House plants/gardening

BelchersSpatula

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm a avid gardener. Outdoor and houseplants. Grow a lot of carnivorous plants as well.
Last fall I stumbled upon Adeniums on the web, never saw them before. Bought 2 as well as some seeds. LOVE them!

Grow some veggies every year. Carrots, pole beans, dino and red Russian kale, zucchini.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm a avid gardener. Outdoor and houseplants. Grow a lot of carnivorous plants as well.
Last fall I stumbled upon Adeniums on the web, never saw them before. Bought 2 as well as some seeds. LOVE them!

Grow some veggies every year. Carrots, pole beans, dino and red Russian kale, zucchini.
I love this.

I've been digging all morning since I posted, and we're getting ready to add a couple hundred pounds of perlite to the freshly shoveled dirt to be tilled in with the manure.

I think the only other crop I have in my garden every year you didn't mention is cannabis. Indoor, and outdoor.

My house is a year-round jungle and I fuckin love it

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
We're also planting SO MUCH CHILI. Chili Cumbre to be specific. A few other types of peppers as well.

Squash, tomatoes (several varieties.. of everything), pumpkin, watermelon, brussel sprouts, okra, herbs... Anything I find that I eat/smoke often I like to grow.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
We're also planting SO MUCH CHILI. Chili **Lumbre** to be specific. A few other types of peppers as well.

Squash, tomatoes (several varieties.. of everything), pumpkin, watermelon, brussel sprouts, okra, herbs... Anything I find that I eat/smoke often I like to grow.
Fixed it.. autocorrect be a poo

BelchersSpatula

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Quick trip to the past and my small collection of carnivorous plants...

Nice plants! Here are a few of mine recently. Flytraps and sarracenia are still in dormancy:
2 year old cephalotus, drosera dreamcycle and ping primuliflora:

Attachments

TheMeatyProfessor

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Regretfully, I had to say goodbye to a couple houseplants today.

I was preparing to repot them as they had become slightly rootbound. I ordered plant supplies online. The last of them came today, and I was in a rush to repot them this evening after running some errands. Between the initial rootbound check and today, my plants got really stressed and were already bone dry. I tried soaking each root ball but made more of a mess of things as I was working indoors (goofy me). I finally hit a point of getting extremely overwhelmed and broke all the way down with a friend on the phone.

Thankfully, my friend got my panic to calm down. I got my shit together. I was already in the middle of cutting my plants back since they had become so leggy. I could salvage quite a bit of foliage. So, I just told myself I could have my pick of the best of the best leaves and start all over again. My friend stayed on the phone with me as I cut below each node. We joked about music, silly things on the internet. And she kept saying things like, "it's okay to start over" and "it's a new season" and "renewal" and the like. I boxed up and hauled stuff to the dumpster.

And she was so spot on too.

So, I erased my big white board in my home office. I keep work schedule stuff on one side. On the other, I wrote, "It's okay to start over." I updated the watering dates. I broke out the really cool propagation jars I ordered a while back but never got around to using. They're packed full now, and I decided they might feel right at home next to my other two plants that are still kicking.

I have my desk back!

In all seriousness, this thread has become my most endearing and favorite place to stop by. I know I'm coming off of a panic attack and a rough night, and I might be a bit sour over the next couple days. I'm also very happy to read how you all love your plants too, and it's a sweet, little happy place that I'm glad to have come across.

20240321_013757.jpg

Raybo Revoy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Regretfully, I had to say goodbye to a couple houseplants today.

I was preparing to repot them as they had become slightly rootbound. I ordered plant supplies online. The last of them came today, and I was in a rush to repot them this evening after running some errands. Between the initial rootbound check and today, my plants got really stressed and were already bone dry. I tried soaking each root ball but made more of a mess of things as I was working indoors (goofy me). I finally hit a point of getting extremely overwhelmed and broke all the way down with a friend on the phone.

Thankfully, my friend got my panic to calm down. I got my shit together. I was already in the middle of cutting my plants back since they had become so leggy. I could salvage quite a bit of foliage. So, I just told myself I could have my pick of the best of the best leaves and start all over again. My friend stayed on the phone with me as I cut below each node. We joked about music, silly things on the internet. And she kept saying things like, "it's okay to start over" and "it's a new season" and "renewal" and the like. I boxed up and hauled stuff to the dumpster.

And she was so spot on too.

So, I erased my big white board in my home office. I keep work schedule stuff on one side. On the other, I wrote, "It's okay to start over." I updated the watering dates. I broke out the really cool propagation jars I ordered a while back but never got around to using. They're packed full now, and I decided they might feel right at home next to my other two plants that are still kicking.

I have my desk back!

In all seriousness, this thread has become my most endearing and favorite place to stop by. I know I'm coming off of a panic attack and a rough night, and I might be a bit sour over the next couple days. I'm also very happy to read how you all love your plants too, and it's a sweet, little happy place that I'm glad to have come across.

View attachment 125910451
Philodendrons are very forgiving. Root easily too. And I put mine outside in spring where they they go crazy all summer. I cut them back in the fall and back indoors.

Raybo Revoy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Philodendrons are very forgiving. Root easily too. And I put mine outside in spring where they they go crazy all summer. I cut them back in the fall and back indoors.
philodrendrons, orchids 024.JPG
philodrendrons, orchids 018.jpg
philodrendrons, orchids 023.jpg

Philodrendrens and a couple of orchids that were given to me last year that surprised me by reblooming nicely this year. They're in the mudroom which is actually a porch that was converted by a previous homeowner with a laundry room so the plants like the extra humidity.