How do you define bisexual and why do you use that label?

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Frankly I would never use that label.
Labels are useful things and the OP requested definitions for one of them which demonstrates intellectual honesty and curiosity. I applaud him for that.

You might "never use that label" but that doesn't mean the label cannot be used on you or someone else; it also doesn't address the OP's request. At worst, it appears to be an attempt to virtue signal or shut down discussion which is common among people who "refuse to use labels." At best, such a refusal to use labels signals uncertainty, muddled thinking and insecurity of being.

badnicky1

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Labels are useful things and the OP requested definitions for one of them which demonstrates intellectual honesty and curiosity. I applaud him for that.
You might "never use that label" but that doesn't mean the label cannot be used on you or someone else; it also doesn't address the OP's request. At worst, it appears to be an attempt to virtue signal or shut down discussion which is common among people who "refuse to use labels." At best, such a refusal to use labels signals uncertainty, muddled thinking and insecurity of being.
Yes, I should (and do) apologize, I wrote in a hurry out of enthusiasm to respond, and should have waited until I had more time.
The label bisexual describes me, but absolutely terrifies me. I feel it has the most downsides of all the available labels, and the fewest upsides. Obviously that’s all debatable, but I’ve lived a lifetime of avoiding coming out to many people as such because the risks of doing so are as bad inside the community as outside, in my view.

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Yes, I should (and do) apologize, I wrote in a hurry out of enthusiasm to respond, and should have waited until I had more time.
The label bisexual describes me, but absolutely terrifies me. I feel it has the most downsides of all the available labels, and the fewest upsides. Obviously that’s all debatable, but I’ve lived a lifetime of avoiding coming out to many people as such because the risks of doing so are as bad inside the community as outside, in my view.
A life without risk is an empty life and one should not seek to avoid risk when acting and deciding authentically. Besides, the world is full of risk; it is about how we embrace it and respond to it. Fear is no justification for living a less than full life and you won't get sympathy points from many for being fearful. The best way to prove these things to yourself is to take the action you have avoided for so long no matter your excuses to the contrary.

Reactions: thereal_ericnyles

badnicky1

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
A life without risk is an empty life and one should not seek to avoid risk when acting and deciding authentically. Besides, the world is full of risk; it is about how we embrace it and respond to it. Fear is no justification for living a less than full life and you won't get sympathy points from many for being fearful. The best way to prove these things to yourself is to take the action you have avoided for so long no matter your excuses to the contrary.
I think what I meant was that I perceive my gay friends to be incredibly harsh to bisexual people, usually when they don't know there's one around. They show their cards, and it's at a level beyond my capacity to accept. Call that fear or risk, I'm fine with that. But I choose not to open myself to endless criticism for being "only halfway gay."

JD_002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think what I meant was that I perceive my gay friends to be incredibly harsh to bisexual people, usually when they don't know there's one around. They show their cards, and it's at a level beyond my capacity to accept. Call that fear or risk, I'm fine with that. But I choose not to open myself to endless criticism for being "only halfway gay."
Whoa, we're half way gay
Whoa oh, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make out, I swear
Whoa oh, livin' on a prayer

JD_002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
As I fellow bi guy I'm just gonna let you know I love bi guys, they are best ❤

goldscorpguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've never minded being labelled, after all we do it with everyone and everything in our lives. Think of your family, friends, colleagues, even people you only momentarily interact with like shopworkers, bank tellers or the homeless. Each one you label... rich, poor, smart, dumb, attractive, ugly, the list is endless. So why not label our sexual and gender preference, whether secretly or openly.
I define my bisexuality in simple terms. I enjoy the physical act of sex with both men and women. I only form romantic feelings for women, but with men it is basic and uncomplicated fucking. If someone looks at my life and labels me heteroflexible, homoflexible or something else, that is their prerogative. But I'm more than happy with bisexual, I feel comfortable in that skin.

Reactions: bigboaster

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've never minded being labelled, after all we do it with everyone and everything in our lives. Think of your family, friends, colleagues, even people you only momentarily interact with like shopworkers, bank tellers or the homeless. Each one you label... rich, poor, smart, dumb, attractive, ugly, the list is endless. So why not label our sexual and gender preference, whether secretly or openly.
I define my bisexuality in simple terms. I enjoy the physical act of sex with both men and women. I only form romantic feelings for women, but with men it is basic and uncomplicated fucking. If someone looks at my life and labels me heteroflexible, homoflexible or something else, that is their prerogative. But I'm more than happy with bisexual, I feel comfortable in that skin.
Good for you. Your shade of bisexuality is perfectly valid (and fairly common). Not sure why someone would feel the need to "re-label" you but plenty of gays absolutely hate your lifestyle (and often engage in rampant biphobia in response as well)

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's your own business to interact with people you find acceptable and scorn those you find objectionable. It's good to make decisive judgments of people. So, no, I don't call that fear and it certainly has nothing to do with risk.

Anime2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Bisexuality is pretty simple it's when a person is physically and emotionally attracted to both genders. There are some people who are more attracted to one gender more than the other though but in general they like both

Anime2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I also think we as humans have over complicated this as well. For example what a man likes in the bedroom will get labelled something he may not feel he is. Example if a straight man likes being pegged or arse play most people will ignorantly assume he is gay when that's not the case.

Reactions: bigboaster

Anime2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Question to everyone in the thread a man that's straight literally only desires women romantically and sexually. Men dont turn him on at all but he has a desire to suck dick he just has this fantasy to suck a massive dick he doesnt care who because its not a about the guy it's about the tool. So what does that make him

StrenghtenMe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Question to everyone in the thread a man that's straight literally only desires women romantically and sexually. Men dont turn him on at all but he has a desire to suck dick he just has this fantasy to suck a massive dick he doesnt care who because its not a about the guy it's about the tool. So what does that make him
Dick fetishist?
Anyway, the point is that a lot of sexual labels don't matter in reality.
"Straight" guy who likes sex with men is literally indistinguishable from heteromantic bisexual guy- the guys who hookup with him only care that he wants to hookup with them.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Probably some type of dick paraphilia. There's some examples of these guys on this forum.

Some do consider this a type of bisexual, others just consider themselves straight, some say hetero-flexible. The point is "labels" are messy and even the person themselves doesn't always know how to "properly" identify necessarily. That's why I think how you choose to label yourself is just a personal choice, not an indicator of your total orientation.

Reactions: Anime2

Anime2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Probably some type of dick paraphilia. There's some examples of these guys on this forum.

Some do consider this a type of bisexual, others just consider themselves straight, some say hetero-flexible. The point is "labels" are messy and even the person themselves doesn't always know how to "properly" identify necessarily. That's why I think how you choose to label yourself is just a personal choice, not an indicator of your total orientation.
If I can be candid religion specifically the world of christianity has really done a number on male sexuality.

Prior to Christianity labels didnt exist mens sexuality wasn't overally analyzed like it is today. Sexual desire was just that and people lived their lives

Jjsurp99

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Interesting how much this describes me. I enjoy cock but have no interest in any relationship or hugging or kissing men, I just to stroke with them and do a bit of oral. I don’t feel bi but think I am fooling myself when I don’t say I am bi
Get a dildo don't do that to men.