Do gay guys actually have sex in public at gay bars?

And I don't mean in the bathroom (straights do that) and I don't mean bathhouses.

My buddy told me that he sees perfectly normal gay guys having oral, anal, you-name-it in gay bars on the reg. That shocked me and I wasn't sure if it was just the bars he frequents or if that's actually a normal occurrence.

Is it true? Is it that standard?
I’ve definitely sucked a guy off on the dance floor at a club. We went to the bathroom with his friend and fucked in the stall.

On New Year's Eve night 1980, in Houston, at what was The Locker, I knelt down at the pisser while this guy was pissing. He turns to me and I put my lips around his piss hole and drank my first quart of piss from this guy. Been hooked ever since.....lol

in the backroom, sure, foreplay at the bar and on the dance floor area, sure, even just in the corner near the stage.
...and don’t forget in the back of the cab on the way home....

in the uk, there are bars especially in London where this happens a lot - back in the 80s/90s it was a lot more prevalent too with 'back rooms' etc.

I have a good friend into the leather scene and he used to tell me about how he would go to a leather bar in just chaps, ass and dick on show and ready to be taken, and he would let me know how many guys he'd fucked and how many had fucked him in the night and he still does this now too, so clearly going on.
Jock nights were great, and you didn't go unless you were prepared to take!
Always been back rooms in London for sex, clubs moved about a lot. Even the bigger venues had comers where furtive fucking and more obvious sucking would go on. Late evening it was almost impossible to find a cubicle that wasn't working a couple of guys.The bat areas really hot for foreplay.

Yes, I've seen it first hand. I didn't participate, but it was definitely hot to watch!

Reactions: teninchman
Jock nights were great, and you didn't go unless you were prepared to take!
Always been back rooms in London for sex, clubs moved about a lot. Even the bigger venues had comers where furtive fucking and more obvious sucking would go on. Late evening it was almost impossible to find a cubicle that wasn't working a couple of guys.The bat areas really hot for foreplay.

I def didn't take and only on a couple of occasions did I give, oh those heady days when everything was still 'safe' :-(
but it did give the scene a certain grittiness and realness that the scene lacks now - not that I go these days (well maybe once a year with mates to let of steam and dance)

Sex in public is hot i haven’t had sex at a bar but I was naked n hard on a big contest at a bar. I actually won that contest. I would love to be fucked in front of others some day

Where was the contest? Was it on a "Big Dick" night or something like that?

Reactions: teninchman
in the uk, there are bars especially in London where this happens a lot - back in the 80s/90s it was a lot more prevalent too with 'back rooms' etc.

I have a good friend into the leather scene and he used to tell me about how he would go to a leather bar in just chaps, ass and dick on show and ready to be taken, and he would let me know how many guys he'd fucked and how many had fucked him in the night and he still does this now too, so clearly going on.

Even in the 2000's, London was still quite liberated compared to the US (and I've done a lot of bar fucking in the US). I remember my first time at The Hoist, when this cute guy (who became a regular fuckbuddy on my subsequent business trips to London) suggested we should go to the toilet. So we're in the stall, doing what he requested, when the bouncer comes banging on the stall door. "Eh Mate! If you're going to fuck him, would you please do that out in the bar! Someone might have to crap!" he shouts. Quite a difference--in the US you usually had to sneak off to the toilet or other hidden spot, while here it was preferred you should fuck in plain view in the bar!

As it turned out, there was a reason a Londoner aware of the bar-fucking protocol had suggested we should do it in the toilet. You see, this sweet, young, angel-faced man did not merely like to be fucked with a big fat cock, but liked to be fucked after said cock had put a quart of piss up his ass. And, when I pulled out, I believe even the bouncer would have been glad we were in the toilet, not the bar... (The guy was sparking clean, it's just a very sudden discharge of a lot of piss.)

Even in the 2000's, London was still quite liberated compared to the US (and I've done a lot of bar fucking in the US). I remember my first time at The Hoist, when this cute guy (who became a regular fuckbuddy on my subsequent business trips to London) suggested we should go to the toilet. So we're in the stall, doing what he requested, when the bouncer comes banging on the stall door. "Eh Mate! If you're going to fuck him, would you please do that out in the bar! Someone might have to crap!" he shouts. Quite a difference--in the US you usually had to sneak off to the toilet or other hidden spot, while here it was preferred you should fuck in plain view in the bar!

As it turned out, there was a reason a Londoner aware of the bar-fucking protocol had suggested we should do it in the toilet. You see, this sweet, young, angel-faced man did not merely like to be fucked with a big fat cock, but liked to be fucked after said cock had put a quart of piss up his ass. And, when I pulled out, I believe even the bouncer would have been glad we were in the toilet, not the bar... (The guy was sparking clean, it's just a very sudden discharge of a lot of piss.)

it was the Hoist my mate always went to, so yup know of their 'rules' about fucking around on show.

oh, and ps, I only said it was 'more' prevalent back in 80s/90s not that it didn't continue thereafter, but with the impact of HIV/AIDs, it did seem to less obvious maybe?

I've never been in gay clubs/bars abroad but I'm a regular attender of Moscow's spots like that.
I've seen only once one guy blowing his friend off and securite hadn't noticed for some minutes.
But i've popped into Dark Rooms a lot and the these nights when famous bands got the gig these rooms were rammed with guys... a lot of action out there like fucking, sucking, rimming and stuff but other night there might be 3 or 5 persons walking around waiting for the hunk...I personally never had a shag ... I'm prone to finding a huge cock and suck it or finding guys with bubble butts to sniff it and eat it out.

Reactions: OKCLane
it was the Hoist my mate always went to, so yup know of their 'rules' about fucking around on show.

oh, and ps, I only said it was 'more' prevalent back in 80s/90s not that it didn't continue thereafter, but with the impact of HIV/AIDs, it did seem to less obvious maybe?

My experiences with London were unfortunately confined to the first decade of the 2000's, when I traveled frequently on business, so I probably missed the heyday, but wouldn't know. I also certainly missed the heyday in New York, near here I lived, because I came out rather late, but had older friends to give me all the details. But as you suggest, this probably has much to do with why I am still here. Sadly, in both London and NYC, none of my old haunts are still around (San Francisco to a great extent, as well). Some of this can be attributed to ongoing gentrification of the somewhat marginal neighborhoods where they existed, and some just to changing attitudes.

Closer to my current home, we have lost so many gay bars, and come so close to loosing others, that it isn't worth jeopardizing their license to screw around too much (although more discrete things still happen). There are plenty of private sex parties to satisfy such exhibitionist needs. On the other hand, during certain festive weekends in certain places, the authorities sometimes suggest that there will be little enforcement, and well, um...