House plants/gardening

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Perhaps I..we are some of the lucky ones where we have natural Aussie bushland at our back door. The birds and wildlife, the sounds in the morning can keep you entertained for hours. Cockatoos, Magpies, Butcherbirds, other parrots ranging from Rosellas to Gallahs (Major Mitchell's) Mickeys...

At night, the night creatures, possums, flying foxes, and owls........

The butterflies, cicadas, native bees and honey bees during the day...so much more. The sky at night, bare feet and looking up. Yet, I've always been like this, I like the solitude and just listening and watching.

You can be a 500 year old tree, standing in one place, and yet you would probably see more of life and change in the world than any human in 80 years of travel. I think the oldest tree near where we are is around 300...yet it has gone from viewing indigenous Australians to settlement, exploration and development, aircraft, cars, fashion etc....I waffle.

We miss out on so many important things, if only we took the time. Plant a tree in a place, a little time capsule beside it. A little bit of immortality, for a little while. It may be discovered, it may not....but it gives a little peace in some way to maybe let others know, you were here.

I'm gonna read this tomorrow and think WTF :)

Last edited:

Number 9

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just about finished with building my wife a garden shed. Just have to install the metal roof, trim, deck, and deck awning. Managed to integrate the antique steel frame push out windows that came out of a 1910’s restaurant in Gonzales, Tx.

Everybody needs a place to get right with life and the world.

Attachments

A-1

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Reactions: rbkwp

A-1

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's about the size of my cat palm. Wondering why tips of leaves are turning brown.. not sure if it's due to low light or watering. Any advice?
Just read the attached article about growing cat Palms. Very helpful good stuff.

• Love

A-1

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wonder if soil deficency

but admit im mre an outdoorsf gardener,sorry
My plant is not even one year old, still in the original pot with the soil that came with the plant. Not pot bound soil is loose don't think it's deficiency. According to the article, looks like it doesn't get enough light and maybe I'm waiting too long between watering.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just read the attached article about growing cat Palms. Very helpful good stuff.
I would check the humidity near it, as the humidity may be too low, you could mist the palm from time to time to raise the humidity around it. You said it is in the same pot that you bought it in a year ago if it has grown more than double the starting size it may need to be move to a slightly larger pot with some fresh potting mix. The brown tips maybe caused also by an accumulation of excess fertilizer in the soil and moving to the tips of the leaves and burning them. You can flush the excess fertilizer from the soil by taking the palm outside on a warm day and flushing the excess away with a large volume of clear water and letting the pot drain for a few hours before bring it back indoors. After doing this hold off on the regular watering schedule until the soil has dried to where it would be when you would normally water it. Good luck with your palm.

A-1

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would check the humidity near it, as the humidity may be too low, you could mist the palm from time to time to raise the humidity around it. You said it is in the same pot that you bought it in a year ago if it has grown more than double the starting size it may need to be move to a slightly larger pot with some fresh potting mix. The brown tips maybe caused also by an accumulation of excess fertilizer in the soil and moving to the tips of the leaves and burning them. You can flush the excess fertilizer from the soil by taking the palm outside on a warm day and flushing the excess away with a large volume of clear water and letting the pot drain for a few hours before bring it back indoors. After doing this hold off on the regular watering schedule until the soil has dried to where it would be when you would normally water it. Good luck with your palm.
Oh hey thank you that's great advice

Reactions: rbkwp and pdxjoe