Cant lose any pounds. do you know any good pills?

Do any of you know any pills to help me lose dome pounds? i have tried everything i just can't drop some pounds. thank message me info

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Personally, I would not go the pill route for losing weight.

You're going to want to come up with a healthy and maintainable diet and exercise regimen.

That will help you the lose the weight and keep it off.

It doesn't need to be something crazy where you are exercising 3 hours a day and eating only rice cakes.

Just make sure it is something that you can maintain on a semi-consistent weekly basis.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know that there are dozens of diet pills, powders and topical creams on the open market. But do they actually work ? Try to re-examine your diet, exercise routine and how mobile you are in a given day as opposed to just sitting in one spot. Possibly a tweak, here or there will assist you with a long term goal of weight loss.

Good luck

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Get an activity tracker such as Fitbit. Accurately track your workouts, steps, and stairs climbed every day. As a bonus, track the quality of your sleep. Use an app like MyFitnessPal to accurately monitor caloric consumption. If you use Fitbit or UA Band by Under Armor, you can link it with MyFitnessPal and get a calories in vs. calories out reading, as well as a breakdown of macros, and charts to illustrate your weight, and fat percentage.

Lift heavy weights. Do TABATA or some other form of HIIT for cardio. Get lots of high quality sleep, and hydrate like your life depends on it (it does). Restrict alcohol and drink more water. Restrict nicotine, and drink more water. Limit caffeine and drink more water. Limit simple carbs, and drink more water. Get most of your fats from healthier sources, and drink more water. Drink more water, and drink more water. Take a multi-vitamin. All that water can upset your electrolyte balance if you don't eat properly and supplement with vitamins. Consume 10-20% fewer calories a day than you use, and you should lose 1-3 pounds of mostly fat weekly. Weigh yourself daily to frighten yourself into good behavior. If you never feel an endorphin rush from training, train harder. You should be high as hell when you stop. The high becomes addicting, and enforces good habits. Don't forget to eat your favorites at least twice a month to avoid feeling deprived, but stay in your macros. You can do it. But if it was easy, you'd have done it already. Good luck.

Reactions: N68 and Stratavos

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
What does "tried everything" entail? Pills aren't the answer. None of them. If you need to lose weight it's because you're consuming more calories than your body needs. Period. End of story. Pills can't fix that. Only you can... and you absolutely *can* fix it.

Stratavos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What does "tried everything" entail? Pills aren't the answer. None of them. If you need to lose weight it's because you're consuming more calories than your body needs. Period. End of story. Pills can't fix that. Only you can... and you absolutely *can* fix it.

or somethings going on like a thyroid condition :D

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Get an activity tracker such as Fitbit. Accurately track your workouts, steps, and stairs climbed every day. As a bonus, track the quality of your sleep. Use an app like MyFitnessPal to accurately monitor caloric consumption. If you use Fitbit or UA Band by Under Armor, you can link it with MyFitnessPal and get a calories in vs. calories out reading, as well as a breakdown of macros, and charts to illustrate your weight, and fat percentage.

Lift heavy weights. Do TABATA or some other form of HIIT for cardio. Get lots of high quality sleep, and hydrate like your life depends on it (it does). Restrict alcohol and drink more water. Restrict nicotine, and drink more water. Limit caffeine and drink more water. Limit simple carbs, and drink more water. Get most of your fats from healthier sources, and drink more water. Drink more water, and drink more water. Take a multi-vitamin. All that water can upset your electrolyte balance if you don't eat properly and supplement with vitamins. Consume 10-20% fewer calories a day than you use, and you should lose 1-3 pounds of mostly fat weekly. Weigh yourself daily to frighten yourself into good behavior. If you never feel an endorphin rush from training, train harder. You should be high as hell when you stop. The high becomes addicting, and enforces good habits. Don't forget to eat your favorites at least twice a month to avoid feeling deprived, but stay in your macros. You can do it. But if it was easy, you'd have done it already. Good luck.
I should indicate why this is my advice. First, I've been there. At my heaviest I was around 225 or 230 pounds. I have NEVER been that heavy again. My weight rarely goes above 170 pounds (I'm 5'8.5" for context), and I have all kinds of endocrine problems compounding my struggles with wellness. Most people who lose 90 pounds like I have regain not only the 90 pounds, but additional weight; I have NEVER done that. Being a statistical anomaly in that respect, I know my advice is sound. Gain a lot of muscle, develop endurance, and even of you backslide for years at a time you will never get as out of shape as where you started. My biggest problem? I thought my eating habits were healthy, but I was eating nearly 1,000 calories more than I needed in a day.

Second, I have this friend, right. She's been morbidly obese since we met in 1984 or so. We are in our 30's now. She swears she's active and doesn't overeat. Well, I've lived with her and her plump little crumbsnatchers. As diet goes, theirs is terrible. They eat almost exclusively take-out, fast food, and when they do eat home cooking, the "food" is highly processed crap. Frankenfoods. When they let me take over meal planning, they quadrupled their intake of fruits and veggies, stopped eating junk food, stopped eating just because they were hungry if a meal was already being prepared, and drank more water. I tried switching out their punch with actual fruit juice, but because it had no added sugar, they didn't like it. The short humans told me it tasted "weird". They went back to punch and soda, but still drank more water. The little humans ate about the same calories, but Mom ate twice as much as usual, sometimes more. During the week at my house, they collectively lost 25 pounds. I also found that though they claimed to be "very active" they couldn't walk from one end of a shopping mall to the other without breathlessly stopping for several breaks. They felt like they were speed walking. I felt like we were slowly strolling and wanted to walk faster. This indicated they were nowhere near as active as they believed. Mom went home with a cheap pedometer I had lying around, and found that instead of the recommended 10,000 steps a day, she was barely getting in 3,000 most days. Sedentary. Not active. Since then, despite a hand injury, my friend has been lifting heavy weights on the good side, light weights on the injured side, walking further, and using a recumbent bike at the gym. She is back to under-eating, but continues to lose weight. Her oldest has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and so they've eliminated all sugary drinks and snack chips. They've enrolled in jiu-jitsu, and all continue to lose weight.

The problem most people encounter is they do not know how inactive they truly are, and do not know how improper their nutrition is.

Get a monitor. You can deceive yourself without meaning to, but the numbers on your fitness monitor will not lie to you. And weigh yourself daily. Studies have shown that people weighing in daily average ten pounds leaner than people who do not.

Again, best of luck, and do not give up.

Lastly, check for diabetes, thyroid disease, and other endocrinology ailments. These can make your climb to physical fitness harder, but not impossible. Medication for these problems can sometimes help. Symptoms to bring to the attention of your doctor include a pot belly, and darkening skin along your jaw near the cheekbones, at the corners of your mouth or on your chin, and anyplace skin touches skin suck as fat folds, the armpits, and behind the knees. Dark skin at the back of the neck is also a bad sign. And see your dentist. The same fat that upsets you in the mirror could cause cardiovascular issues your dentist can see symptoms of in your mouth. An ounce of prevention can be worth many pounds of cure.

Feel free to message me if you need encouragement or clarification on anything I have written. And if you're too damn lazy to do it right, prescription amphetamines will all but eliminate your appetite, allowing you to comfortably starve yourself into skinny-fatness. You'll have no real muscle, your arteries will remain clogged with cholesterol, you'll still carry too much visceral fat, but you'll look thin, even as the hormone response makes you slightly unpredictable and potentially violent. Good luck with that tack if you decide to puss out. Amphetamines are highly addictive, cause constipation, and you'll be on them for ages. Don't puss out. Do it right.

Reactions: N68

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
or somethings going on like a thyroid condition :D
Which is why I asked what "tried everything" entails.
Thyroid issues are possible but it's uncommon. What's *much* more common is " i've tried fad diets, casually exercising, sticking to program for a couple of weeks and deciding it doesn't work fast enough, and every weight loss supplement on the market."

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So much bad info here. The best plan is to keep it simple. Consistency is key...

1. Cut out everthing with sugar ( soda, sweet teas, desert)
2. No fried foods
3. Start running. Just remember you can't out cardio a bad diet, so just cause you run doesn't mean you " treat" yourself.

It really is this easy to drop weight. Also don't make excuses and don't get dissapointed and fall away from this. Don't fall into fad diets or being discouraged by your fat friends. Keep your goals to yourself. Just because this isn't glamorous doesn't mean it isn't fool proof

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So much bad info here. The best plan is to keep it simple. Consistency is key...

1. Cut out everthing with sugar ( soda, sweet teas, desert)
2. No fried foods
3. Start running. Just remember you can't out cardio a bad diet, so just cause you run doesn't mean you " treat" yourself.

It really is this easy to drop weight. Also don't make excuses and don't get dissapointed and fall away from this. Don't fall into fad diets or being discouraged by your fat friends. Keep your goals to yourself. Just because this isn't glamorous doesn't mean it isn't fool proof

Except that there's sugar in a lot more than deserts, sodas, and sweet tea. Fruit, milk, cereal...
Also, not everyone can live that way. What's important is creating a program that you can actually maintain long term. Having lost 120ish pounds and kept my weight under control for 6 years... I can tell you in NO uncertain terms that I would have failed miserably if I never let myself have any sugar or anything fried.
Keep it simple is true... Calories in vs. calories out.
As far as running is concerned... Great for your heart but a pretty shitty weight loss plan. Resistance training done properly can burn equal or better calories in less time than steady state cardio. Also, building muscle increases the number of calories your body needs on a daily basis because it is living tissue, unlike fat. This prevents getting caught in the never-ending calorie cutting cycle.
Your answers could work... But yours is not the simplest or the best way.

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok I guess I wasent specific enough....don't skip a damn banana cause it has a few grams of sugar... leave out the crazy shit that you don't need that every fat person eats a ton of because American culture has today us it's food, when in reality no one was meant to eat. Start looking at labels and realize sugar has been hidden in everything so pick another option or sugar free...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok I guess I wasent specific enough....don't skip a damn banana cause it has a few grams of sugar... leave out the crazy shit that you don't need that every fat person eats a ton of because American culture has today us it's food, when in reality no one was meant to eat. Start looking at labels and realize sugar has been hidden in everything so pick another option or sugar free...
Sugar free foods usually are a pile of chemicals, added fat, higher in cholesterol...

I don't much like your advice. I've lost and kept off a shit load of weight, but never succeeded feeling deprived.