Are western men afraid of wearing brief style underwear?

hrypol9130

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Guy from canada - went through the phase of boxers in high school - because who didn’t, then boxer briefs in uni and now strictly briefs. Dad always wore briefs and couldn’t comprehend why and now I do. Literally the most comfortable, versatile option. Plus Mr. Calvin Klein makes them sexy af as well

SemiAnonymous

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
US citizen here.

I'm 66 so I've gone though a range. Tighty whities through the 60s and mid-70s. Bikini briefs though the late 80s, and then mostly thongs since then.

Although I still have some bikini briefs.. mostly for when I have to fly international for more than 6 hours at a stretch. Thongs start to get uncomfortable after sitting that long.

Reactions: Ohiojohn

londonredhead

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
54 male. Briefs always. Mostly CIN2 or 2xist pouch briefs.

Pouch briefs are the best. I wear Aussie Bum. Keeps your dick and balls nice tucked and upfront. I remember wearing boxer shots when my knob would be hanging down my leg.

Lots of London guys wear briefs.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Are Western Men Afraid Of Wearing Brief Style Underwear?​

Most Western countries are multiracial, multicultural. An intermix of world cultures. So it depends which culture in the west you wish to discuss....Speedo's were an Australian invention, but pretty sure briefs are universal.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Never wore em rb, I was into the boardies.

yay 70s
as i sayd,hward frm afar
gay porton ofnme
akways qantws to see many ausses wearing them/frunt bit only suffice ha

formerly called 'lust,i think then ha

'budgie smugglers'
an au/nz coll....etc
maybe some british would get the drift ha/6ravelled brits,thay is

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Never wore em rb, I was into the boardies.

ps
boardies oj also/with imagination mmmmm

related,maybe

at thw time
had a bi bussiness partner

we
went t aussie several times
just so he could buy/pndulge in maby pairs of

'white jocjey .or hanes briefs' mmmmm

crazwd fetisj kiwi

make it worse ha
the bugger used my money to indulge lpsg haha

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

sort of related

lve
ms barbara stanwyck,theroles she plays

best democracy ib the world
self professed huh

i dont thinkb so

not when all else is addedd into themix

thongboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think fashion is changing more toward briefs again and it can take a while for something to be "cool" again.

Other things:

- Briefs are assumed to be feminine by some people.
- They show off your legs, ass, penis, so they catch more attention. Some consider it to be embarrassing to be seen in your briefs over longer underwear because of the exposure element.
- Some think they're associated with LGBTQ culture, and especially in grades 6-12 kids don't want anyone to question their sexuality.

It can also be the opposite. In the 70s, briefs were the mainstream underwear among younger guys and so guys may have worn them even if they liked boxers instead to avoid getting teased about "grandpa underwear."
Older dudes often tell me that there was a time when boxer shorts were far less common than briefs as underwear in North America. At pools and on the beach boxer swimwear was definitely in the minority — tight form- fitting suits were more common. I'm not talking about bikini swimwear — that was still confined to Europe — but I am talking about beachwear that showed you had a cock.
All that has changed. Quite a few dudes do wear Speedos or thongs at the pool or the beach — but let's face it, we're still in the minority. After all, it's not that long ago that Disney was threatened with a boycott by the religious right because one of its films briefly showed someone wearing a Speedo

Arthur244

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I think fashion is changing more toward briefs again and it can take a while for something to be "cool" again.

Other things:

- Briefs are assumed to be feminine by some people.
- They show off your legs, ass, penis, so they catch more attention. Some consider it to be embarrassing to be seen in your briefs over longer underwear because of the exposure element.
- Some think they're associated with LGBTQ culture, and especially in grades 6-12 kids don't want anyone to question their sexuality.

It can also be the opposite. In the 70s, briefs were the mainstream underwear among younger guys and so guys may have worn them even if they liked boxers instead to avoid getting teased about "grandpa underwear."
interesting thread...and you raised a good point..i agree many things change with time, and fashion trends, and wearing boxers in a time when everyone wears briefs would make one a laughing stock.. but i have seen briefs are often associated in the west (not in the east) with being gay or objectionable.. but women wearing g strings or thongs are never considered gay or objectionable.. so, do you know what is the reason behind this difference, like one gender is expected to show skin, and one gender expected to hide skin...?

Arthur244

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I don’t know any straight guys in the US who wear briefs, as older teenagers or adults at least. I’m sure some do, but it’s uncommon.

I grew up wearing briefs and wore them until high school, then the trend seemed to switch to boxer briefs which is what I’ve been wearing since then. That seems to be what most younger guys regardless of sexuality wear in the US at least.

I see lots of guys regularly in gym locker rooms and I’d say 90% of guys aged 16-35 are wearing boxer briefs or trunks, often something like Calvin Klein or Nike or Hanes.
agreed, but then if 1 person is wearing briefs in 100 people wearing boxers, he will look odd and get attention, i agree. but the question i have is why briefs are seen as being gayish or even objectionable? its just an underwear n much bigger than women's g strings.. :)

Arthur244

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Guy from canada - went through the phase of boxers in high school - because who didn’t, then boxer briefs in uni and now strictly briefs. Dad always wore briefs and couldn’t comprehend why and now I do. Literally the most comfortable, versatile option. Plus Mr. Calvin Klein makes them sexy af as well
so in your observation, is briefs quite common among men because i have never seen any men in briefs (especially white male) in briefs in so many years of me being here.. haha.. and do other look at u in a weird way if they see u in briefs in locker room etc?

Blueballs1979

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Another thought on this subject for me. I believe a lot of straight and bi guys stay away from sexier or smaller underwear because they don't want to be labeled as gay or feminine by their buddy's and family. It's crazy how much people assume. I think it's natural though. I'm from Texas. Only a few family members know I'm bi. If or when the wrong family members find out, there will be rumors for sure. It sucks. But it's true. The crazy thing is I started wearing g-strings because of a woman not because of a man. That's right I chick in Texas bought me a g-string as a joke. And I liked it. Been wearing them since.