Eminem

Eh, that’s a lame justification. Whenever you have to lean on what someone did being worse than what someone else did, you lose whatever argument you’re trying to push. I don’t think Em is especially homophobic. I think more than anything, he is a damaged troll and is a bit insecure about a multitude of stuff. But the dude did purport male homophobia and anti-gayness in a handful of songs. He did use those things to promote himself and build an image. And he certainly contributed to a homophobic/anti-gay landscape. I’m not saying that you’re no longer allowed to crush on Eminem or listen to his music. I’m not even saying he’s a bad guy. But promoting and profiting off of homophobia, anti-gay views, hetero pressures and superiority, misogyny, toxic masculinity are all things that he did and did for years. That can’t be erased, especially even after him and Elton used each other for relevance and image and after putting a “gay” character in his movie, he still leaned on male homophobia to shade people. It all is what it is. But don’t constantly look for excuses and constantly look to downplay shit that happened.

Lol a working class dirt poor kid who grew up in a trailer park with an abusive mother and little education and experience with the outside world had unenlightened and uneducated opinions that were reflective of all media, music and the vast majority of politicians in USA in both parties are the time when he became famous at a young age. How shocking.

If we're going to be upset about the things Eminem said, let's erase Tupac, Biggie all rap until about 5 years ago in fact all media , politicians, comedians musicians, movies and tv shows and general history till about five years ago. That'll make us super popular.

I'm sorry that you're upset that a kid who had no experience with gay people held views that everyone held or gay people at the time, but I guarantee he's done more for the LGBT community than you or anyone who dislikes him has, have you donated millions every year to aids charities for 21 years? He has ... So where do you get off calling someone whose done more for the community than you a perpetuator of homophobia.

The LGBT community says more anti lgbt shit than he ever did.

Eminem the so called troll, took on politicians, bush , the Iraq war , corporatism, the death of the working class jobs due to free trade back when you'd get pretty much lynched for doing it. He did it with a sense of humor, he's been blamed for school shootings, violence drug use everything under the sun.

I prefer people who are open about the fact they weren't perfect and were ignorant to the people who pretend they are super perfect and enlightened since birth because those people behind closed doors are usually truly bigoted.

If you wanna be mad at things decades ago, fine but I'd rather be mad at the things going on now and hold people who weld true power both then and now accountable not artists. That's not activism it's just moaning.

Eminem's critics don't have the wit, charm or intelligence of his songs and that's why he's Eminem and they are upset about a song from 2000.

I ain’t even about to read that whole rant. A couple of paragraphs were enough. From what I can tell it seems entirely focused on kissing Em’s ass and diverting any responsibility.

I actually listen to (or used to listen to) Eminem’s music. And I had a crush on him. While I ultimately don’t think he’s a “bad guy”. I don’t even think he’s a legit homophobe. But the dude did actively use male homophobic lyrics and anti-gay images to get attention and to build his brand for years. He actively did that and was unabashed about it. While just a couple of years ago he was throwing more male homophobia out there. The fact that there are many hateful “queers” out here and that there’s a lot of ignorance, insecurities, internalized phobias, gay resentments, mental health issues among “queers” does not erase other realities. I have no problem confronting all realities.

My point isn’t to try to get people to hate Eminem. I don’t hate him. I don’t feel much of anything towards him. The point is don’t try to erase history and the shit that people actively did because you like somebody. You can have nuanced feelings toward situations and people. I’m not even criticizing Eminem. I’m criticizing his sycophants in this thread.

Reactions: ShaunSA
Lol a working class dirt poor kid who grew up in a trailer park with an abusive mother and little education and experience with the outside world had unenlightened and uneducated opinions that were reflective of all media, music and the vast majority of politicians in USA in both parties are the time when he became famous at a young age. How shocking.

If we're going to be upset about the things Eminem said, let's erase Tupac, Biggie all rap until about 5 years ago in fact all media , politicians, comedians musicians, movies and tv shows and general history till about five years ago. That'll make us super popular.

I'm sorry that you're upset that a kid who had no experience with gay people held views that everyone held or gay people at the time, but I guarantee he's done more for the LGBT community than you or anyone who dislikes him has, have you donated millions every year to aids charities for 21 years? He has ... So where do you get off calling someone whose done more for the community than you a perpetuator of homophobia.

The LGBT community says more anti lgbt shit than he ever did.

Eminem the so called troll, took on politicians, bush , the Iraq war , corporatism, the death of the working class jobs due to free trade back when you'd get pretty much lynched for doing it. He did it with a sense of humor, he's been blamed for school shootings, violence drug use everything under the sun.

I prefer people who are open about the fact they weren't perfect and were ignorant to the people who pretend they are super perfect and enlightened since birth because those people behind closed doors are usually truly bigoted.

If you wanna be mad at things decades ago, fine but I'd rather be mad at the things going on now and hold people who weld true power both then and now accountable not artists. That's not activism it's just moaning.

Eminem's critics don't have the wit, charm or intelligence of his songs and that's why he's Eminem and they are upset about a song from 2000.

It had to be said. Bravo!

Y’all pick-me queers are lame and exhausting. You pretend that you’re interested in nuanced perspectives and conversations. But you’re only interested in looking to consistently justify homophobia, internalized phobias and anti-gay propaganda. And yes, Elton is very much a pick-me queer. Y’all can’t even come up with real facts. There were multiple songs where Eminem said unabashedly homophobic things. There were multiple times Eminem said homophobic things in the press. There were multiple homophobic music videos. And just a couple of years ago he said some more male homophobic shit. Y’all don’t want to admit that his persona got you of, that it turned you on and that’s why you don’t really give a shit.

I wasn’t even coming for Eminem. I don’t even really have any issues with him. I was coming for the silly and sycophantic people in this thread. You can like Eminem, maintain a crush on him and think he’s a decent dude without trying to erase the reality of things done.

Reactions: ShaunSA and Jkyguy
Eh, that’s a lame justification. Whenever you have to lean on what someone did being worse than what someone else did, you lose whatever argument you’re trying to push. I don’t think Em is especially homophobic. I think more than anything, he is a damaged troll and is a bit insecure about a multitude of stuff. But the dude did purport male homophobia and anti-gayness in a handful of songs. He did use those things to promote himself and build an image. And he certainly contributed to a homophobic/anti-gay landscape. I’m not saying that you’re no longer allowed to crush on Eminem or listen to his music. I’m not even saying he’s a bad guy. But promoting and profiting off of homophobia, anti-gay views, hetero pressures and superiority, misogyny, toxic masculinity are all things that he did and did for years. That can’t be erased, especially even after him and Elton used each other for relevance and image and after putting a “gay” character in his movie, he still leaned on male homophobia to shade people. It all is what it is. But don’t constantly look for excuses and constantly look to downplay shit that happened.
See how Twitter demeans sexuality into nothing more than a ‘genital preference’ and how it’s disgusting to not look beyond that and lesbians who won’t suck cock aren’t real lesbians.

That shit comes from within our own community, a song from 20 years ago from a singer raised in a Republican heartland trailer park, who has since renounced his views and even created a song apologising to his mother who he’d previously threatened to murder in another song, is the least of my worries in the 21st century.

He always thought Eminem to be closeted...and now he has this close friendship to Sir Elton...He's never been associated with any other women besides his ex from what I know..

y9UoHgl.gif

fXTAoym.gif

LJ72Nx5.png
OMG where is this from???

Reactions: ShaunSA