats in another sex scene but short. I don't even remember a very graphic scene of the character Scorpus. Or the scene of Titus, it is also very light. Maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't remember anything else, I mean, I think the most powerful scene is the gay threesome.

"and most of them were to further ratings with gore"
Blood and sex, it's what sells the most, but honestly, I really didn't expect the series to be the new Spartacus, with lots of sex, I didn't even expect Alessandro to have scenes like that, and surprisingly I was very stunned to see him in that threesome. It was great.

It's curious, but I think the most complete and graphic sex scene between the relatively "important" or secondary characters is the one Alessandro has with two guys, and it's a gay scene. The other scenes are short or extras. It's true that there is a lesbian scene of a woman licking another woman's nipple. And curiously Alessandro is the only character who repeats in another sex scene but short. I don't even remember a very graphic scene of the character Scorpus. Or the scene of Titus, it is also very light. Maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't remember anything else, I mean, I think the most powerful scene is the gay threesome.

"and most of them were to further ratings with gore"
Blood and sex, it's what sells the most, but honestly, I really didn't expect the series to be the new Spartacus, with lots of sex, I didn't even expect Alessandro to have scenes like that, and surprisingly I was very stunned to see him in that threesome. It was great.
It's the fact that you can count the same sex pairings that should help you. The rest of the characters were 'straight by default', as most people and media pretend. In ancient Rome especially, there was no default but 'bisexual' was the closest

Alessandro's character being 'gay' was just for us

They should have spared Hermes in the story like upon cutting his tongue Domitian forgives him but he is more restricted and becomes whipping boy in the next season if there is one. He could even be made a possible spy of Tenax.
The writers knew all the gays would be in love with him so they brutally murdered him to make us hate Domitian. It was lazy and wasteful imho