House plants/gardening

Number 9

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My wife is into her plants/garden and I’m into my clay so thought I’d throw her a few terracotta pots last weekend.
This weekend I think I’ll throw her some that will stair step up the side of a leaning tree.

We’ll see I guess.

Attachments

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
273123159_361498829151626_4257276219950522913_n-6258b1a4a7390__880.jpg
@Tight_n_Juicy's house

Speaking of which, this month marks 3 years since she left me so I got myself 3 orchids to take my mind to better places. When I told him I spend almost $100.00 on them he was kinda shocked. Shipping is a bitch with live plants but fuck it.. i deserve to treat myself once in awhile.

1. Dendrobium "Green Lantern" (Nobile type)
IMG_20220422_193523907~2.jpg

2. Brassavola Nedosa (Lady of the Night). This one's leaves look a bit unhappy but let's see if I can make her happy. She just a wee beb.
IMG_20220422_194200238.jpg

3. Vanilla Planifola! Since my variegated one didn't make it through the winter with our wood burning stove I got another and I'm going to make accommodations for her this winter so she won't leave me.
IMG_20220422_193307525~2.jpg

Obviously none of them are big enough to make flowers but I love my lil babies. In memory of my baby.

Number 9

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just about finished with building my wife a garden shed. Just have to install the metal roof, trim, deck, and deck awning. Managed to integrate the antique steel frame push out windows that came out of a 1910’s restaurant in Gonzales, Tx.

Everybody needs a place to get right with life and the world.

Attachments

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So glad this thread is around. I’ve always loved plants and so did my mom. After my mom passed from COVID in February, I learned from my dad that when they met, her aspiration was actually to be a horticulturist. Then she had us kids and just picked up any job she qualified for - cleaning lady, receptionist, secretary.

She never got to return to her aspirations of being a horticulturist, though. So keeping houseplants, which I already did pre-COVID for years now, has now come to have a little more meaning to me as a way of staying connected to her. I tend to do pretty well with my plantcare, but for the love of all that is holy, I cannot get my recently purchased basil plant to thrive.

At first I noticed it was droopy, found out it was underwatered due to how the basket it came in didn’t retain water well. So my bf and I bought a new pot, though it was far too big, so I ended up buying some potting soil and replanting the basil plant into the big pot. But, I’m still having problems with getting it to thrive. It’s still drooping and acting as if underwatered, but it is definitely amply watered. So I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

Any ideas?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does anyone know of a spray/chemical that is dog repellent yet safe to use around plants?

Long story short, I'll try to be succinct. We've got new neighbors and they have the manners of Barbary apes. Their daughter takes their dog over to our front yard shrubs to piss on. My lemongrass is now dying and even if I save it, it's ruined. I'm not keen on cooking my next stir fry using lemongrass stalks with the festive flavor of dog urine.

I'm not looking to harm the dog, just discourage it from using our plants as a latrine.

My husband had a sign made (before printers were all around) that he posted in his yard that the neighbors let their dogs do their business in.

It read:

Warning: this lawn has been treated with Dihydrogen Monoxide. Harmful or fatal if inhaled or ingested in large quantities.

Believe it or not it worked! We still have that sign somewhere because it was professionally made and looked scary as hell!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Opuntia blooms in my cactus bed:
IMG_20210607_133313070.jpg

And I was thrilled to see my cholla (pronounced choya) in the bed ready to bloom this morning:
IMG_20210607_133334438.jpg

When I came home from work:
IMG_20210607_182855464_HDR.jpg

Cactuses are like me. Dangerous, but ok to look at from time to time.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hibisucs, and mallows, and lilies, oh my!

I took these pictures in May but forgot to upload. The heat's about done in all of them.

hibiscus.jpg

My Texas star!!

mallow.jpg

My Rose-Mallow is potted, but I need to plant it permanently soon.

lily.jpg

These are in my front yard welcoming everyone! They're all over! The bees love them!