Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hardly ever use makeup anymore - only lotion for moisture.

Honestly think I look better than ever - at least I like my looks better now than 15-20 years ago. I've been blessed with smooth skin, so why cover it up.

The countless lines caused by age and too little sleep over the years are perfectly fine. Honestly I wouldn't like too look younger.
Moisturizer and sunscreen. I do wear foundation with SPF at work, but I’m not blessed with beautiful skin. Regardless, I go makeup free on weekends and evenings. Unless I have a big event. Then I can play beauty face with the best of them.

It doesn’t really matter barefaced or not - it’s my face. I earned it. I choose when and where and how much makeup to wear. It’s merely an adornment, like earrings. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. But moisturizer and sunscreen - always.

Ditto, LaFemme... my face routine has pared down. I always did a Bobbi Brown style face, and after not noticing much difference between a full face and no makeup, I've limited my efforts. BB/CC cream with sunscreen, a little blush, liner and mascara... sometimes shadow. But never ever without moisturizer , sunscreen and mascara.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ditto, LaFemme... my face routine has pared down. I always did a Bobbi Brown style face, and after not noticing much difference between a full face and no makeup, I've limited my efforts. BB/CC cream with sunscreen, a little blush, liner and mascara... sometimes shadow. But never ever without moisturizer , sunscreen and mascara.
That’s pretty much my exact routine! I have about a three to five minute daily face. Good to go!

Reactions: 286798

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So I went to the fair yesterday and my friends and took in the expo. One of them decided to try out a demo of skin care products. It more of an excuse to sit down.

So products applied. Bags under the eyes miraculously disappeared. Ta-da! For the low, low price of $500 you can look 10 years younger!

Wtf?! So I said to the demo lady, “why does she need to look 10 years younger? There’s nothing wrong with the way she looks, or her age.” She hemmed and hawed, then said, “well, the bags make her look tired. Who wants to look tired?” I said, “she is tired! She’s always tired. She works hard.”

So she goes on about how it would cost $5000 for a facelift and this cheaper, blah, blah, blah. None of us is spending five grand on face work. Not when we can travel, or do things with money.

I don’t know. It kind of offended me. I take care of my skin because it’s good for my skin. I look good AT my age, not FOR my age. I’m an “older” woman. So what? I’m not going to be 40 or 45 again. I earned every line in my face. I have worked hard in my life.

I will spend money on skin care that is good for my skin. I love makeup because it’s fun. I colour my hair and get good cuts because I like to look good and professional.

There must have been a dozen beauty booths for women and not one for men. I’m sure men could use the products, but I didn’t see one man being dragged into those chairs. Don’t they care about looking 10 years younger? Probably not so much.

So the question. Most women here are younger than I, but do you care about this? Will you care? Would you fork out $500 for miracle cream? And should I be offended? (Btw, the bags were back in an hour.)

I absolutely wouldn't bother at all, I like to look good but anything more than appling some slap isn't for me, sure I use moisturiser etc (my hubby provides most of that daily Lol ;)) but no I'm enjoying growing older gracefully, my hubby digs the lines I'm getting around my eyes etc and adores the stretch marks and veins that are coming on my breasts. I'm more than happy to continue with just makeup and hair dye, he even says for me to let my hair grow out grey but I still like to experiment with colour atm. It's such a secure feeling to know your man is happy to enjoy your body as it ages, being a double H cup I've spoken about maybe getting a lift in years to come (I'm 33 atm) and he says whatever makes me happy however he'd enjoy me all the same however gravity takes it's toll. I'm good being natural and just using the war paint Lol xx

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I absolutely wouldn't bother at all, I like to look good but anything more than appling some slap isn't for me, sure I use moisturiser etc (my hubby provides most of that daily Lol ;)) but no I'm enjoying growing older gracefully, my hubby digs the lines I'm getting around my eyes etc and adores the stretch marks and veins that are coming on my breasts. I'm more than happy to continue with just makeup and hair dye, he even says for me to let my hair grow out grey but I still like to experiment with colour atm. It's such a secure feeling to know your man is happy to enjoy your body as it ages, being a double H cup I've spoken about maybe getting a lift in years to come (I'm 33 atm) and he says whatever makes me happy however he'd enjoy me all the same however gravity takes it's toll. I'm good being natural and just using the war paint Lol xx
Well, you are cute as a friggin’ button and your husband is absolutely correct to adore you as you are.

It does get more difficult as one gets older, though. Growing old gracefully takes a bit of effort. At least for me it does. Saying goodbye to youth and hello to a crepey neck is...weird. Harder than one might think. Not getting that second glance anymore - harder than one might think. Still it has its payoffs. In some ways, I’ve never felt more beautiful or more powerful. Better even than in my forties. I could level cities with my power.

Yeah, so there’s that. :cool:

I would never spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to look younger. I have noticed that I am more aware of taking better care of my skin as I’m getting older. I’ve never really fell into the pressures of “How a woman should look.” I’ve only done my hair, makeup, skincare, etc to what makes me feel good. That should be the focus, not that it is expected of me to look younger as an aging woman. So, take me and my laugh lines, or get to steppin. :)

Reactions: LaFemme

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I was at a home and garden show with my husband and we did the same thing. (Just because I was tired, I let them play with my face.) Same scenario. Same cost. (Crazy.) I came home and went online, found the same product under another name for $15.

I take care of my skin thanks to years of encouragement from my mother. (It's the only skin you will ever have, take care of it.) She started all of her girls on good skin care routines as soon as we turned into "young women." Also genetics plays a huge role. My grandmother died at 93 and had the most youthful looking skin all of her life. Yes, she looked like an older woman, but no one would have guessed her age. (Oil of Olay and good genes.)

I've always looked 10 years younger than my age. But do I think I HAVE to? No. It is a nice compliment when someone tells me I don't look like a grandmother of 2. When I am out with them, I'm often mistaken for their mother. Am I offended? Of course not! But it's not something I TRY to achieve. I am hoping that life is good to me and I get to live to a nice old age... and still have skin that doesn't look like I've been left in the dehydrator for a little too long. I am not ashamed of my age at all, but I do care enough for this "one and only" that I get to go around in that I take care of it.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was at a home and garden show with my husband and we did the same thing. (Just because I was tired, I let them play with my face.) Same scenario. Same cost. (Crazy.) I came home and went online, found the same product under another name for $15.

I take care of my skin thanks to years of encouragement from my mother. (It's the only skin you will ever have, take care of it.) She started all of her girls on good skin care routines as soon as we turned into "young women." Also genetics plays a huge role. My grandmother died at 93 and had the most youthful looking skin all of her life. Yes, she looked like an older woman, but no one would have guessed her age. (Oil of Olay and good genes.)

I've always looked 10 years younger than my age. But do I think I HAVE to? No. It is a nice compliment when someone tells me I don't look like a grandmother of 2. When I am out with them, I'm often mistaken for their mother. Am I offended? Of course not! But it's not something I TRY to achieve. I am hoping that life is good to me and I get to live to a nice old age... and still have skin that doesn't look like I've been left in the dehydrator for a little too long. I am not ashamed of my age at all, but I do care enough for this "one and only" that I get to go around in that I take care of it.
BETTY! Where have you been! Missed you! :heart:

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Mzseduction

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Freedom, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hello, Just wanted to put my two cents in since I'm probably the oldest..I'll be 65 in February..Its easier to say you don't mind the aging process while in you're 30' and 40's ..,I think it wasn't until I turned 60 that I started seeing the real changes ..the hardest for me has been the crepey, saggy neck..,it does bother me at times..
but..generally speaking I have embraced lookIng older.. I swore I never would go gray.. but when I let my colored blonde grow out a bit when I couldn't get to the hairdresser .. I was surprised and delighted that it was an almost platinum white color! I let it grow out and haven't looked back..
I agree good skin care is important.. sunscreen and moisturizer.. my secret weapon is retinoid.. it's been proven to reduce wrinkling and improve skin tone ..
I am fortunate that I look younger and I still get looks from men.. even younger men..
I never would have thought when I was in my 40's that I would feel more attractive and and more sexual in my 60's! But I do ....;-)

Hey Ring... remember you're in AAW. Kind thoughts and appropriate kudos so I won't report it but remember which forum you're in.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hello, Just wanted to put my two cents in since I'm probably the oldest..I'll be 65 in February..Its easier to say you don't mind the aging process while in you're 30' and 40's ..,I think it wasn't until I turned 60 that I started seeing the real changes ..the hardest for me has been the crepey, saggy neck..,it does bother me at times..
but..generally speaking I have embraced lookIng older.. I swore I never would go gray.. but when I let my colored blonde grow out a bit when I couldn't get to the hairdresser .. I was surprised and delighted that it was an almost platinum white color! I let it grow out and haven't looked back..
I agree good skin care is important.. sunscreen and moisturizer.. my secret weapon is retinoid.. it's been proven to reduce wrinkling and improve skin tone ..
I am fortunate that I look younger and I still get looks from men.. even younger men..
I never would have thought when I was in my 40's that I would feel more attractive and and more sexual in my 60's! But I do ....;-)
Exactly. And finally, someone older than I! Lol!

It’s easy to talk about the aging process under 50. The changes that occur later get a little real. But I totally agree. I’ve never felt more powerful or in control than I do now. Who knew?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I’m noting you said girls.
So, high school? Who cares what their view of aging is?
And the person was probably 27.

I get mis aged, but I don’t wear make up, so people think I’m younger, because if I really was weeks shy of 50, wouldn’t I be piling it on?

Ya know, I was at a taco joint with my sis this weekend. We were sitting up at the bar waiting on our tacos when we accidentally overheard 2 girls next to us say, while swiping through phone pics, "OMG! She's so OLD. She's like, 40!"

My sister wanted to stand up and shake her finger at the girl but I quieted her while we we drank our drinks and talked about...just why is it SO BAD to be 40? 50? Even 30s women getting shamed in certain circles. I'm 47. Sis 41. Really, why should we be so shamed about our age talking us into procedures and creams we dont even need?

I do think good skin care is important: moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Wash with simple skin care products. Otherwise it's all genetics, good makeup, or good photography. We all get old. Facts. Of. Life.

I hate this "look 10 years younger" bullshit because it panders just to that very insecure part of a woman who worries "just how important is looking young???"

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I haven’t seen such an ad where I live.

I said women generally age better than men, obviously there’s exceptions and I didn’t state that all women age better than men.

And this is Ask a Woman also.

All I’ve ever noticed is Just for Men hair dye and stiffy pills marketed to men.
The hippie/hipster/greenwashed yuppie groceries carry some make-themed lines of skin care.
I’m offering chair massage in a Whole Foods, and I’m reading every bottle in sight.
Want some of the scents!

Reactions: AlteredEgo