Dc / Dmv Gyms

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Following the tradition started for other major metro areas, as the gyms in the DC/DMV start to reopen, i'm curious to know what people's experiences have been at various chains and locations. Are the restrictions fully lifted? Is density an issue? What’s been good to keep doing after COVID?

Reactions: Dravus

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
V!da gyms are popular in DC

If you're in the suburbs I think it varies. Not sure what are the best options-- I'm hoping to check out Lifetime

And for more exhibitiony type things Spa World is always a good bet

V!DA is popular, but is is hot? I see a lot of prancing but maybe I’m not going at the right times? In NY, it used to be the after work crowd that was the hottest and horniest.

Dravus

Sexy Member
Media
V!DA is popular, but is is hot? I see a lot of prancing but maybe I’m not going at the right times? In NY, it used to be the after work crowd that was the hottest and horniest.

It definitely depends on the location. I prefer NoMa or Navy Yard. I feel like COVID still has thrown everything into whack so it'll take several months i think for old or new patterns to emerge in terms of best times

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It definitely depends on the location. I prefer NoMa or Navy Yard. I feel like COVID still has thrown everything into whack so it'll take several months i think for old or new patterns to emerge in terms of best times
I’m going down to Navy Yard tomorrow and check out the gym. I hear it’s the newest one so I will at least enjoy the new amenities.

You’re quite right about it taking several months to level out and new patterns emerging. Heck, I’m new at the U st location. Hope it’s a fun time all around!

Reactions: Dravus

Dravus

Sexy Member
Media
I’m going down to Navy Yard tomorrow and check out the gym. I hear it’s the newest one so I will at least enjoy the new amenities.

You’re quite right about it taking several months to level out and new patterns emerging. Heck, I’m new at the U st location. Hope it’s a fun time all around!

How did Navy Yard go for you?

mlo295

Sexy Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
V!da gyms are popular in DC

If you're in the suburbs I think it varies. Not sure what are the best options-- I'm hoping to check out Lifetime

And for more exhibitiony type things Spa World is always a good bet

How's Lifetime? I'm thinking of checking it out too.

Any other suggestions for Nova area?

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I went to XSport in Merrifield for 14 years (until Covid). The sauna and steam room were both very active and sexy, but the showers were always crappy in terms of plumbing and hot water; it was also not the cleanest gym.
When I was ready to go back to a gym post vaccination, I went to 24/7 in 7 Corners. It was much cleaner, but in 2-1/2 months there I never had a friendly conversation. Also, the sauna and steam room there are co-ed so it was not likely to ever be as cruisey as XSport. Neither has opened up the sauna and steam yet, but both promise to do it in July.
SpaWorld is apparently not open yet, and there's a new KingSpa due to open in Chantilly in July, as well. KingSpa looks much grander than SpaWorld. Can't wait!

mlo295

Sexy Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
I went to XSport in Merrifield for 14 years (until Covid). The sauna and steam room were both very active and sexy, but the showers were always crappy in terms of plumbing and hot water; it was also not the cleanest gym.
When I was ready to go back to a gym post vaccination, I went to 24/7 in 7 Corners. It was much cleaner, but in 2-1/2 months there I never had a friendly conversation. Also, the sauna and steam room there are co-ed so it was not likely to ever be as cruisey as XSport. Neither has opened up the sauna and steam yet, but both promise to do it in July.
SpaWorld is apparently not open yet, and there's a new KingSpa due to open in Chantilly in July, as well. KingSpa looks much grander than SpaWorld. Can't wait!

I used to go to that exact XSport, years ago! But I wasn't cruising back then so if anything was going on, I wouldn't have been aware... And I stopped going there for the reason that it was not well kept.

From what I read, Spa World has everything up and running except the men's bade pool which is taking forever to fix. So that would mean sauna and steam room are also open.

I also can't wait for King Spa to open! It is postponed to August now BTW

Reactions: Das_Boot

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to go to that exact XSport, years ago! But I wasn't cruising back then so if anything was going on, I wouldn't have been aware... And I stopped going there for the reason that it was not well kept.

From what I read, Spa World has everything up and running except the men's bade pool which is taking forever to fix. So that would mean sauna and steam room are also open.

I also can't wait for King Spa to open! It is postponed to August now BTW
What’s the functional difference between Spa World and King Spa? Someone said King is more “grand” so I assume that just means bigger facility?

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What’s the functional difference between Spa World and King Spa? Someone said King is more “grand” so I assume that just means bigger facility?

Well, it's not open and it's brand new, so no one has seen it, but from the web site it looks much bigger and fancier than SpaWorld.

Reactions: AgHarley

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But this is a coed place, right? Not a sex bath house. And what kind of clients will go there?

I think it's going to be like every other Korean spa I know about and have separate nude spa facilities and co-ed restaurant/bar areas.
None of the Korean-type bath houses are "sex bath houses"....BUT I have given and received BJs at SpaWorld back in the day., and received many cards with phone numbers to set up future hookups.
One of the sexiest male encounters of my life was at SpaWorld.
Also, as someone said above SpaWorld could really use a renovation.

Dravus

Sexy Member
Media
I think it's going to be like every other Korean spa I know about and have separate nude spa facilities and co-ed restaurant/bar areas.
None of the Korean-type bath houses are "sex bath houses"....BUT I have given and received BJs at SpaWorld back in the day., and received many cards with phone numbers to set up future hookups.
One of the sexiest male encounters of my life was at SpaWorld.
Also, as someone said above SpaWorld could really use a renovation.

Agreed -- I wouldn't equate the Korean Spa experience to the bath house experience. Rather primarily for exhibition, eye candy, potential hand jobs or blowjobs, and making connections for later, which works well because they are truly relaxing too.

Dravus

Sexy Member
Media
How's Lifetime? I'm thinking of checking it out too.

Any other suggestions for Nova area?

Haven't been to any of the Lifetimes since before the pandemic. Many of them don't have the saunas in the locker rooms, they are co-ed by the pool so really its the shower scene you mostly lookout for. Though I enjoy lifetime for their nice facilities and showers

Reactions: mlo295

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone go to Spa Riverside in Annandale?

I've been there once.
It's hard to find. The staff watches every move. It was so crowded in the steam room you could barely move.
And there was no one there that I wanted to be within 6 feet of: I'm older but these guys were so out of shape they shouldn't be revealing more than faces and hands.

This was a week night and still way too crowded.
It's very small compared to SpaWorld.