jmann93

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just wanting some other peoples thoughts about this:
I met this guy (supposedly straight) at a job orientation. We connected and before it was over, we exchanged numbers and said we’ll have to have lunch sometime.
That was in Feb. We have talked ever since.
Right after we started talking, his girlfriend of 5 years broke up with him. He will text me good morning and ask how I slept. Let me know makes it to work and we tell each other good night sleep well. We ask each other different questions like what we enjoy , etc. we’ve met 2x for dinner. Everyone at work tells me he is into me more than just a friendship. What are your alls thoughts??
Appreciate your input.

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a girlfriend (not dating, she's a very close girl friend), and we make sure we get home safe from longer trips, ask how we're doing pretty often, and my wife tells me to call her when I need to talk to a friend and she can't help me. I'm not into my girlfriend, she usually is dating guys, but that doesn't mean if she's not I'd want to make a move on her or hope she'd move on me.

That said, when a man is doing this with another man, its not the worst. What is a little more than the relationship I'm relaying here is the "how did you sleep" and wishing you a good night, stuff like that. I've never asked any male friends, ones I've been friends with for over 30 years even, when we're sleeping in the same place, "how did you sleep?" We'll say goodnight stuff like that but it sounds like he's a bit more than what I'm talking about. Y'all haven't hung out very much and aren't the closest, longest friends yet.

I'm with @Mike hung and yah, suspect to me.

Reactions: jmann93

Tommy-95

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don’t know anything about the other guy except what you’ve described, and honestly it just sounds like he doesn’t want to be alone, that he really wants to connect with another male as friends. If he just went through a breakup from a long term relationship with his girlfriend, my opinion is he wants a close friend to talk to and maybe open up about grieving his loss, finding common ground, validation of feelings, etc. I’m not sure of course that he isn’t gay or bisexual, I’m just saying it’s possible he is excited to have you in his life as a close friend during a difficult time.

Reactions: lapdog2001