Female pants and the patriachy

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear men's cargo shorts sometimes on the job site. I need a shitload of pockets.

I hate hate hate fake pockets. Do they want me to keep my fingernails warm or something? Ridiculous.

Reactions: LaFemme and find83

@Tight_N_Juicy @MickeyLee @EllieP

So what happens if you ever buy men's trousers in a shop, and try them on? I haven't worn men's trousers for years now, but I remember a few incidents where shop assistants tried explaining to me that they were men's trousers, for men to wear, and not ladies, and that ladies couldn't wear men's trousers. One occasion was quite amusing, and two shop assistants looked like their heads were going to implode. They begrudgingly sold me the trousers, and told me that I could keep the receipt and return them. I assured them that that would not be necessary, and that is why I had tried them on. Seeing people get so flustered is hilarious.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

So what happens if you ever buy men's trousers in a shop, and try them on? I haven't worn men's trousers for years now, but I remember a few incidents where shop assistants tried explaining to me that they were men's trousers, for men to wear, and not ladies, and that ladies couldn't wear men's trousers. One occasion was quite amusing, and two shop assistants looked like their heads were going to implode. They begrudgingly sold me the trousers, and told me that I could keep the receipt and return them. I assured them that that would not be necessary, and that is why I had tried them on. Seeing people get so flustered is hilarious.

Jeans are the easiest to shop for. Trousers sometimes get the arched eyebrow. Suits are the most fun. Bespoke *homer drool*

I shop like any other store. I get what I want to try on. Ask for a Fitting Room key/pass/whatever. Try it on. I've been lucky enough to find friendly sales staff. They have been very helpful in suggesting sizing or fit. Once the tailor realizes you are there to buy business mode kicks in. I've gotten fitted professionally a few time. I explain my preference for low-rise pants, the sales folks find what I need.

Usually, people are as comfortable as you are. I've been wearing men's clothes since my childhood. I feel weird shopping for women's clothes. I love me a maxi-skirt, but shopping for them still feels like I am trespassing in girl-world.

My next big clothes spend: Bindle and Keep

Last edited:
Reactions: 286798

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Pockets. Pockets.

I love pockets. I carry a big ass purse to the office every day, stuffed with my laptop, wallet, phone, Kindle and the accoutrements I need on the daily. But I sure the hell am not hauling that thing around from meeting to meeting, or to lunch or to the minimart. I need POCKETS! It’s really inelegant to pull my phone and money out of my bra at the local eatery.

Pockets.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pockets. Pockets.

I love pockets. I carry a big ass purse to the office every day, stuffed with my laptop, wallet, phone, Kindle and the accoutrements I need on the daily. But I sure the hell am not hauling that thing around from meeting to meeting, or to lunch or to the minimart. I need POCKETS! It’s really inelegant to pull my phone and money out of my bra at the local eatery.

Pockets.
Sometimes I put a tiny purse inside my big purse to have some place to stash my phone and wallet.

Reactions: LaFemme

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
6f4ef72363b07438dd039b8679b42602.jpg

Chief Brody: You're gonna need a bigger purse

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@Tight_N_Juicy

I have never had anyone say anything to me about wear pants I can/can't try on.

If they did I'd be quick to make them regret it.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Jeans are the easiest to shop for. Trousers sometimes get the arched eyebrow. Suits are the most fun. Bespoke *homer drool*

I shop like any other store. I get what I want to try on. Ask for a Fitting Room key/pass/whatever. Try it on. I've been lucky enough to find friendly sales staff. They have been very helpful in suggesting sizing or fit. Once the tailor realizes you are there to buy business mode kicks in. I've gotten fitted professionally a few time. I explain my preference for low-rise pants, the sales folks find what I need.

Usually, people are as comfortable as you are. I've been wearing men's clothes since my childhood. I feel weird shopping for women's clothes. I love me a maxi-skirt, but shopping for them still feels like I am trespassing in girl-world.

My next big clothes spend: Bindle and Keep
My aunt used to humour me and take me to the menswear shop for my clothes when I was a kid too, so it wasn't about my comfort level. Rural Wales is a place apart is all I can say.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

It's annoying as fuck how she has that tiny purse with that gigantic fuckin hat.

Just my opinion :innocent:
Rhianna would still look pretty ridiculous without the stupid tiny bag.

Wotsherface just has the small bag to make her bottom look bigger.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My aunt used to humour me and take me to the menswear shop for my clothes when I was a kid too, so it wasn't about my comfort level. Rural Wales is a place apart is all I can say.

I'm from the Dirty South. It's not too far removed from Rural Wales, I'm guessing. Christian, Conservative Control Freaks.

The cities are more open-minded. During my OshKoshBeGosh years, cross-dressing was cute. A tomboy phase I would outgrow eventually. Pubescent fashion was an adolescent rebellion, I would out frow eventually. Grown-ass me rocking a custom suit is fucking fabulous, I can't give figs, fucks or a bag of dicks to grow out of it.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks. Other than "that is a damn fine suit on that queer" Cuz it is. I am.

It's annoying as fuck how she has that tiny purse with that gigantic fuckin hat.

Just my opinion :innocent:

The hat my freckled heart covets

The little purse is hurting my actual soul.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Another thing: phones fit in men's trouser pockets, but not in women's trouser pockets.

My phone, a 5c (Apple) fits in my back trouser pockets....because that’s part of the selection process.
Well, 80 percent is in, and it holds.

At work, I’m not “supposed” to have my phone, but that’s where the schedule and interface to check my clients out lives, plus my legally required patient treatment notes app. So, my phone is with me.
Having it fit securely in a back pocket is the second most important thing for selecting uniform trousers.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You should see the raised eyebrows when I shop in the teen boys department!

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've worked in the clothing and fashion industry, I'm a trained dress maker.
Usually fake pockets are used simply because the designer wanted the aesthetic of pockets but doesn't want the wearer to put anything in them and spoil the line of the design. That's all, simply to stop you making a great design look bad! X

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I've worked in the clothing and fashion industry, I'm a trained dress maker.
Usually fake pockets are used simply because the designer wanted the aesthetic of pockets but doesn't want the wearer to put anything in them and spoil the line of the design. That's all, simply to stop you making a great design look bad! X

To which I say, form follows function.

Reactions: Holly Doors