Do You Share Your Sexual Fantasies With Your Partner?

Do You Share Your Sexual Fantasies With Your Partner?

• Absolutely and I always Share mine with my Partner.

Votes: 64 45.7%
  • Ideally but I fear Losing my Partner

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Hell No! I can't Share What I fantasise about with my partner.

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • No Answer Right Now

Votes: 14 10.0%

• Total voters

I don't think any of those are accurate for me. I prefer to share them, but if I get the slightest inclination that he won't respect my boundaries in this space, he's not going to hear them. (Granted, he's not going to be around too long, either) A few that I've told have been hell bent on making them come true vs. trying to develop a healthy relationship. Pass.

hunGreek

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Never been intimate and trusting enough with a partner for such a long time to allow myself to completely open up. Not that i have any particularly strange kinks, But even mild deviations from the norm seem seem like a source of criticism or disappointment which i am not prepared for from a lover.

stonerbonerxo

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hard for me to be in a sexually-involved relationship and not have up-front Honesty be a significant factor, esp as a dom top. If we can’t share what we want/how/who/where we want to do it, that’s gonna undermine the dom/sub relationship rite from the get go.

Plus, I find most people get kinkier with time as they learn to trust someone (At least in a defined relationship). It’s that exploration that leads to a vibrant sex life for me, and you need to be able to share and be comfortable sharing if you want it to last. Keeping these to yourself won’t make the fantasy go away, it just means you’ll do it behind their back. My two cents

longstroke7

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a believer of not oversharing right away.

Like I love having my ass eaten, my balls sucked really hard and I'm interested in doing submissive stuff with a woman that likes to do dom stuff (no pegging though, lol) but I would probably work my way up to that with someone i'm dating. not everything is for everyone.

Reactions: Tight_End_SC

Most of my fantasies are very detailed and complex, down to the surroundings and how long it took me to remove his clothing step by step. So when I share them it's like telling an erotic story and it tends to get my partner very aroused as well as give him ideas for the future. Sometimes I share that I fantasize about X but I would never want to do it in real life. A few darker things I don't share. It depends on the relationship, and it's important to know what your and your partner's boundaries are before sharing.

Tight_End_SC

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have been in several relationships, but not many. When I was younger and had the idea that two people would live happily ever after, the dissapointment of that not happening was a bit to get over. Maybe I was insecure and was a bit too clingy. As I matured I realized it's best to keep certain things in my mind to myself as well as the need for each of us to have our own space sometimes.

I was surprised/dissapointed when I found out some of the things my partner was really into and no doubt some of my secrets (NOT LIES) I shared affected them as well. I like how another poster emphasized honesty. Now that is a solid requirment. Sharing every though or sexual fantasy... NOPE!

Editied to add: If it's something like a sexual position or maybe some role play stuff... HELL YEA!

D

deleted5700751

i do, but not some of the darker ones. as a rule i'd say 90% shared

Here is a question for everyone. Do you think couples should share their fantasies with each other and do you share them with your partner? Why or why not.

Let me know what you think :)
couples should know each other’s fantasies. They should share their fantasies. If possible they could make a fantasy become real

csparks

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can anyone give examples of what you mean by some of the “darker” fantasies? I think I’m pretty open with my kinks but I also tend to over share.

canadianwhiskey

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sharing every sexual fantasy... NOPE! Some things sure, if they seem receptive to it but all, no way. Some things I can and should keep to myself because some people just arent as kinky as I am and these are just FANTASIES after all, I'm not actively trying to fulfill them.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sharing our fantasies is the main reason that got us into swinging as well as made it successful, as communication and openness are key ingredients. One of the biggest take-aways from all this was in how sharing fantasies and not hiding things from one's partner can lead to strengthen the relationship, while being secretive can weaken or even destroy it and based upon our experiences, most "vanilla" couples tend to fall into the latter category.

Which is not to say that there are not some fantasies that are not exclusive to one's own head and sometimes we are reluctant to share them for fear of being judged or thought "perverted". Sometimes there may be good reason. However I have found one may be surprised to find that thing you have been reluctant to admit may be the very thing that your partner is seeking. Case in point is when the wife wondered, long after we had stopped actively swinging, why I never showed interest in being with another guy and how she would have wanted to see that, especially considering how much both of us enjoyed her exploring her curious side. Her revealing this fantasy gave me permission to admit that it was one of mine as well, but us both being conditioned by the stigma in both society and the lifestyle (which had no such qualms about bi-curious women), prevented us from ever bringing it up when we had the chance to make the fantasy a reality.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
couples should know each other’s fantasies. They should share their fantasies. If possible they could make a fantasy become real
Some things are strictly fantasy. And should stay there. They serve to mentally spice up situations, or are relatively unobtainable by physical limits or emotional ones.

Reactions: teninchman