MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why do a lot or women pants have fake pockets? Do women not need pockets because they have purses or is it something more devious and vile?
If they women have out grown the use of pockets then why make fake ones?

I have personally been bitching about a lack of pockets on women's clothing for the last six years. It's my personal opinion that men fear what women might secret away if they had pockets. Pockets are power.

If men really thought about it, it's the purse they should fear. Not only does it hold more shit, it can be improvised into a weapon with almost no skill at all.

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have personally been bitching about a lack of pockets on women's clothing for the last six years. It's my personal opinion that men fear what women might secret away if they had pockets. Pockets are power.

If men really thought about it, it's the purse they should fear. Not only does it hold more shit, it can be improvised into a weapon with almost no skill at all.
Like most of the women I know hate it. It makes no sense. You might be on to something ;-)

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's hard to find women's pants with decent pockets, but they're out there.

I do carry a purse (it's actually a 'mini-backpack") but it's mostly because even pants with roomy pockets can't carry all the shit I always have with me. My wallet, my brush, my medication, my lotion (psoriasis)... I have a lot of shit to carry day to day. Pockets don't cut it.

I love my lil backpack too, it's got cannabis leaves all over it. So it's functional, and suits me oh so well.

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

I do carry a purse (it's actually a 'mini-backpack") but it's mostly because even pants with roomy pockets can't carry all the shit I always have with me. My wallet, my brush, my medication, my lotion (psoriasis)... I have a lot of shit to carry day to day. Pockets don't cut it.

I love my lil backpack too, it's got cannabis leaves all over it. So it's functional, and suits me oh so well.
From what I have observed I don't think you are alone with pockets not being enough to carry your essential items. However the option should still exist and why fake pockets, it's almost like designers are mocking women??

Reactions: MickeyLee

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You want proof about a lack of pockets being a conspiracy? When women find clothes that have pockets that is the first thing she will tell you about her new item.

Me: those are really nice jeans. Doing good things for your butt.

Friend: pockets!

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You want proof about a lack of pockets being a conspiracy? When women find clothes that have pockets that is the first thing she will tell you about her new item.

Me: those are really nice jeans. Doing good things for your butt.

Friend: pockets!
Wow I didn't even realize that

Reactions: MickeyLee

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Have you seen ‘Say Yes to the Dress’? Wedding dresses with pockets get everyone excited! Brides have shit to carry, too, you know.

I take a backpack everywhere too :). Fit too much stuff in your trouser pockets, and they will look lumpy and start to fall down.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

My understanding of it was the no proper pockets was just to fit someone's idea of clothing looking better, though I've never cared enough to try to confirm that.

I'm mighty pleased that a particular skirt I got recently has pockets. Not great pockets, but moderately functional ones at least!

Reactions: find83

On occasion, I've worn men's jeans... the bottom of the pockets hit at the widest part of my thighs. Using the pockets = adding extra bulk at the largest point which is not flattering or comfortable. I think the difference in thigh shape is the driver on this one.

I have a few pairs of ladies trousers that have back pockets that are less than 1". Seriously? Why bother??? If it were a cost thing, you'd think that omitting altogether would be even cheaper.

Reactions: 950483 and find83

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
On occasion, I've worn men's jeans... the bottom of the pockets hit at the widest part of my thighs. Using the pockets = adding extra bulk at the largest point which is not flattering or comfortable. I think the difference in thigh shape is the driver on this one.

I have a few pairs of ladies trousers that have back pockets that are less than 1". Seriously? Why bother??? If it were a cost thing, you'd think that omitting altogether would be even cheaper.
maybe but can't the just design pockets that fit's a women thighs better?

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I grew up with sisters so I always heard them complain about stuff like this ( to say the least). It's just weird that things us guys take for granted is still an issue now a days for women :confused:. Less material but still your trousers and jeans cost more???